00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How do you like your meat cooked?

3,639 Views | 46 Replies

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-19 08:28:16

mosts meats cause heart disease and dementia

Medium-rare, but closer to the rare side.

I specifically like my steak alla Fiorentina, which simply means seared in a high, dry heat, then given basic/minimal seasonings after it's cooked.

The inside should be cooked, as pink and juicy as humanly possible. Pair this with some pasta and the correct wine, and you've got yourself a fine meal.

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-19 08:54:41

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-19 09:42:03

At 1/19/16 08:54 AM, finicalprickle wrote: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265216.php
http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20141105/red-meat-carnitine

cartoons are 4 children

You should take all the red meat "studies" with a major pinch of salt, They vary so widely with supposed evidence for both sides of the "Is meat bad for you?" debate and one study will "prove" it does something bad to your body then the next study contradicts it and "proves" it doesn't, there is so much cherry picking with these supposed scientific studies that it is frankly insulting to the science they are meant to be helping. It may even be worse than the cherry picking found in pharmacy pill tests.

Now the ones you are looking at (since I can't be bothered to check tbh due to the above problems) may be more valid than the majority, but they also may not be, so you know, just make sure to have those pinches of salt on hand.

Now one type of red meat for sure which is bad for you is smoked meat since the smoking actually has similar effects to the cigerette smoke issues. But the general view of this and all other red meat is that they are fine in small quantities just don't have them ever day, and the smoked stuff have as an exception rather than the general preference....then again that smoked one may also be cherry picked and therefore untrustworthy and I wouldn't know any better. The whole thing is a fucking mess.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15694685

another way of getting it, meat is murder get it through your head

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-19 10:59:19

Ok, i link to the facts you link to the fiction tv shows and paperbacks. im and intellectual

At 1/19/16 10:59 AM, finicalprickle wrote: Ok, i link to the facts you link to the fiction tv shows and paperbacks. im and intellectual

Now let's get back to the point of my thread and stop derailing it (that goes to the other guy too for fuelling it). If you are a vegetarian then instead of throwing around insults and saying we are stupid for eating meat why not say how you like your meat substitutes cooked, since that stuff is made to be as close to the real meat as possible and therefore can also be cooked in many ways, so go on and add to the thread in a productive way!
Personally I like my meat substitutes cooked the same as I like my proper meat cooked, and yes sometimes I do eat Quorn stuff because it tastes nice, it just has roughly half the calories of the actual meat and since I eat very little as it is trying to live off the vegetarian option has proven to be a bad idea when I tried it for 2 weeks. On that note Calories are important ffs why is everything now "low calories!" That isn't fucking healthy that is fucking bad, you need energy!

Below is my response greyed out since the important thing is the above, but this needs to be said even though as mentioned above I only want it to be read and not responded to, since clearly another response isn't going to make it any less derailed.

My point still stands from above, for every "study" you can find which "proves" it is bad, another will be there to "prove" the opposite, you can't just link to a study and say "look this proves it!" Since as I mentioned earlier the whole thing is a fucking mess.
Until food scientists stop mincing facts with opinions and actually properly do studies that aren't cheery picked and are actually relevant (which is important as a lot of them aren't even relevant since like with the cherry picking they take niche areas where results will naturally be different from others and use them as their examples) we aren't going to get a useful study done.
Also grammar and spelling my friend, just pointing that out it could use an improvement if wanting to take the "intellectual highground" here. Also if you want to seem like you know what you are talking about simply linking stuff isn't enough, you need to state things yourself that goes to show you understand the subject and so you can actually debate with people. As frankly I see no point in debating anything if all I would get in return would be links and insults, not that I would want to debate this subject anyway since I take little interest in it and therefore lack the knowledge to debate it.

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-19 12:47:40

At 1/17/16 03:52 PM, SansNumbers wrote: Blue, because I want it to taste like I'm biting into an actual cow *dons sunglasses and rides off on tricycle*

You could save trouble for the cows and just go to the kitchen and bite your mom.
*puts on 3-D glasses and juggles away on a unicycle*

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-19 22:33:31

lmao one serving of processed meat sourced from a factory farm is even more harmful

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-19 23:05:27

At 1/17/16 01:58 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: I prefer well-done myself

Stopped reading there, this thread is already worthless

Enjoy your shoe leather.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-19 23:12:31

Some like raw and some like well done, but does anybody like normal medium?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-20 00:04:17

Red meat is bad for you

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-20 10:28:44

At 1/20/16 12:04 AM, forgivemysinz wrote: Red meat is bad for you

Are you a vegan? Do you eat cheese?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-20 12:28:57

At 1/20/16 10:28 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 1/20/16 12:04 AM, forgivemysinz wrote: Red meat is bad for you
Are you a vegan? Do you eat cheese?

No I just don't eat beef, chicken or seafood, , beef has a high fat content.

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-20 12:50:40

Gel-fried and sniped.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-20 13:52:38

Fed up with the "you shouldn't eat meat" people posting shit rather than actually contributing. Quorn and other vegetarian meats exist so therefore actually post in a productive way and say how you like such non-meat meat cooked. If you don't feel like properly contributing then don't post here.

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-20 15:18:51

First time I've seen that miserable guy go unignored.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtpf8N5IDE

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature