00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help me senpai

386 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Help me senpai 2016-04-23 09:44:23

Ok so I just recently tried my hand at animation but I need feedback on my content I have 2 videos posted to my YouTube check it out and please get back to me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq-mrH_GQ3zjVomojKOySzw

Response to Help me senpai 2016-04-23 09:52:58

It looks like you are a beginner at animating . . . and it terribly shows.

I had to turn off the audio because it's cringing -- others might find it funny; I personally don't.

I suggest you need to learn your 12 principles of animation beforehand.

Other than that, there's lack of in-betweens, weak staging, and unappealing visuals (too much negative, white space)

Response to Help me senpai 2016-04-23 12:46:40

Woa dude. Talk about destroying someones confidence :P

Other than that, there's lack of in-betweens, weak staging, and unappealing visuals (too much negative, white space)

We have all had our first animation and they always suck. I feel mine still suck and I have been trying to animate for years. Its a long learning curve. Just try and learn form this experience and make the each project a little better. Try putting more in betweens in and as the guy above me has stated, read up on animation and educate yourself on the basic points.

Response to Help me senpai 2016-04-23 14:09:01 (edited 2016-04-23 14:09:22)

At 4/23/16 12:46 PM, JimToons wrote: Woa dude. Talk about destroying someones confidence :P

We have all had our first animation and they always suck. I feel mine still suck and I have been trying to animate for years. Its a long learning curve. Just try and learn form this experience and make the each project a little better. Try putting more in betweens in and as the guy above me has stated, read up on animation and educate yourself on the basic points.

Yep, been there, and my first critique was just as harsh; and it was a punch in the gut.

My point being, critiques are meant to offer points of improvement, not to sugar-coat. If I didn't point those weaknesses, then how will that person know where to work on?

I'd rather praise on what's wrong than what's good.

Response to Help me senpai 2016-04-26 01:50:06

Yep, been there, and my first critique was just as harsh; and it was a punch in the gut.

My point being, critiques are meant to offer points of improvement, not to sugar-coat. If I didn't point those weaknesses, then how will that person know where to work on?

I'd rather praise on what's wrong than what's good.

In fact, it kind of HAS to be harsh at some times so that it's shown as important. I know that when I first started drawing (and posted it on DeviantART-- it was all very cringe don't worry), EVERYONE would sugarcoat my art. I drew warrior "cats," which looked nothing like animals, let alone cats, yet no one actually gave me critique. To this day, I have no idea of the anatomy of a cat even though I drew them for years and then moved onto other things.
Most of the time, a harsh punch-in-the-face critique is needed, especially if you're a beginner. Or else you'll just draw blobs that are supposed to be cats for like four years, and never improve. :P

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature