00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RobotHeadProductions just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

EvE Online, anyone?

757 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

EvE Online, anyone? 2015-11-03 19:28:48

I don't get it. EvE Online has been around for 12 years now, and there's hardly any mention of it on these forums at all. I'm currently wondering why.

The main reason I don't get this is that it's just so... Newgrounds-ish in its core principles. Trolling, griefing, scamming and just plain robbing people of their hard-earned game items and money is not only allowed but actively encouraged and rewarded by the game's mechanics. You can literally lie, cheat and steal your way to the top and be admired (as a complete dick, but still admired) for it.

I can understand why people take one look at it and think: "NOPE!" (namely the bewildering array of buttons, menus, sub-screens and god-knows-what-else I haven't even found yet), but... there must be at least a few people around here who've given it a go, so where are you all? Is there an EvE community buried in here somewhere that I missed?

Response to EvE Online, anyone? 2015-11-06 11:35:22

At 11/4/15 10:00 AM, kanef wrote: BEEP BOOP
I AM AN EVE ONLINE PLAYER

hinthhhint

Oh, I don't doubt that there are bots and permanent AFK'ers in there, but doesn't that just make it easier to steal stuff off them? If they can't / won't react to being blown up and robbed, it just means you can be long gone before anyone notices their scripts aren't working anymore. Either way: Easy money.

Response to EvE Online, anyone? 2015-11-09 20:13:54

Back in the day i loved Elite and Frontier : Elite 2, so i figured this pretty much sounds like it on paper so let's fire her up.

Then there came this point in the tutorial where i was told to get my ship to a location other then the one it was currently at. After scrolling backwards and forwards in the tutorial text a number of times it simply continued it's monologue but what eluded me wholesale was how exactly i was supposed to achieve this as it neglected to mention this anywhere.

I consulted the google and the google had no idea what i was on about despite phrasing and rephrasing my question a number of ways so i tried the ingame chat where people reffered to me as Kevin and both amusingly and unamusingly told me to fuck off.

So after a grand total of just under 45 minutes i shrugged and uninstalled, only to be harrased at length by the world's most pedantic survey evar demanding an depth explanation what was wrong with me removing the greatest game in the history of the universe from my hard drive.

BBS Signature

Response to EvE Online, anyone? 2017-03-03 01:24:20

Way late to this convo, but I never got how people were so confused about what to do in Eve.

Treat it like a regular piece of software, not your typical video game. Right click for a context menu and you'll see a list of things you can do in space, that includes the magic words "Warp to"

You could have looked up a beginner's tutorial instead of being a lazy fuck, too. Some of the dumbest spergy fuckwads in gaming are successful Eve players.

EvE Online, anyone?

Response to EvE Online, anyone? 2017-03-05 05:39:53

I play its pretty fun once you join a corp (guild/group) there's a mild learning curve but with the new tutorial and a week of research and joing a group you can get going pretty quickly.