00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion

6,202 Views | 95 Replies

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-02 17:43:38

At 1/2/16 05:03 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/28/15 02:45 PM, Tremulos wrote:
Part 7 was a great film, but some things were bad. Like, two characters being able to use a light saber untrained.

Actually that didn't bother me. Finn had stormtroopers training. Remember the guy he fought who had the anti lightsaber sword? He could have been trained with those. And Rei fought with the staff thingy. So while the particulars of lightsaber battle might not be there she was an experienced fighter.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-02 17:46:44

The film did have racist elements in it but people barely noticed it.

BBS Signature

edit: Also, did anybody else notice the little long haired dude from the Raid movies?

SPOILERS

At 1/2/16 05:43 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 12/28/15 02:45 PM, Tremulos wrote:
Part 7 was a great film, but some things were bad. Like, two characters being able to use a light saber untrained.
Actually that didn't bother me. Finn had stormtroopers training. Remember the guy he fought who had the anti lightsaber sword? He could have been trained with those. And Rei fought with the staff thingy. So while the particulars of lightsaber battle might not be there she was an experienced fighter.

With Finn, I was alright with it because he kinda sucked with the lightsaber anyway, plus the fact that he was a soldier who may have had some training with something like that (like you said, that one storm trooper). Rey, though, was suddenly badass with it and nicking Kylo Ren and shit. Though he was already wounded, she was still awfully good with that thing out of nowhere. I get that she was tough and all, raising herself in a desert from childhood, but at what point did she pick up fencing?Fencing is not staff fighting (lol). She beat a guy who was trained by Luke since childhood and was apparently able to massacre all his peers (I'm guessing?). That's like me baking a better cake than a Michelin Star professional baker because I'm good at fry cooking despite never touching an oven in my life.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-02 21:13:29

At 1/2/16 05:46 PM, Avery wrote: The film did have racist elements in it but people barely noticed it.

I honestly don't get this at all, how exactly is there racist elements in the movie? If nothing else, both the resistance and First Order are pretty diverse in terms of gender and race, (though in the latter case, Stormtroopers have helmets and armor all over them, so you can't tell who's who.) so where's the racism exactly?

That aside, I was expecting to see the Disney logo in the opening, but just as I thought, I didn't see it at all. Disney has usually been pretty hands-off with their acquired properties (ABC/ESPN, Marvel, Lucasfilm and others) that they don't create aside from distribution and the occasional crossover material. On that part, I can respect Disney for not hogging the acquired properties spotlight aside from an occasional plug, as for the other things, well, it's complicated and I'll leave it at that for now.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-03 13:19:48

At 1/2/16 05:46 PM, Avery wrote: The film did have racist elements in it but people barely noticed it.

Is it that the white guy named the black guy? It's not like already had a name that had to be whipped out of him.
Does it help at all that I can't for the life of me remember the white guys name? Or is that even more racist? They made the white male of the new trio the least interesting!

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-03 14:39:07

Having now seen it, I'm now annoyed at this. I paid money to see a movie that I already had on DVD. Why did people tell me that this movie was good? I would've been good if it wasn't for a new hope spoiling the plot.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-03 14:58:32

I'm probably hopping on the meme train here, but I loved this storm trooper.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-03 17:19:10

At 1/3/16 03:00 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 1/3/16 02:58 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I'm probably hopping on the meme train here, but I loved this storm trooper.
Me too.
One of the best scenes of the movie, imo.

I'd have to agree there.

Personally one of my favorite moments was when Han handed Rae the gun and she said "I can take care of myself" to which he said "I know. That's why I'm giving it to you."
First off, I like it when tropes are stepped on. What would have been a generic girl power moment was elevated by the fact that he was indeed acting to show faith in her and she was wrong to assume otherwise. What makes it even better is that it suits the character. Han Solo knows a thing or two about respecting strong willed women at this point in his life.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-03 19:20:04

At 1/3/16 02:58 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I'm probably hopping on the meme train here, but I loved this storm trooper.

Too bad he had too die, he was way too cool to live.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

At 12/28/15 02:01 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/28/15 09:48 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Holy shit! That's amazing!
It is on track to beat Avatar. Star Wars 7 is a superior film.

As bad as "The Force Awakens" is, I have to agree with this statement. I hope it destroys Avatar.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-05 14:07:00

At 12/28/15 02:51 PM, iscrulz wrote: Star wars creators make the cash from licensed products, And adjusted for inflation, rising ticket prices its going to be hard for Titanic to be dethroned.

Stars makes plenty of money from licensed products. They have there name on so many products. It would be nice if they can earn more than Titanic and Avatar.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-05 14:16:02

Lightsabers are as simple as Katanas really.
All you need to do is swing them.

Just pay attention to Kylo Ren next time you watch episode 7.

not saying they aint lethal, as a matter of fact i think im pointing out how lethal they can be if you can just swing them around

All in all, what if these new storm troopers are trained in melee combat like stafffighter implied?
That's the most plausible route of explanation.
Rey does do a lot of thrusting when she has the lightsaber too, which is reminiscent of spear combat.

Also, I'm fucking pissed all we got were just two lightsaber duels.
Episode 1-3 was full of duels.
What the fuck?

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-05 14:57:24

At 1/5/16 02:16 PM, MuramasasEdge wrote: Also, I'm fucking pissed all we got were just two lightsaber duels.
Episode 1-3 was full of duels.
What the fuck?

Episodes 1-3 were full of Jedi. The original trilogy pretty much had 3 duels, 1 duel for each movie, taking place during a time when there were only like 4 people left in the universe who were lightsaber users, unlike the prequels. There's about as many in tFA if you count Finn and/or if Snoke turns out to be (instead of being more of a Darth Sidious type), but if no to both, there are less.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Han Solo didn't shoot as many people either.

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-05 19:16:00

At 1/5/16 03:04 PM, MuramasasEdge wrote: Han Solo didn't shoot as many people either.

Unfortunately for him, he was "shot" first this time.

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-06 07:20:48

How did all those NEETs get the money for this?

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-06 20:53:10

Rey was skilled with the staff, a lightsaber is not that different of a weapon.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-06 21:47:09

Why is this thread still going?
Let's talk about boobs or something.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-07 01:32:41

At 1/3/16 02:25 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 1/3/16 01:53 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 1/3/16 01:28 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 1/3/16 12:15 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 1/2/16 05:46 PM, Avery wrote:
the best actress in the film (lupita nyong'o) had to voice shitty maz kanata

relegated to a watto like stereotyped magical negro instead of a greedy jew stereotype
Her concept art was even more racist.
Look at this fucking shit.
lmao

no wonder old george said he sold his film to white slavers

he would have never stood for this shit

She herself actually made the decision for her character to be full CGI, she wanted to try playing a digital character since her (probably best known) role in 12 Years a Slave was so centered around her body and how horribly she and her physical form were treated :/
Source: https://bitchmedia.org/article/lupita-nyongo-explains-why-she-was-excited-all-cgi-star-wars-role

Her performance in Episode VII was still freakin' amazing though, Hell are you people on about

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-07 23:26:49

At 12/28/15 02:57 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: Fucking wew.
They made alot of money off of nerds and people who think it's cute to act like nerds.

Without nerds, all of the Star Wars films would of been bombs.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-07 23:35:35

What's so racist about a black woman playing a wise, immortal bartender? The crew of the enterprise had nothing but respect for Guinan.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-08 01:11:22

At 1/7/16 11:38 PM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 1/7/16 11:35 PM, stafffighter wrote: What's so racist about a black woman playing a wise, immortal bartender? The crew of the enterprise had nothing but respect for Guinan.
why use a black woman at all

why use people at all

where the fuck were all the aliens

Guinan was an alien.

It turns out that 99.9% of aliens look almost exactly like humans. Star Trek is a good show with a long history of lazy makeup artists.

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-08 10:16:05

I heard that it beat Avatar's record. I just wanted to say right now, that I really do think it deserves it more, because while I do love "Avatar", it definitely had some major flaws.

I'm finally going to see this film today with my folks! Thank you, Internet, for not posting spoilers everywhere! Let's hope there's no cosplayers yelling out spoilers outside the theater like some people did at the release at the last "Harry Potter" book. Seriously, that happened!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-08 10:21:50

At 1/8/16 10:16 AM, Ericho wrote:

I'm finally going to see this film today with my folks! Thank you, Internet, for not posting spoilers everywhere! Let's hope there's no cosplayers yelling out spoilers outside the theater like some people did at the release at the last "Harry Potter" book. Seriously, that happened!

How Lonestar was killed by his own son at the climax of "The Schwartz Aweakens"?

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-09 01:50:48

At 12/28/15 02:58 PM, Amaranthus wrote: Just because something makes more money than another, doesn't mean it's better.
I don't give a shit about Avatar though, to be honest.

Money does equal success when it comes to films. Avatar is more successful because of how much money it earned.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-09 15:01:23

Got to see it back in December. It wasn't too bad. A hell of a lot better than the prequels. That's for sure. Maybe not "Better than Return of the Jedi" good. But it wasn't bad.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-10 09:01:31

Well, I finally saw that movie yesterday that everybody has been talking about and I just wanted to say that I loved it. Most of my family (whom I saw it with) loved it as well. I think it wasn't as good as the original trilogy, but still better than the prequels. I squeed every time there was a new character from the original series there. Yep, C-3PO and R2D2 are the only characters to appear in every movie now! Let's just hope the spinoff movies coming out are better than the other crappy spinoff movies we've had before. I really appreciate the great effects and background and the fact that it had new characters, but still being faithful to the original movies.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to 'Force Awakens' fastest 1 billion 2016-01-10 15:57:38

At 12/28/15 01:47 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/937e730fac6f463f96ff46e4f1079c26/force-awakens-becomes-fastest-movie-1-billion

Make sure you see it at least once, Disney really needs the money.

and so?? You can make an easy 1 billion just by winning the Powerball Lottery.

Hello I'm draw art and art acessories

BBS Signature