00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiitenlit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metroid Other M

1,676 Views | 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Metroid Other M 2016-04-19 01:11:27

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid:_Other_M

What did you think about this game? Did you enjoy the different direction it took from other games in the Metroid series?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-19 03:50:43

At 4/19/16 01:11 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid:_Other_M

What did you think about this game? Did you enjoy the different direction it took from other games in the Metroid series?

Weird that you linked to the wikipedia article for it.

It was underrated.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-19 07:47:56

The gameplay was good. Not such a hotshot at Metroid on Super Nintendo, i have always admired Zelda games, but i think Other M was a good game, the story line was just amusing so i dont care so much about it, although i liked Anthony in it :D

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-19 09:42:04

From what I've seen from many videos on Youtube this game needs to die in a fire. The way they decided to portray Samus was abysmal and kind of insulting to her character.

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-19 11:02:18

At 4/19/16 03:50 AM, sharpnova wrote: Weird that you linked to the wikipedia article for it.
It was underrated.

I always provide a link, so people can gain more info about a question.

I son't think it was the best, just different.

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-19 12:11:44

At 4/19/16 11:02 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/19/16 03:50 AM, sharpnova wrote: Weird that you linked to the wikipedia article for it.
It was underrated.
I always provide a link, so people can gain more info about a question.

I son't think it was the best, just different.

Its a good thing. Dont let other discourage you, sharing the source is a good thing to do to know where people can look up information on a game.

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-19 13:19:23

At 4/19/16 07:47 AM, Doge2 wrote: The gameplay was good. Not such a hotshot at Metroid on Super Nintendo, i have always admired Zelda games, but i think Other M was a good game, the story line was just amusing so i dont care so much about it, although i liked Anthony in it :D

I liked it as well. I also enjoyed The Legend of Zelda 2, I know many disliked that game as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-19 13:51:48

At 4/19/16 01:19 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/19/16 07:47 AM, Doge2 wrote: The gameplay was good. Not such a hotshot at Metroid on Super Nintendo, i have always admired Zelda games, but i think Other M was a good game, the story line was just amusing so i dont care so much about it, although i liked Anthony in it :D
I liked it as well. I also enjoyed The Legend of Zelda 2, I know many disliked that game as well.

One of my favorite games. Although my all time childhood memory game is Zelda a Link to the Past on Super Nintendo, its pure magic ^^.

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-19 16:51:25

Played it for a while until I got bored with it. Didn't really like the controls, they should've sticked with one thing instead of mixing FPS with TPS. The story was ok, at best, and I really hated the fact that the game pointed out where hidden items where in your mini map.

Overall, it felt like a very weak game. Metroid is one of my favorite Nintendo IPs, and unfortunately it seems to be the one which suffers the most negligence lately.

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-20 00:47:28

At 4/19/16 06:28 AM, Hoodie wrote:
At 4/19/16 03:50 AM, sharpnova wrote: It was underrated.
There is no way you are not trolling by this point.

You hated the game so much that if someone says it's underrated they must be trolling?

Fuck off.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-20 11:14:43

At 4/19/16 09:05 AM, DomoMekko wrote: I have never played it so i don't know.

It is a Nintendo game, so you would need a Wii or Wii U to enjoy it.

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-21 10:47:52

At 4/19/16 09:42 AM, Buradori wrote: From what I've seen from many videos on Youtube this game needs to die in a fire. The way they decided to portray Samus was abysmal and kind of insulting to her character.

Even if you don't agree with the plot, this game was basically Metroid meets Ninja Gaiden.

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-21 13:44:30

At 4/21/16 10:47 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/19/16 09:42 AM, Buradori wrote: From what I've seen from many videos on Youtube this game needs to die in a fire. The way they decided to portray Samus was abysmal and kind of insulting to her character.
Even if you don't agree with the plot, this game was basically Metroid meets Ninja Gaiden.

I haven't played it but from what I've heard the gameplay is not great. It certainly is the game's strongest feature but it wasn't anything special. I can't really speak on that, since I haven't played it though. I don't think I will ever buy it, unless I find it for like five bucks. The story is enough to keep me away.

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-21 20:50:09

At 4/19/16 12:11 PM, Doge2 wrote: Its a good thing. Dont let other discourage you, sharing the source is a good thing to do to know where people can look up information on a game.

Thanks. I always try to share a source, just to prevent the " what is that? " post.

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-21 21:42:57

I haven't played it yet, but it looks awesome!

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-21 22:56:35

At 4/19/16 04:51 PM, MiroDK wrote: Played it for a while until I got bored with it. Didn't really like the controls, they should've sticked with one thing instead of mixing FPS with TPS. The story was ok, at best, and I really hated the fact that the game pointed out where hidden items where in your mini map.

Mixing the play styles was a poor idea. Just because you know where the hidden item, doesn't mean it is easy to get.

Overall, it felt like a very weak game. Metroid is one of my favorite Nintendo IPs, and unfortunately it seems to be the one which suffers the most negligence lately.

They tried something new, and it wasn't the best idea. At least, they tried something new.

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-22 06:47:09

At 4/20/16 10:08 AM, Hoodie wrote:
At 4/20/16 12:47 AM, sharpnova wrote: You hated the game so much that if someone says it's underrated they must be trolling?

Fuck off.
This is the equivalence of someone saying they thought Tak 2 was underrated.

I don't even know what Tak 2 is so I don't get your analogy which I'm sure is stupid.

Metroid: Other M was a great game that a lot of Metroid fans cried about because of the perspective.

It was underrated.

Please go stand on a grounded ladder and bite a power line.

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-22 10:44:40

At 4/20/16 10:00 PM, DomoMekko wrote: Damn I wish i hadn't gotten rid of my wii

You could pick one up cheap. Even the Wii U is a little cheaper these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-25 18:40:48

Sharp, you get way to angry when defending Nintendo stuff.

Do people who hate Other M usually hate the gameplay as well or just the story?

At 4/25/16 04:01 PM, kanef wrote: saw it in a bargain bin in tesco once
then again its how i found vanquish so its not really a bad quality indicator

Vanquish seemed pretty neat from the demo. Tough, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-26 13:58:48

At 4/21/16 01:44 PM, Buradori wrote: I haven't played it but from what I've heard the gameplay is not great. It certainly is the game's strongest feature but it wasn't anything special. I can't really speak on that, since I haven't played it though. I don't think I will ever buy it, unless I find it for like five bucks. The story is enough to keep me away.

The gameplay was okay. I played it and beat it, but would probably not replay it.

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-26 17:06:14

At 4/21/16 10:56 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Mixing the play styles was a poor idea. Just because you know where the hidden item, doesn't mean it is easy to get.

No, but I prefer exploring a room to find an item instead of having it show up my radar.

They tried something new, and it wasn't the best idea. At least, they tried something new.

Sure, I can respect that at least. It wasn't a bad game, but it felt weak compared to its predecessors.

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-04-27 11:24:58

At 4/21/16 09:42 PM, VenomationsTV wrote: I haven't played it yet, but it looks awesome!

You should give it a try. You can pick it up cheap.

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-05-10 10:02:04

I thought it was alright, overhated by the Metroid fandom though.

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-05-10 12:08:12

At 4/25/16 04:01 PM, kanef wrote: saw it in a bargain bin in tesco once
then again its how i found vanquish so its not really a bad quality indicator

Just because a game is cheap, does not make it bad.

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Other M 2016-05-10 17:29:07

At 5/10/16 10:02 AM, NanoRim wrote: I thought it was alright, overhated by the Metroid fandom though.

I agree with you. Ir was different, but not terrible.

BBS Signature