00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ThomasBlack0001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Blur effect not showing in swf

612 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Blur effect not showing in swf 2015-09-15 07:15:32

Hey there, I'm making a film in macromedia flash 8, and I have applied blur effect to the background.
It doesn't show the blur in the exported swf file. How can I make it show? The background is moving using a motion tween.
I dont know if that makes the problem happen.

Thanks in advance

At 9/15/15 07:15 AM, Jelektronix wrote: Hey there, I'm making a film in macromedia flash 8, and I have applied blur effect to the background.
It doesn't show the blur in the exported swf file. How can I make it show? The background is moving using a motion tween.

Thanks in advance

I tried out and it happened when you dont add 'Blur' effect in all the keyframes of the tween... can't really say much without some snapshots or file... make sure all keyframe u have blur fliter and its the same symbol ...
Hope you understood..

Its all in the Design... Worship Design... cause its what matters, Muhaaahaaahaaa....haaa haa hee aa... hrmmm...

Sci

Response to Blur effect not showing in swf 2015-09-15 07:46:15

Thanks, but I tried what you said and it didn't help. The blur effect doesn't even show when I just have a
still background with no motion tween.

Response to Blur effect not showing in swf 2015-09-15 07:48:38

It shows in the workspace though

At 9/15/15 07:48 AM, Jelektronix wrote: It shows in the workspace though

sorry, Im really not sure why its happening to u... May be flash software is having some trouble...
Here's thread that discusses similar prob, but not much...
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/900766?tstart=0
May be either upgrade to CS5 0r CS4 cause Flash 8 is pretty old...
Or Start from scratch...
Or do sum more research...

Its all in the Design... Worship Design... cause its what matters, Muhaaahaaahaaa....haaa haa hee aa... hrmmm...

Sci

Response to Blur effect not showing in swf 2015-09-15 08:29:38

Ok thanks for your help anyway

Response to Blur effect not showing in swf 2015-09-15 11:03:17

At 9/15/15 07:15 AM, Jelektronix wrote: Hey there, I'm making a film in macromedia flash 8, and I have applied blur effect to the background.

Thanks in advance

If your background symbols (or things placed inside of it) are really big (like 2000px) the effects won't work. Try it at half or quarter size to see if that's the problem. If it's not, drop the symbol/tween into a new fla file and upload it to your dump so people can see exactly what's going on and try to help you solve it.

BBS Signature

Response to Blur effect not showing in swf 2015-09-16 22:25:14

Thanks thats probably it. My background is 1920 x 1080 pixels, and the background symbol is much bigger since it
slides from right to left in the film

At 9/15/15 11:03 AM, HandsomeCat wrote:

Thanks in advance
If your background symbols (or things placed inside of it) are really big (like 2000px) the effects won't work. Try it at half or quarter size to see if that's the problem. If it's not, drop the symbol/tween into a new fla file and upload it to your dump so people can see exactly what's going on and try to help you solve it.