00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kellyxeni2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Rating System !!!???

5,970 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Newgrounds Rating System !!!??? 2015-11-10 02:17:07

RATINGs vs REVIEWs :

Why does Newgrounds have two different rating systems ?

Don't get me wrong. Recently i had a game published on Newgrounds. While the game was under judgement i got about 13 reviews. But when i looked at their stats, i found a strange trend. Most of them had given REVIEW about 10 to even 60 submissions so far, but not RATED one !

[ i.e When someone rates a submission they get save/ blam points[ if the work is under judgement ], otherwise they will get Exp. points if they managed 5 ratings within a day ]

Also, the more RATINGs you give the more voting power you have. Right ? So, basically, REVIEWs doesn't have any values, other than a means of conveying their views about the work. The final Rating of a game / movie or any kind of work is based on how it is RATED, Not how many 5 star REVIEWs it got.

THE POINT IS : if it doesn't have any value it should be taken off !!! or Every reviewer must be given awareness to RATE the submission also.

BIG CHANGE IS NECESSARY !!!

Response to Newgrounds Rating System !!!??? 2015-11-10 08:15:25

At 11/10/15 02:17 AM, MahiScarGames wrote: Why does Newgrounds have two different rating systems ?

If i'm not mistaken there's been talk about merging the two, not sure if it'll actually happen.

Also, the more RATINGs you give the more voting power you have. Right ? So, basically, REVIEWs doesn't have any values, other than a means of conveying their views about the work.

I don't think reviews have as much power as rating but you're also underestimating statwhores, there are users here who will do anything to get as many reviews as they can.
Personally i always rate a submission i watch, no matter if i review it or not, i hope most other users do the same.

I'm pretty sure the good people down in the Review Request Club do the same as i do so try asking them for a review?

The final Rating of a game / movie or any kind of work is based on how it is RATED, Not how many 5 star REVIEWs it got.

Oh i just remembered, i think the submission with higher reviews at the end of the week/month gets an award so it's not 100% useless.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

At 11/10/15 08:15 AM, Radaketor wrote: If i'm not mistaken there's been talk about merging the two, not sure if it'll actually happen.

They have to come up with something. Merging is not the only choice. They have to balance it.

I don't think reviews have as much power as rating but you're also underestimating statwhores, there are users here who will do anything to get as many reviews as they can.

Personally i always rate a submission i watch, no matter if i review it or not, i hope most other users do the same.
I'm not concerned about stat whores. They are created because the system allows them to. ( REVIEWs gets REWARDs ) CHANGE IT !!!

I'm pretty sure the good people down in the Review Request Club do the same as i do so try asking them for a review?

Thank you for your suggestion. I will definitely look into it.

Even worst, you'll accidentally click a 1 or a 0 when it pops-up every time you want to visit a user's profile.
Whenever you rate someone's post, you can't undo this.

Response to Newgrounds Rating System !!!??? 2016-09-24 06:39:01

At 9/23/16 05:27 PM, 20AshuraTH wrote: Even worst, you'll accidentally click a 1 or a 0 when it pops-up every time you want to visit a user's profile.

Patience is a virtue.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Rating System !!!??? 2017-08-12 03:21:06

At 9/23/16 05:27 PM, 20AshuraTH wrote: Even worst, you'll accidentally click a 1 or a 0 when it pops-up every time you want to visit a user's profile.

THIS HAPPENED TO ME! I CANNOT CHANGED IT AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FUCHK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Newgrounds Rating System !!!??? 2019-03-20 02:21:05

Is there by any chance a way to undo a rating? I accidentally rated something really suggestive (I'm on mobile and my thumb slipped) and I don't want that to be how people see me here, it's only my second day

At 3/20/19 02:21 AM, PunkRockRoboid wrote: Is there by any chance a way to undo a rating? I accidentally rated something really suggestive (I'm on mobile and my thumb slipped) and I don't want that to be how people see me here, it's only my second day

So the biggest thing is that people can't see what you rate unless you leave a review. You can redo a rating by just clicking on another number.

But please kind in mind that if you have future questions, don't be afraid to create a thread rather than reviving one from years ago.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Rating System !!!??? 2019-03-20 08:43:01

At 3/20/19 04:21 AM, Oddlem wrote:
At 3/20/19 02:21 AM, PunkRockRoboid wrote: Is there by any chance a way to undo a rating? I accidentally rated something really suggestive (I'm on mobile and my thumb slipped) and I don't want that to be how people see me here, it's only my second day
So the biggest thing is that people can't see what you rate unless you leave a review. You can redo a rating by just clicking on another number.

But please kind in mind that if you have future questions, don't be afraid to create a thread rather than reviving one from years ago.

Ah alright, that info helps a lot. Thanks for relieving my worry about that.

And yeah, I didn't check the timestamp on the original post... Sorry 'bout that, bröther

Response to Newgrounds Rating System !!!??? 2019-03-20 14:36:43

At 3/20/19 08:43 AM, PunkRockRoboid wrote: And yeah, I didn't check the timestamp on the original post... Sorry 'bout that, bröther

Aye no worries man, it happens

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

At 3/20/19 08:43 AM, PunkRockRoboid wrote: Sorry 'bout that, bröther

Since the post is up top anyways: if you aren't reviewing but just voting then other users can't see your votes. You're free to drop votes on all the lewdness you want, judgement free. You can see your own vote history though.

Slaps account: it fits many vötes.

sorry Oddlem, I see you already covered most of what I added here.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature