00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GrawlixMan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need help with translation!

491 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Need help with translation! 2016-01-30 13:27:35

Hello everyone! I want to ask you for help. I need help translating my comics in English. If you're interested, for more details contact me

Response to Need help with translation! 2016-01-31 12:45:01

From what language are we translating this?

Response to Need help with translation! 2016-01-31 13:05:21

At 1/31/16 12:45 PM, Troisnyx wrote: From what language are we translating this?

Frankly, your offer I barely understood. Google Translator is not the best helper in the translation. I think now you understand.

Response to Need help with translation! 2016-01-31 13:07:29

At 1/31/16 01:05 PM, Straginski wrote:
At 1/31/16 12:45 PM, Troisnyx wrote: From what language are we translating this?
Frankly, your offer I barely understood. Google Translator is not the best helper in the translation. I think now you understand.

What? I wasn't going to use Google Translate. I asked what language, so that I could point you to people who could speak whatever language you requested. And if it was indeed French, I'd be able to speak it fine.

Before you shoot in the dark with accusations about what a person is going to do, why don't you actually READ what I wrote...

Response to Need help with translation! 2016-01-31 13:17:42

At 1/31/16 01:07 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
What? I wasn't going to use Google Translate. I asked what language, so that I could point you to people who could speak whatever language you requested. And if it was indeed French, I'd be able to speak it fine.

Before you shoot in the dark with accusations about what a person is going to do, why don't you actually READ what I wrote...

Sorry. It's all Google translator! My English is sooooo bad. You have already seen. And a translation from the Russian language. And, rather than translation, editing, which will translate the Google translator

Response to Need help with translation! 2016-01-31 13:27:12

At 1/31/16 01:17 PM, Straginski wrote:
At 1/31/16 01:07 PM, Troisnyx wrote:

Sorry. It's all Google translator! My English is sooooo bad. You have already seen. And a translation from the Russian language. And, rather than translation, editing, which will translate the Google translator

Translation from Russian... Hm. I do know a Russian speaker here called @pit80, who at least has a basic command of English. There is also @Antiskill (?), I think, who previously put his location as Moscow.

Don't worry about earlier. It's okay.

Anyone else can recommend any Russian speakers around here who are at least on their way to being bilingual?

Response to Need help with translation! 2016-01-31 13:51:59

Oh, thanks, I'll try to contact them ^^

Response to Need help with translation! 2016-02-01 01:28:17

At 1/31/16 01:51 PM, Straginski wrote: Oh, thanks, I'll try to contact them ^^

Seems like your english not so bad ;)... At least you still reply here on eng ;) .. Understandable ...

Response to Need help with translation! 2016-02-02 16:33:57

At 1/30/16 01:27 PM, Straginski wrote: Hello everyone! I want to ask you for help. I need help translating my comics in English. If you're interested, for more details contact me

Yes google translate isn't the best because the translator doesn't take in account of sentence syntax and arrangement certain languages have. Take for example some of the youtube videos that translate those old USSR cartoons it's usually translated in a weird way where you can understand, but it's only translating the words and not arranging sentences right.

I think the best thing for you would be the writing forum! maybe toss the original text, then the ones resulted from google translate and someone can help you arrange it right so you don't lose the story because of the translation!

Hope that helps!

Buy my book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1686919077 (also available for other countries too, thks ILU <3 )