00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

picapip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

People with money are lazy

1,690 Views | 23 Replies

People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 15:29:29

Why is it that someone making $8 and hour will bust ass trying to get a promotion, but anybody making $15+ has the work ethic of a fucking toddler?

I go to McD's; 15 minutes tops, I have my order, and it is correct.

I go to a mechanics, and I have to check back and recheck and wipe their asses to make sure they FINISHED THE DAMN JOB.

Da fuck? This shit is inversely proportional. You'd think that because the mechanic makes a decent wage they would do their goddamn jobs.

NOPE

Same problem with tech support. You call some dude from India, he is going to be on point and not get off the phone until you verbally confirm that you are satisfied and your problem is 100% resolved. When I call my work's tech support (run by a rich dude for lots of money) I'm lucky to get a call back THAT DAY.

Again, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

Everybody making 30K+ spends so much time on vacation they never get around to doing any real goddamn WORK. Meanwhile dudes scrubbing off Ramen for minimum wage are working people under the table.

Fucking bourgeois bullshit.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 15:34:44

I know right.

im one of them

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 15:37:44

At 9/21/15 03:30 PM, Hoodie wrote: Nothing is gonna change no matter how hard you type dude.

You're right. I need to use BOLD ITALICIZED TEXT

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 15:48:58

At 9/21/15 03:40 PM, Cordyceps wrote: lol deal with it poor boy

LOL, I live in a mansion and have both health insurance and a retirement plan.

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 15:52:51

At 9/21/15 03:48 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: Nonsensical bullshit

Probably not, but y'know? People these days.

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 16:21:50

I'm sure that some people that work under minimum wage are lazy too.

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 16:22:57

I've often wondered this myself. But it doesn't bother me much, because living the serf life for so long has given me a Kratos work ethic and made me damn near bullet proof resilient in life. It's also taught me the value of being conservative over the "I want it right now!"- values of a liberal. Being poor has taught me a lot of very valuable things as a person, and conversely has made me kinda sick of other kids my age who have everything handed to them in life.
When I get my CDL and start driving, it's the values of good work ethic and conserving my money that will help me get into a good school in two years.

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 16:28:49

You're wrong, I'm poor and I'm still a lazy piece of shit.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 17:02:47

I kind of understand what you mean, but your diatribe against people with money is nonsensical because If your already "rich" then there's nothing to work hard for compared to the person who needs the job and is obligated to satisfy the customer

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 17:27:07

At 9/21/15 05:02 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: I kind of understand what you mean, but your diatribe against people with money is nonsensical because If your already "rich" then there's nothing to work hard for compared to the person who needs the job and is obligated to satisfy the customer

That's my whole point. Wage inequality is causing the degradation of the service industry. We are at a point in the market where if you want your roof built, you go out of your way to use cheap labor, not because the roofers don't deserve a good wage, BUT BECAUSE THE ROOFERS WHO MAKE MORE MONEY WILL DO A SHIT JOB.

It's totally perverted.

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 18:07:41

At 9/21/15 05:27 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
That's my whole point. Wage inequality is causing the degradation of the service industry. We are at a point in the market where if you want your roof built, you go out of your way to use cheap labor, not because the roofers don't deserve a good wage, BUT BECAUSE THE ROOFERS WHO MAKE MORE MONEY WILL DO A SHIT JOB.

It's totally perverted.

Cheap is most certainly not always a good thing, and supposedly we get what we pay for; so if you're paying top dollar for something then one should only expect top quality service, or I would demand a refund.

I also studied business ethics for a while, and which is why I check out consumer records with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) on certain companies. Lets just say I prefer being a loyal customer to Target over Wal MArt, not because of the low prices, but because of how they treat their employees and give back to the community.

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 18:46:09

At 9/21/15 03:29 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: Why is it that someone making $8 and hour will bust ass trying to get a promotion, but anybody making $15+ has the work ethic of a fucking toddler?

money

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 19:45:49

At 9/21/15 03:48 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: LOL, I live in a mansion and have both health insurance and a retirement plan.

So you belong to the "sit on ass can't get things done" group? GOTCHA SLACKER

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 20:15:52

At 9/21/15 04:18 PM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 9/21/15 03:48 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 9/21/15 03:40 PM, Cordyceps wrote: lol deal with it poor boy
LOL, I live in a mansion and have both health insurance and a retirement plan.
okay so you're just whining

Also, apparently lazy.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 20:55:23

At 9/21/15 07:45 PM, Jin wrote:
So you belong to the "sit on ass can't get things done" group? GOTCHA SLACKER

The mansion is 100 years old and currently being rennovated, so I'm getting a good deal on it. Luckily I'm somewhat connected. My retirement plan has 50% matching. Basically I wouldn't be poor if I didn't pay for health insurance and retirement, but I'm still broke because I'm "doing the right thing." I'm living just on the wrong side of the tracks from the hip Cooper Young neighborhood, in a post-ghettoization pre-gentrification house.

BTW, I'm quite popular IRL. Just got back from doing a show in Huntsville

Also, after 3 days, $300 more dollars, and 30 phone calls, I finally got them to honor their warranty. My van's fixed. 2 days after I had to go on tour in a sedan and an SUV, doubling my gas costs.

Meanwhile my hot and ready pizza was done before I got there, super cheap, delivered with a smile by a cute black girl who really, really needs a raise. I think she would make an excellent mechanic.

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-21 23:38:45

Anybody can be lazy. It does seem people with money should be doing more for the money.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-22 11:09:58

At 9/22/15 02:14 AM, AquaWatermelons wrote: People with money get too over-indulged in their wealth.
They'll soon see that their money won't last forever.
It doesn't grow on trees or rain from the skies.

If money did grow on trees or rain from the skies there would be many happy poor people. It would also ruin the value of money.

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-22 11:29:51

Because people are stupid.

I can say with personal certainty that I would try even harder. Why would you stop trying for better and better raises?

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-23 10:47:55

At 9/22/15 12:02 PM, AquaWatermelons wrote: Very true.
I like the idea of eliminating poverty, but then, as you said, money would be pointless, and we would be carrying around wheelbarrows instead of our wallets.

It would be better to mass produce wheat or rice. Try to solve world hunger, and keep money the same value.

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-23 11:42:17

The comparison of a guy taking an order and a someone who fixes a machine with his knowledge and equipment is fucking dumb.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-24 05:11:52

Yes, in general people with money are lazy. They just pay everyone else to do everything for them.

If you don't have the money to spare you might instead choose to do a few things yourself or at least try to learn some things.

In general, people who have been born into money are pretty useless.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-24 05:25:57

Wow if you're complaining about people making $15/hr I guess you've never heard of people called "Chief Executive Officers."

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-24 05:38:10

Well, to be fair to mechanics, a simple look-see can't always portent what time, parts and effort will actually be necessary. Flipping burgers is easy, it's what public schools teach: follow orders, no deviation, no free will. But real problem solving takes time, experience and raw intelligence to complete, and even some experts can't un-fuck certain things.

I can understand the point of the OP quite well, but life's never that clear-cut... although most of the medical doctors I've met (this century), sure are lazy, greedy, uncaring, cowardly cocksuckers. The good ones I've met, were worth every penny.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to People with money are lazy 2015-09-24 06:39:27

At 9/24/15 06:26 AM, UltraAusterity wrote:
At 9/21/15 03:29 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
Everybody making 30K+
As if that was a lot

It was in the 60's.