00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GhostiePlus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Am I being stupid?

433 Views | 3 Replies

Am I being stupid? 2015-10-06 04:38:55

So I was reading up on how to get a silver/gold whistle and I think I have encountered a problem. On the last paragraph where it says, "Users who are logged in will see the following text below each review: "0/0 people found this review helpful." I don't see this under any review. What the hell? How am I suppose to get a silver/gold whistle?

I don't see it.

Response to Am I being stupid? 2015-10-06 07:27:42

You increase your whistle status by flagging offensive reviews. You used to be able to flag submissions as well for either being offensive or stolen.

Essentially, if someone writes a review that only says "fuck you", "this sucks" or "go kill yourself" you click that ! button on a review and it will flagged. If enough people flag it or if you have a high enough whistle status the review will be deleted. The more you do this and there more accurately you do it the more whistle points you'll get.

However it is a very tedious thing to do and will most likely take awhile. I only have a bronze whistle because a guy used to pm me reviews that were offensive.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Am I being stupid? 2015-10-06 08:38:45

Read through a lot of reviews in movies and games, but it'll more than likely take a while. I tried to go through that but gave up on trying to elevate whistle status. Way easier to just get XP.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Am I being stupid? 2015-10-07 05:37:46

As everyone mentioned you just need to flag useless/offensive reviews but the process is rather slow. I recall there being a abusive review club which could help you level up your whistle.

420 blaze it