00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gaffi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Collaboration

479 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Collaboration 2016-04-26 19:23:23

Hi Guys

So I'm just a small time schmuck with big dreams but I am wondering if there are a lot of people who would do collaboration work out their. An example could be an animation I am writing at the moment, which may be hard to get off the ground and may need the go ahead from an outside source. I just wonder how people go about collaborating and if you find people interested.

Thanks

Jimi

Response to Collaboration 2016-04-26 19:38:20

There used to be a big Collab scene here on Newgrounds but it seems to have dried up lately.

If you want to get yourself off the ground you either need to make something really good and original, make a parody, or you can take something already popular and animate a segment of it such as SleepyCast or GameGrumps.

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration 2016-04-26 19:52:53

So far that is all I have :P GG Animated. I am not the greatest animator so making it big isn't exactly an option on that fromt. I would love to create a space battle rivalling the animation work on Space Dandy, the art style on that show is amazing hah. I would love to Collab and help people out to grow as an artist.

At 4/26/16 07:38 PM, Blounty wrote: There used to be a big Collab scene here on Newgrounds but it seems to have dried up lately.

If you want to get yourself off the ground you either need to make something really good and original, make a parody, or you can take something already popular and animate a segment of it such as SleepyCast or GameGrumps.

Response to Collaboration 2016-04-26 20:51:03

At 4/26/16 07:52 PM, JimToons wrote: So far that is all I have :P GG Animated. I am not the greatest animator so making it big isn't exactly an option on that fromt. I would love to create a space battle rivalling the animation work on Space Dandy, the art style on that show is amazing hah. I would love to Collab and help people out to grow as an artist.

You need to get to the point that you working with people would not slow them down or hinder them.

You should really get to a point where you are able to make really good stuff yourself. Working with other people is whole other mess that can get in your way of growth as an artist.

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration 2016-04-26 21:26:19

Hi JimToons,

It doesn't hurt to throw your ideas up here and see who decides to join your collab no matter what that topic might be. However like all things if its a paid job you tend to get alot more people to join your cause.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration 2016-04-27 04:46:33

That is a really good point, I do have a long way to go before I can start a bigger project. I guess I would take more a producer role if the option goes ahead.

ollab and help people out to grow as an artist.

You need to get to the point that you working with people would not slow them down or hinder them.

You should really get to a point where you are able to make really good stuff yourself. Working with other people is whole other mess that can get in your way of growth as an artist.

Response to Collaboration 2016-04-27 04:47:20

Yea, unfortunately we all need to live. I am against people working for free as in most line of works everyone wants something for nothing.

It doesn't hurt to throw your ideas up here and see who decides to join your collab no matter what that topic might be. However like all things if its a paid job you tend to get alot more people to join your cause.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow