00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I want to learn Animation

386 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I want to learn Animation 2016-05-14 20:28:09

Hey, I'm a teenager that wants to make animations. I know the basics on what makes an animation but I got no idea how to use any of the software. Is there any programs that you can recommend for beginners or not a place where I can learn how to use any of them? I'm the type that rather learn in person or have someone guide me. Fortunately I signed up for a college where I can major in it but would like to know a few things before it starts.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Response to I want to learn Animation 2016-05-15 01:00:07

At 5/14/16 08:28 PM, jbadboy360 wrote: Hey, I'm a teenager that wants to make animations. I know the basics on what makes an animation but I got no idea how to use any of the software. Is there any programs that you can recommend for beginners or not a place where I can learn how to use any of them? I'm the type that rather learn in person or have someone guide me. Fortunately I signed up for a college where I can major in it but would like to know a few things before it starts.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

There's a free one (I think it's free at least) called Toomboom. I personally haven't used it, but I heard that a lot of people like it especially since it's free and is decent in itself. Or you could pirate Flash, but I wouldn't recommend that. :P
And if worst comes to worse, you could just use Gimp + Windows Movie Maker, although that'll take up a lot of space and won't feel as 'free' as a real animation program.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to I want to learn Animation 2016-05-15 03:36:33

Toonboom is definitely not free and one of the harder programs to use as well.

Most people start off with flash as its easy to use and intuitive, at the moment you can pay monthly and if you're a student you can probably get a discount.

Animation is hard, and if your not a descent artists to start with you may find it even more difficult so I would recommend working on your art to start with till you get to a level where you are comfortable drawing.

If you do end up getting Flash there is a few tutorials on Youtube of some good animators showing how to use the program.

BBS Signature

At 5/15/16 03:36 AM, Blounty wrote: Toonboom is definitely not free and one of the harder programs to use as well.

My bad, I might have been thinking of a different program and somehow mistook it for Toonboom. o:
This whole time.
...shit.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature