00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Attacking American Atheism

592 Views | 14 Replies

Attacking American Atheism 2016-04-20 11:18:00

Why is it that when present day Atheism is being criticized its always American Atheist who are targeted the most

Response to Attacking American Atheism 2016-04-20 12:10:50

Because some American Atheists are big, intolerable assholes to people who do believe there is a God.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Attacking American Atheism 2016-04-20 13:46:30

If Atheists would just stay quite, they wouldn't be under Gods almighty radar. Leave something for people to believe in what they find comforting - you atheists are cancer to USA.

I speak the truth no matter how much cruel it may sound.

Response to Attacking American Atheism 2016-04-20 14:12:43

most people i meet in general are just fine about their religious stances- be it atheist or theistic- it's people who can't accept others beliefs that usually spoil everyone's enjoyment of life.

i've definitely met people who are petty enough to look forward to things like arguing with mormon missionaries or jehovah's witnesses who go door to door, or shit like that, as if there was anything to gain from it. nothing cool about those sorts of people really.

Response to Attacking American Atheism 2016-04-20 14:39:38

Other atheists lead an easy life. Woe to the American!

Attacking American Atheism

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Attacking American Atheism 2016-04-20 14:41:00

Why do people capitalize it?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Attacking American Atheism 2016-04-20 14:45:42

At 4/20/16 11:18 AM, MuramasasEdge wrote: Why is it that when present day Atheism is being criticized its always American Atheist who are targeted the most

did you copy and pasted my thread about American Christians but instead replace the thread with atheists

Response to Attacking American Atheism 2016-04-20 20:08:40

I would suppose because Western atheism is the most prevalent demographic among the atheist population. Not that it is cool or okay to attack anyone for their beliefs, or lack thereof!

BBS Signature

Response to Attacking American Atheism 2016-04-20 21:00:13

any time i see david silverman on tv, he's a giant douche.

i, myself, am a nonbeliever but you don't have to be a dick about it.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Attacking American Atheism 2016-04-20 21:49:24

agnostic is the right religion

Response to Attacking American Atheism 2016-04-20 21:52:43

At 4/20/16 02:12 PM, Ass-Crumb wrote: i've definitely met people who are petty enough to look forward to things like arguing with mormon missionaries or jehovah's witnesses who go door to door, or shit like that, as if there was anything to gain from it. nothing cool about those sorts of people really.

I've heard people talk with pride about being dicks to them. I just talk to them. One time, some Mormons came by and I was friendly and everything and chatted a moment and they gave me a book with a bookmark in it and I opened straight to a page about Hell, damnation etc. I dunno if it was something I said...

At 4/20/16 09:00 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: any time i see david silverman on tv, he's a giant douche.

i, myself, am a nonbeliever but you don't have to be a dick about it.

I didn't realize until I saw him on TV recently. I don't think he's helping.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Attacking American Atheism 2016-04-21 01:34:21

At 4/20/16 07:43 PM, Anarkat wrote:
At 4/20/16 01:46 PM, Obsix wrote: If Atheists would just stay quite
Atheist here I like 2 stay QUITE.

Quiet* I was in a hurry, mistakes happen.

Response to Attacking American Atheism 2016-04-21 01:38:41

At 4/20/16 09:20 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 4/20/16 01:46 PM, Obsix wrote: If Atheists would just stay quite, they wouldn't be under Gods almighty radar. Leave something for people to believe in what they find comforting - you atheists are cancer to USA.
cling onto what you "find comforting" all you like, as long as blatant stupidity like this keeps happening, you can expect thinking people to have something to say about religion

I get what you mean. Both religious and non-religious individuals ought to keep their beliefs and non-beliefs a secret it looks silly seeing one person claiming that something exists while the other claiming it doesn't.

My point is it's a waste of time arguing. Atheists ought to stay quiet and do what they do instead of wasting time convincing people. That's my point.

Response to Attacking American Atheism 2016-04-21 05:02:42

At 4/21/16 01:38 AM, Obsix wrote:
At 4/20/16 09:20 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 4/20/16 01:46 PM, Obsix wrote: If Atheists would just stay quite, they wouldn't be under Gods almighty radar. Leave something for people to believe in what they find comforting - you atheists are cancer to USA.
cling onto what you "find comforting" all you like, as long as blatant stupidity like this keeps happening, you can expect thinking people to have something to say about religion
I get what you mean. Both religious and non-religious individuals ought to keep their beliefs and non-beliefs a secret it looks silly seeing one person claiming that something exists while the other claiming it doesn't.

My point is it's a waste of time arguing. Atheists ought to stay quiet and do what they do instead of wasting time convincing people. That's my point.

"Don't ask don't tell" but for religion? Lol, no. It didn't work for gays in the military. It won't work for religion. Anyone should be able to have whatever beliefs they have provided they don't go forcing others into it. They are free to tell others of their beliefs or lack thereof, if it's appropriate. Obviously doing what a lot of religious people do and turn literally every conversation into Bible talk isn't appropriate. But if you can function normally in society I don't really see why it should matter.

Atheists should stay quiet? Atheists aren't the ones on every other street corner in just about any downtown area yelling at everyone telling them they're going to hell unless they join their religion. Atheists aren't the ones trying to enforce arbitrary religious rules as law. And as for those who primarily go around trying to convince people to change to their religion, again that would be the religious, and not Atheists.

At 4/20/16 02:42 PM, zornuzkull wrote:
At 4/20/16 02:41 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Why do people capitalize it?
No idea...

Consistency and also to tick off anyone it annoys. When you have every single religion capitalized, and you're speaking of religions, then you also capitalize Atheist and Agnostic because otherwise you're implying they're somehow less important than other belief systems. But you can do it either way.

You can also do stuff like capitalize Atheist but lowercase god if you like messing with religious people. For bonus trolling power, try capitalizing when you are talking about plural Gods but not when you are talking about singular god.

It's sort of the same reasons Earth can be either Earth or earth. It gets capitalized because all the other planets are capitalized and otherwise it kind of sticks out as "less important", so it's for consistency, but if you're just talking about the planet itself you can use either.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Attacking American Atheism 2016-04-22 00:50:54