00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Honey1200 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Indie games in the future?

991 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Indie games in the future? 2015-10-06 13:46:22

I was thinking. A lot of the indie games on the net, despite having a majority audience of young kids, are classic style games. Indie devs tend to make more retro games like the ones they played as kids. Do you think in the future indie devs will be making games like Call of Duty or Mine craft in reference to their childhood games?

Response to Indie games in the future? 2015-10-07 21:20:16

They'd probably make a homage to psx graphics.

Response to Indie games in the future? 2015-10-09 17:14:52

At 10/9/15 04:16 PM, CaplJuice wrote: I doubt it.

A lot of indie games just use pixel graphics because they're easy to make, only a few devs can truly say it's something from their childhood.

So how complicated is the programming in indie games exactly ?

Response to Indie games in the future? 2015-10-11 17:52:07

At 10/9/15 04:16 PM, CaplJuice wrote: A lot of indie games just use pixel graphics because they're easy to make, only a few devs can truly say it's something from their childhood.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. There are some games I would be interested in making that would only work in a 3D environment, but I would prefer most of my games not look any more complicated than they have to, partially because lightweight games are painless to download and run and partially because they are that much easier. Titles like Corpse Party do just fine without being at all inhibited by their roots on a primitive platform.

I do love me some PSX graphics though.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Indie games in the future? 2015-10-14 19:41:57

Probably something along the lines of Starfox, Virtua Racing/Figher and Super Mario 64.

Because after vectors (early arcade) and pixels comes polygons.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Indie games in the future? 2015-10-15 05:36:29

I wanna play an indie made in the same style as the PS1 Crash games.