00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ToneFFX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Would appreciate feedback.

422 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At this point I have about 500 views but only 1 comment. I would love to get some feedback to keep making this game better. I think one of the challenges is that the game is made with unity so it doesn't load in chrome and loading it firefox requires a plugin.

Beyond the technical problems, I'd love to know what we could improve about the game.

Just Duck It

I'd love feedback on my endless runner - Just Duck It.

Response to Would appreciate feedback. 2015-12-07 03:55:24

At 12/6/15 10:52 PM, Cordyceps wrote: The controls aren't intuitive. Use a different camera angle or change the control layout.

This kind of thing should probably be put in the game development forum.

Hi Cordyceps,

Thanks for the input. I had a follow up question. Other games in the genre have a similar camera angle and controls. Why do you think that those games aren't confusing? For example crossy roads.

How would I change what forum it goes under?

Response to Would appreciate feedback. 2015-12-07 03:57:06

At 12/6/15 11:15 PM, Bryan wrote:
At 12/6/15 02:48 PM, Grenadetree wrote: At this point I have about 500 views but only 1 comment. I would love to get some feedback to keep making this game better. I think one of the challenges is that the game is made with unity so it doesn't load in chrome and loading it firefox requires a plugin.

Beyond the technical problems, I'd love to know what we could improve about the game.

Just Duck It
The Unity thing is certainly a problem. Making games in Unity just isn't preferable right now.

Yeah that's a tough one. The best thing I could do is move it over to webgl so it works without plugins, but you still have to jump through hoops and the performance is about 1/6 of the unity plugin.

Response to Would appreciate feedback. 2015-12-07 04:09:28

At 12/7/15 03:57 AM, Grenadetree wrote: Yeah that's a tough one. The best thing I could do is move it over to webgl so it works without plugins, but you still have to jump through hoops and the performance is about 1/6 of the unity plugin.

The improve in reach is worth it. It's like have the game play at lower performance for most of your audience, or limit it to those who run firefox AND have the unity plugin. It's a no brainer in my view.

Response to Would appreciate feedback. 2015-12-07 06:13:32

At 12/7/15 04:50 AM, Cordyceps wrote:
On the bottom picture, on which I altered the perspective, it's immediately obvious which way is which, which is a whole lot better for a casual game.

Thank you very much for that input. That image made it very clear. We will take it to heart and try to make the game better.