00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Frogsands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Creepiest bosses in Videogames?

5,266 Views | 48 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I think my choice would either be Majora's Mask itself or Ultimecia...

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-05 07:20:06

The semi-boss battle with shadow Link in OoT has a very creepy tone to it. While not exactly pants shitting scary it does good job to at least unsettle you, and that feeling doesn't neccesarily go away after you've beaten S-Link.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-05 16:11:42

Giratina from Pokemon Platinum. Seriously, the moment you see it, its already unsettling. Few seconds later, it jumps at the screen (fuckin jumpscares). Going through the distortion word is also unsettling, with the eerie music and Giratina flying around in the background screeching. All this in a Pokemon game, wtf.

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-05 16:38:21

Giygas from earthbound is pretty creepy and unsettling .

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-05 17:56:47

SCARY

BBS Signature

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-06 02:01:37

Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear Solid creeped the hell out of me the first time I played the game back in the 90s. There was also Nemesis from RE3.

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-06 03:49:44

At 10/6/15 02:01 AM, DJ-Ri wrote: Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear Solid creeped the hell out of me the first time I played the game back in the 90s. There was also Nemesis from RE3.

Nemesis is cool, not scary..

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-06 04:12:18

At 10/6/15 03:49 AM, wolfe wrote: Nemesis is cool, not scary..

Shit's scary when you're 10 bro.

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-06 04:22:05

At 10/6/15 04:12 AM, DJ-Ri wrote:
At 10/6/15 03:49 AM, wolfe wrote: Nemesis is cool, not scary..
Shit's scary when you're 10 bro.

Fair enough.

I second Giygas. The music, the images, the story. Creepy as fuck.

WANNA YOU WANNA WEENIE ME!?

At 10/6/15 02:01 AM, DJ-Ri wrote: Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear Solid creeped the hell out of me the first time I played the game back in the 90s. There was also Nemesis from RE3.

At least that black Hideo screen was funny as hell!

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-06 21:51:47

Hey! You want to have a boss that gives you nightmares? How about Nightmare? As you damage it, the face melts!

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-07 00:11:28

This enemy of man right here makes me really uncomfortable.
Runner up is the similar looking nippletower from God of War known as Clotho.

I'd say the superbosses from Terraria are even worse than Clotho and Broodmother because of how bright and cheery the game usually is. But I'm not one to be frightened by 2D games. And I think the scarier part is the difficulty of the bosses, not how they look.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-07 02:35:50

The Condemned Gorecyclops from Dragon's Dogma's DLC: Dark Arisen

Meeting this thing for the first time is pretty creepy. You walk into a cylinder room with blood everywhere, and this huge Gorecyclops chained to a wall. When you hit the monster, it struggles a bit, then calms down. Piss it off enough and it will break free of the chains, grab its massive spiked club, and go on a rampage. There is no murder at this point, only a slaughter. And the music surely doesn't help ease your imminent doom at the hands of this monstrosity.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-07 04:03:00

At 10/7/15 12:28 AM, Homicidee wrote: Not scary, but creepy as hell!

Dude, just what in Lylat is Andross anyway?

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-07 20:10:29

No entries from the SHMUP genre? What, did you guys just never play any shoot-em-up games?

I agree there's some good entires already posted but come on, there are plenty of SHMUPS that are just entirely freaky from start to finish. There's plenty of brains, guts, severed body parts, disgusting mutations, complete weirdness, etc as bosses.

It has to be the one video game genre with the weirdest bosses, for sure.

Pretty much any of the bosses in Abadox beat most of the stuff already posted here, with other stuff being more-or-less on par with it. And that's not even the weirdest SHMUP out there.

What @Chdonga and @Vinnyy posted totally look like they could be bosses in a SHMUP game.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-09 19:19:53

At 10/9/15 12:28 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: splatter school is a hentai platformer with some very eerie bosses. the first boss in particular is an aborted demonic fetus that possesses the nude corpses of the women it's killed and uses their intestines as weapons to whip and tentacle rape you.

it also vomits green ooze that's apparently either toxic or corrosive or something.

doesnt help much that the controls in that game are ass. or, depending on whether you're deliberately trying to get a game over to see some perverted scenes, quite helpful.

Based on your description, that game sounds awesome! Creative? Check. Never been done before? Check. Completely twisted? Check.

it's not quite as ass as prince of persia's controls, which often had me doing backflips at random into chasms full of spikes.. but it's still ass.

If you think Prince of Persia is bad you should try playing either of the NES games Conan or Dragon's Lair. You will then go back to Prince of Persia and you will think it amazing in comparison.

While there's worse games, both of those are incredibly terrible in the game controls department.

Although some of the worst NES games are various Dungeons & Dragons games. Completely unintuitive controls and no idea what in the hell you're even supposed to be doing? Check and double check! There's like all of one Dungeons & Dragons game (out of large amount of them released for the NES) that's even worth playing and it's a SHMUP. And it's not a great SHMUP but I mean it's kind of hard to mess up SHMUPs.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-11 15:15:24

The Sorrow from Metal Gear Soli 3: Snake Eater.
He appears out of nowhere when you're in a vulnerable state with no uniform and an old revolver (that you may not have any bullets for) and a fork. His life and stamina bars are empty, so even if you had any decent equipment it wouldn't do any good anyway.

The Sorrow will show you everyone you killed this far. It's not nearly as much creepy if you were doing a pacifist run, but if you didn't the battle will go on for quite a while and you will feel more and more uneasy as it drags on. Enemies will comment how you burned them alive or sliced their throat open. You can't kill them again and you lose some life when they touch you. The boss will shoot some... thing... that flash uncanny images of him when he was alive, with a scream. Kind of a jumpscare but a well-done one.

To progress in this fight you have to walk through a river. When you reach the end there's his corpse and you die instantly. You know there must be a trick to it but if it's your first time and you never heard about it you don't know what to do. Wait, you could call your people on the radio for help. Actually no, they think you are dead and are screaming your name in tears.

So you just save and turn off your console and go to sleep (or check the trick on internet). You have to live with the idea of Snake dying in your mind all the time until you beat him.

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-11 17:46:23

At 10/5/15 05:56 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: SCARY

Holy shit, I didn't realize anyone remembered that game.

Memory of Helen Grady (Silent Hill Origins)
Vortex Queen (Ecco the Dolphin)
Piggsy (Manhunt)
Butcher (Diablo)

I want to give an extra special shoutout to the Vortex Queen from Ecco the Dolphin. Dolphins are on average 13 feet long, and the Vortex Queen's teeth are as large as you are. A megalodon's tooth is slightly longer than 7 inches. If the proportions are taken to be similar, the Vortex Queen is 22 times the size of a megalodon, making it almost a quarter of a mile long. That's a quarter mile of pure ugly.

AH, FRESH MEAT

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-10-11 22:37:38

No mention of the Big Sisters from Bioshock 2? It's not really the battle itself, but the start of it. Here's what I mean:
You've taken care of all the Little Sisters in the area, then all of a sudden you start to hear this loud screaming that sounds like it's coming from right behind you, and when it's happening the screen shakes and blurs a little bit. You don't know where the hell they're going to come from, and depending on where you are in the area, they could appear right in front of you as soon as you turn in any direction.

Not an actual boss itself, but in the original Bioshock, when you first get the shotgun within the first hour of the game the lights go out, the doorways to get out of the area get gated up, and you have to deal with a few waves of enemies that you can't even see unless they get up close to you. Of course, since you just got the shotgun...

And of course Bioshock: Infinite had that damn asylum near the end of the game, as well as the ghost of Lady Comstock.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Omega Flowey from Undertale. Hands Down. I mean Just Look At Him!

This motherfucker is pretty sexy...not.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-11-10 15:26:49

Inferno from SC2, Abyss from SCIII as well as MVC2 (two different bosses but the same name). That's all I can think of.

Maybe Heihachi from the Tekken Series (old fucking bastard).

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-11-10 15:36:52

At 11/10/15 06:03 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: This motherfucker is pretty sexy...not.

only to delusional women/men that like to be "muraped"

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-11-10 16:28:43

At 11/10/15 03:36 PM, supra187 wrote:
At 11/10/15 06:03 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: This motherfucker is pretty sexy...not.

Wtf does 'muraped' mean?

BBS Signature

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-11-10 21:17:47

At 11/10/15 04:28 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
Wtf does 'muraped' mean?

I made up the word on the spot. It's supposed to be murdered and raped, or raped and murdered.

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-11-10 22:49:09

At 11/10/15 06:03 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
Wtf does 'muraped' mean?
I made up the word on the spot. It's supposed to be murdered and raped, or raped and murdered.

A+ for originality. That's all I can say.

BBS Signature

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-11-11 13:07:58

At 11/10/15 10:49 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
A+ for originality. That's all I can say.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-11-18 01:13:39

RE4, most certainly one of my favorite games of all time; and not really a 'boss' per se, but i hated those retarded guys with the bags over their heads and chainsaws.

Regenerators and Pyramid head were also pretty creep

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Creepiest bosses in Videogames? 2015-11-18 06:46:48

At 11/18/15 01:13 AM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote:
RE4, most certainly one of my favorite games of all time; and not really a 'boss' per se, but i hated those retarded guys with the bags over their heads and chainsaws.

Regenerators and Pyramid head were also pretty creep

Was just about to say this, these guys.
Scared the shit out of me, I think I was about 7 at the time.

My Art Thread

I don't know who created the human race, but they're a fucking idiot.

HATE MAIL HERE: Snazznasty@gmail.com