00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Djsjwks just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

keyframes and blank keyframes

314 Views | 1 Reply

keyframes and blank keyframes 2015-09-19 00:35:05

Right theres two options either keyframe or blank keyframe whats the best way to animate a stickman which one do u do to make a stickman realistically move. is it adding a keyframe then blankkey framing or just blank keyframing on its own? A blank keframe wipes off the picture so im confused i dont know if u just add a keyframe or then a blank keyframe? someone help me.

At 9/19/15 12:35 AM, snakedude wrote: Right theres two options either keyframe or blank keyframe whats the best way to animate a stickman which one do u do to make a stickman realistically move. is it adding a keyframe then blankkey framing or just blank keyframing on its own? A blank keframe wipes off the picture so im confused i dont know if u just add a keyframe or then a blank keyframe? someone help me.

It is better to ask this question in the Animation subforum.

I haven't touched flash in a long time but I would say that it depends on your animation style. If you want to animate frame by frame instead of using motion tweens, (meaning you will have to re-draw your character on each new frame) then use blank keyframes. Otherwise, you can use motion tweens. With motion tweens you can split your character's body into different segments and animate the movement of each one without having to manually re-draw the character in each new frame.