00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fallout New Vegas > 3

824 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Fallout New Vegas > 3 2016-03-29 16:39:01

I played both around the same time frame. So, I don't have nostalgia toward either.

New Vegas has aged much more well. I like how there is more locations to find where as in FO3 you can walk 2 miles without finding anything. The writing it also better in it (especially in the DLC's) and the combat in it was also improved from 3.

There is actually a whole list of things I like about it, but I simplified my opinion in this post for the sake of me not wanting to type huge paragraphs. So what do you think has aged better NG?

filler text

Response to Fallout New Vegas > 3 2016-03-29 21:04:13 (edited 2016-03-29 21:04:32)

At 3/29/16 08:50 PM, Hoodie wrote: No way, the game that took everything from the third game but improved upon it is better? I would of never fucking guessed.

On some of the older threads on NG about Fallout, a lot of people seemed to like 3 more than New Vegas, but I think NV has aged more well, again.

filler text

Response to Fallout New Vegas > 3 2016-04-03 10:50:26

I know people who swear up and down that 3 is better than NV because 3 was their first Fallout and Bethesda didn't make NV.

Response to Fallout New Vegas > 3 2016-04-04 16:54:28

I dunno, man, they're both great. I played 3 more.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Fallout New Vegas > 3 2016-04-05 07:04:50

At 4/5/16 04:59 AM, zornuzkull wrote: Three had a better built world and less glitches crashes and game breaking bugs...
Fallout new Vegas had a better storyline weapon variety combat and crafting...
I still prefer the urban warfare and the better crafted world in fallout 3 to be honest...

While I personally like NV more than 3 I can agree with this opinion. While both games obviously suffers a bit from a having a lot of "samey" landscape 3 does have more variety to it and it has more unique areas. For the most part NV is just desolated desert wasteland while 3 shifts from burnt barren wasteland to crumbling city ruins. A lot of reason why the scenery in NV is inferior to 3 is because they had less time, and they actually had a lot of ambition to make it really great. For instance New Vegas the city was somebody to MUCH bigger and much more clean to really capture that city in a snowglobe feeling. NVs DLCs on the other hand does a much better job at world building with each DLC area feeling unique and fitting for it's own separate story.

But since I think this is the only instance where 3 is better than NV I still like it much more. Not because that is saying a lot I like them both very much any way.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Fallout New Vegas > 3 2016-04-05 20:55:24

While I personally like NV more than 3 I can agree with this opinion. While both games obviously suffers a bit from a having a lot of "samey" landscape 3 does have more variety to it and it has more unique areas. For the most part NV is just desolated desert wasteland while 3 shifts from burnt barren wasteland to crumbling city ruins. A lot of reason why the scenery in NV is inferior to 3 is because they had less time, and they actually had a lot of ambition to make it really great. For instance New Vegas the city was somebody to MUCH bigger and much more clean to really capture that city in a snowglobe feeling. NVs DLCs on the other hand does a much better job at world building with each DLC area feeling unique and fitting for it's own separate story.

Old World Blues has to be the best DLC across all Fallout games so far. It had a very entertaining story plus it was a joy to be able to have another home there. Second might be Dead Money. Hard as f**k, but the reward set's you for life. The difficulty worked well with the reward you can get. Plus some neat gear. Third goes to Operation Anchorage in F3. Something new was snow! I loved it and I await the next Fallout game to be a nuclear winter. I'm sure we can ALL agree Honest Hearts had to be one of the least likable DLC's.

Response to Fallout New Vegas > 3 2016-04-07 21:51:54

I actually liked New Vegas. At times, I feel like it had done some things better than 3, but then again had its flaws. Its story was well written and I loved looking into every story arc I could. The main problem I found was that the main story quest of the game was too short. 3 had a plot just as good with a good length of playtime. With New Vegas, however, I used to complete it in almost no time at all. At least it had a good amount of sidequests to take you off track. Did anyone else think it moved a little to quickly?