00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Heln966 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do you like gift cards?

1,694 Views | 33 Replies

Response to Do you like gift cards? 2016-05-13 16:35:00

At 5/12/16 03:45 PM, EKM wrote: I've gotten Playstation Network cards, iTunes cards and Steam cards before. This was before I started using debit online.

Do PSN cards count as "gift cards" though?

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like gift cards? 2016-05-13 17:11:15

Gifts cards are okay.

Response to Do you like gift cards? 2016-05-13 17:48:17 (edited 2016-05-13 17:50:39)

At 5/2/16 06:06 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 5/2/16 05:57 PM, FoAngel wrote: Gift cards aren't bad. A lot of them are a scam though especially here since you only have a limited amount of Time to use them.

That's true everywhere. My sister has given me gift cards to go to the movies the last couple of years and they've all had expiration dates. That's not much trouble in this case because there probably will be a movie I want to see within the next year but yeah, on principle I see the problem.
What annoys me is when you almost use one up and then you make the choice of having to remember you have a couple bucks on one or splurge on a counter item to burn it.

Depends, a lot of states got wise and have laws protecting consumers from having gift cards expire or have inactivity fees that take funds away from them. Here in New Jersey it's even required by law for a retailer to let someone redeem balances of less than $5 for the cash value although most people don't even know that they can do that and probably couldn't even be bothered to if they did.

Gift cards are still kind of dumb even with the best consumer protections. I'll still buy them as gifts though because it feels more like I put thought into a gift even if me and the recipient both know I'm just a lazy schmuck who waited until the last second. It's like a cultural formality to go a step beyond just giving out cash. I should try and break the habit.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like gift cards? 2016-05-13 21:04:31

Only if they're like a supermarket card or a Wally World card or Target or something. If it's a resturant gift card I tend to get annoyed.