00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BrunoVugl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion

6,210 Views | 95 Replies

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-10 16:08:16

At 1/10/16 03:57 PM, SillyBeans wrote:
At 12/28/15 01:47 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/937e730fac6f463f96ff46e4f1079c26/force-awakens-becomes-fastest-movie-1-billion

Make sure you see it at least once, Disney really needs the money.
and so?? You can make an easy 1 billion just by winning the Powerball Lottery.

If you can pull off a miracle and win it that is.

Or rig the lotto.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-10 16:46:09

At 1/10/16 04:08 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 1/10/16 03:57 PM, SillyBeans wrote:
At 12/28/15 01:47 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/937e730fac6f463f96ff46e4f1079c26/force-awakens-becomes-fastest-movie-1-billion

Make sure you see it at least once, Disney really needs the money.
and so?? You can make an easy 1 billion just by winning the Powerball Lottery.
If you can pull off a miracle and win it that is.

Or rig the lotto.

Nah you don't need a miracle. The odds are only 1 in 292.2 million of winning.
Some dumb ass is bound to become the luckiest person in the history of the world and win this.
Eventually.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-11 16:20:49

At 12/29/15 12:24 AM, vannila-guerilla wrote: Well, that's a load of shit. The movie isn't even that good.
I hate how Hollywood has become nothing but cookie cutter blockbuster after cookie cutter blockbuster. I suppose you can blame the original Star Wars for that.

What exactly did you not like about it? How can millions of people be wrong?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-11 16:55:42

At 1/11/16 04:20 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
What exactly did you not like about it?

Everything. I did not like the everything. Star Wars is a shitty franchise that relies on hype and mass marketing. If any other sequel stole their plot verbatim from other sources or their prequels they would be shat on and given negative reviews and no one would like them. Somehow Star Wars in it's blatant theft of everything from the death of Yoda (Lost Horizon) to the pod races (Ben Hur). 0 things about Star Wars are unique or original.

How can millions of people be wrong?

I don't know. How can millions of people be wrong? How can millions of people be wrong? Hmm...It's not like millions of people have done the wrong thing in the past, like vote in murderous dictators or support coups that allowed for the wrong people to be in charge or anything.

'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-11 17:04:50

At 1/11/16 04:55 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote:
I don't know. How can millions of people be wrong? How can millions of people be wrong? Hmm...It's not like millions of people have done the wrong thing in the past, like vote in murderous dictators or support coups that allowed for the wrong people to be in charge or anything.

Yes that is how the Emperor rose to power. I didn't like the the post 9/11 parallels they did there. It wasn't great movie already but clumsy metaphors bug me. I didn't know Charlie Chaplin had a cameo as an imperial officer.

No one Godwins on my watch.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-13 09:04:34

At 1/10/16 04:46 PM, Viper wrote: Nah you don't need a miracle. The odds are only 1 in 292.2 million of winning.

That's more of a chance than there actual money being used! I guess it is more likely than we thought.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-13 18:19:20

At 12/29/15 12:53 AM, ChiefOfPolice wrote: I contributed $7 to this

Disney thanks you. You should see it again in 3D.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-13 18:23:55

At 1/13/16 12:05 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:
At 12/28/15 02:51 PM, iscrulz wrote:

Star wars creators make the cash from licensed products, And adjusted for inflation, rising ticket prices its going to be hard for Titanic to be dethroned.
Titanic was dethroned by avatar.

And frankly, I'm glad someone is taking it from Avatar. I hated that movie. It thought it was being so smart when it was just the Iraq war painted blue.
Assumption of cleverness bothers me. I am happy the laser sword show is taking distinction away from that pile of shit.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-13 19:58:05

At 1/13/16 06:23 PM, stafffighter wrote: And frankly, I'm glad someone is taking it from Avatar. I hated that movie. It thought it was being so smart when it was just the Iraq war painted blue.
Assumption of cleverness bothers me. I am happy the laser sword show is taking distinction away from that pile of shit.

This is literally exactly what I thought about it, too.

Sure, Avatar looked pretty for its time, but it also served as the prime example of a movie that went absolutely nowhere new or interesting because the only thing anyone put effort into was the eye candy.

District 9 should've been praised more than that, and even then it wasn't particularly mind blowing, either.

I'm just glad Star Wars knocked Avatar off its pedestal. A hell of a lot more deserving of the title if you ask me.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-13 20:22:45

Me and my dad saw this in 3D last night. Haven't seen 3D in a long time but they definitely did a great job with it!

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-14 00:18:06

At 12/29/15 04:40 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Its pretty crazy but I would see it again and again and again.

If you want to finally defeat Avatar, than people will have to see it at least twice if not more on the weekends. There is really nothing else coming out that can compare to The Force Awakens.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-14 00:22:32

Alright let's change the subject. Avery's in the muthafuckin house.
My favorite SW soundtrack is Battle of Heroes and Jedi Temple March.
What's yours?

BBS Signature

hand solos son doesnt look like him and i even predicted what would happen to him and by who without even watching it and it was like watching a gay disney XD sitcom and a rip off of the first old movie

and Its racist that they made the Afircan American dumb

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-14 13:04:50

At 12/29/15 02:37 PM, Centaurora wrote: It was actually a sarcastic 'ha' because I thought you were being serious.

No problem. Disney does need the money so they can beat Avatar as the number one earning film.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-14 18:22:39

At 1/14/16 11:46 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 1/14/16 12:22 AM, Avery wrote: Alright let's change the subject. Avery's in the muthafuckin house.
My favorite SW soundtrack is Battle of Heroes and Jedi Temple March.
What's yours?
This isn't a general Star Wars discussion thread.

It is now.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-15 12:59:24

At 12/29/15 06:28 PM, creepyboy wrote: No. The Lucasfilm logo appeared and it jumped right to the "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" tagline. I really missed the Lucasfilm logo with the Fox fanfare.

Having the plot in the beginning leaves room for more action and adventure during the film. I am surprised other movies have not stolen that idea.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-16 18:16:48

At 12/30/15 10:05 AM, Sonic wrote: 1 billion down, only 3 more to go for them to get their money's worth from buying this shitty franchise.

If Disney did not buy it, Then we would never of had more films. Lucas refused to make more films. Disney saved StarWars.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-16 19:47:10

At 1/16/16 06:25 PM, zornuzkull wrote:

Disney saved StarWars in order to milk the shit out of it...
Check out the number of Marvel movies currently in production to see what the future of StarWars is...

The care and time taken to world build the Marvel movies has allowed for respect to subject matter comic book movies never would have had otherwise. Take the first Avengers movie. It was absolutely a popcorn flick. But it was a well written, directed, acted and shot popcorn movie that people of all ages enjoyed un-ironically. I can't speak for art but that sounds revolutionary to me. That that kind of effort was deemed worthy in a popcorn comic book movie.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-17 08:47:05

For the record, the highest grossing movie of all time with inflation adjusted was "Gone With The Wind". It's pretty amazing how that would also be one of the longest blockbusters ever made. You know a movie is good when it keeps your interest up for that long in the theater!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-17 11:10:05

And after a month it's currently at $1.845 billion.
That's crazy. Who knows. Maybe it'll at least knock Titanic off the #2 spot but not Avatar from #1.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-18 11:13:25

At 1/1/16 09:04 AM, TOXlCITY wrote:
At 12/28/15 02:01 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: It is on track to beat Avatar. Star Wars 7 is a superior film.
especially considering avatar is absolutely nothing without its visuals.
also, i too have seen it twice

...was better the second time

I have seen The Force Awaken three times so far, I may see it again. I am trying to help it beat Avatar. Up with Star Wars, down with Avatar.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-18 11:42:04

At 1/17/16 11:10 AM, Viper wrote: And after a month it's currently at $1.845 billion.
That's crazy. Who knows. Maybe it'll at least knock Titanic off the #2 spot but not Avatar from #1.

It will knock off Avatar, the margin isn't even that huge.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-18 12:39:10

At 1/18/16 11:42 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 1/17/16 11:10 AM, Viper wrote: And after a month it's currently at $1.845 billion.

Avatar is at like $2.7 billion. It's going to need to earn nearly a billion dollars til it matches it. Titanic is at $2 billion as far as I'm aware.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-18 15:00:52

At 1/18/16 12:39 PM, Viper wrote:
Avatar is at like $2.7 billion. It's going to need to earn nearly a billion dollars til it matches it. Titanic is at $2 billion as far as I'm aware.

Avatar also hung around for nearly ten months, giving it more than enough time to accumulate both domestic and international gross.

Star Wars have been out for two months, give it time and it'll get there.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-18 19:39:39

At 1/1/16 08:22 PM, Pink-Ninja wrote: It's no surprise at all, even if the film was absolute balls it would have still made insane amounts of money. Making a billion in the time it did was inevitable.

There have been many big films that ended up bombing. Just ask Johnny Depp.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-18 19:44:19

At 1/18/16 03:00 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 1/18/16 12:39 PM, Viper wrote:
Avatar also hung around for nearly ten months, giving it more than enough time to accumulate both domestic and international gross.

Star Wars have been out for two months, give it time and it'll get there.

It came out exactly one month ago today.
It WAS shown before the official release but even then it's only been one month and the amount it's been getting has been going down more and more with each passing week.
I want it to pass that crap movie Avatar as much as the next person (I honestly thought Avatar was really bad) but I don't see it happening.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-18 21:04:50

At 1/18/16 07:44 PM, Viper wrote:

It came out exactly one month ago today.
It WAS shown before the official release but even then it's only been one month and the amount it's been getting has been going down more and more with each passing week.
I want it to pass that crap movie Avatar as much as the next person (I honestly thought Avatar was really bad) but I don't see it happening.

Which makes it better since Episode 7 made that much in a month. Avatar had been given more time to accumulate the gross it had and was in the theaters for nine freaking months, give Star Wars that much time it'll have a chance to get there.

Even if it didn't keep in mind, Episode 4 still wins in the adjusted inflation department...just behind the one where Clark Gable blurt out his signature line anyway.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-19 13:44:07

At 1/2/16 05:43 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 1/2/16 05:03 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/28/15 02:45 PM, Tremulos wrote:
Part 7 was a great film, but some things were bad. Like, two characters being able to use a light saber untrained.
Actually that didn't bother me. Finn had stormtroopers training. Remember the guy he fought who had the anti lightsaber sword? He could have been trained with those. And Rei fought with the staff thingy. So while the particulars of lightsaber battle might not be there she was an experienced fighter.

Lightsabers are suppose to be very light, much might than staffs. Luke spends a long time in episode 4 learning to use his lightsaber. That is more believable, than two different characters literally picking it up and being expects.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-21 12:41:42

BBS Signature

At 1/21/16 12:41 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-china-squanders-hopes-of-breaking-worldwide-box-office-record-a6820851.html

Bad News for the world.

Star Wars was handicapped since China was in a mode in which North Korea is right now. As a result, they never got exposed to the original trilogy until recently.

In the end what Star Wars did is still more impressive that what Avatar and Titanic will ever do however as the franchise help paved the way that made things easier for these movies.

Hell, no Star Wars means no Avatar a.k.a. Pocahontas in a form of a CGI PSA about nature power. I'm for nature as much as the next guy but this is fucking stupid.

I agree with TvTropes people on this one, the colonel may be a monster but he's also fucking bad ass!

What Episode 4 did was more impressive for its time.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature