00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Adults in Highschool

3,179 Views | 51 Replies

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-12 17:49:24 (edited 2015-09-12 17:53:05)

If atleast you don't allow adults in public school,
pull the arrows of war out of it

"Beauty to adorn, wisdom to contrive, strength to support"

Afterall, I'm not the Omen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_Discrimination_Act_of_1975

Adults in Highschool

Beauty to Adorn, Wisdom to Contrive, Strength to support 7/4.6

BBS Signature

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-12 19:17:17

At 9/12/15 04:50 PM, uhnomal3 wrote: I think you're to close minded to have clients...I genuinely mean that's a massive insinuation.

I am a child welfare attorney who mostly represents children. I insinuate nothing by the statement.

For the last time, children have fallacies of perspective, and when their parents fail at doing something about, should not the public? Afterall, what else is public school for other than to maintain the peace? (* definitely not because the public believes every child should find fulfillment in their lives)

Notice how the cutoff date you mentioned was 21-22? That means there exists 3-4 years beyond adulthood where education is accessible. Meaning, if the parent truly fuck up, the youthyoung adult has 3-4 years to do it on their own before it needs to be done through adult only methods

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-12 19:26:37 (edited 2015-09-12 19:27:47)

At 9/12/15 07:17 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 9/12/15 04:50 PM, uhnomal3 wrote: I think you're to close minded to have clients...I genuinely mean that's a massive insinuation.
I am a child welfare attorney who mostly represents children. I insinuate nothing by the statement.

For the last time, children have fallacies of perspective, and when their parents fail at doing something about, should not the public? Afterall, what else is public school for other than to maintain the peace? (* definitely not because the public believes every child should find fulfillment in their lives)
Notice how the cutoff date you mentioned was 21-22? That means there exists 3-4 years beyond adulthood where education is accessible. Meaning, if the parent truly fuck up, the youthyoung adult has 3-4 years to do it on their own before it needs to be done through adult only methods

"I know exactly what's going on. You were unable to keep up with the quite low standards of public schooling and now you're complaining that you lost out on the opportunity."

"isn't an insinuation"

I made A's and B's for 2 months before my last expulsion. I Aced the DUI class after listening to a lecture, and beforehand, I got my GED without studying...after sleeping through the majority of middleschool and leaving highschool with half a credit

Age doesn't make an adult. Circumstance does

I'm starting to think representatives are necessary... just with the right people in the right spot for the right circumstance instead

BBS Signature

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-12 22:06:10

At 9/12/15 07:26 PM, uhnomal3 wrote: Age doesn't make an adult. Circumstance does

True, but it is not feasible to have the courts determine adulthood on a case by case basis. No on ewould know how to do anything, for there would always be a chance the rules for minors would apply. So the law has made a cut off when most people are of adult maturity.

Anyway, what are you even arguing for now?

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-12 22:31:25 (edited 2015-09-12 22:43:02)

At 9/12/15 10:06 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 9/12/15 07:26 PM, uhnomal3 wrote: Age doesn't make an adult. Circumstance does
True, but it is not feasible to have the courts determine adulthood on a case by case basis. No on ewould know how to do anything, for there would always be a chance the rules for minors would apply. So the law has made a cut off when most people are of adult maturity.

Anyway, what are you even arguing for now?

what am I argueing, t'is questionable?

Anyway, I believe you to be wrong, it is completely feasible to determine the maturity of every individual, it's just not ideal for our current state. A state whose current free market allows the feds to spend 360 million dollars on advertising healthcare. 360 million dollars for healthcare just for an "insignificant portion" of society that 320 million live in; A state that "competes" with each other while super corps laugh at small business's that rise and fall on a daily basis; A state that rebelled against tyrants and monarchs, just to oddly sit neutralized, trillions of dollars in debt, largely corrupted, before then entire world and universe.

So, what am I arguing?

Probably that kids are dumb anyway; you know, so why cant I mob wit some of my old homies in school?

BBS Signature

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-13 10:27:20

I never heard of this age thing, but it seems like a pretty good idea to me. I just hope no one will be in a position where they'll be in high school at that age. I have known people who failed high school, but it never got like that.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-13 13:47:42 (edited 2015-09-13 13:52:04)

At 9/13/15 10:27 AM, Ericho wrote: I never heard of this age thing, but it seems like a pretty good idea to me. I just hope no one will be in a position where they'll be in high school at that age. I have known people who failed high school, but it never got like that.

It doesn't matter anyway, the state isn't obeying federal laws,
No matter what Article Six, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution says
Even a sheriff who is sworn to uphold the constitution said he wouldn't do so because he would loose his job.
+ the Dept. of Education hasn't answered my inquiry in over a week

BBS Signature

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-13 14:06:04

Anywho,

It is in my recollection that intellectuals and governing officials of the past may not have been to sup portive of the current indignation, regarding our education system. And not just that, it's foreseeable that our forefathers may not have intended to have an entire nation simply turn a blind eye while expelled children come to age.
Afterall, Washington himself was a Mason

"Beauty to adorn, wisdom to contrive, *strength to support*."

Adults in Highschool

BBS Signature

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-13 14:07:10 (edited 2015-09-13 14:11:13)

MKUltra, domestic warfare, illuminati

There is always a time and place for every epiphany,
except when you're an adult

(epitome continues in "The south will rise again")

Adults in Highschool

BBS Signature

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-13 15:09:23

At 9/12/15 10:31 PM, uhnomal3 wrote: Anyway, I believe you to be wrong, it is completely feasible to determine the maturity of every individual, it's just not ideal for our current state.

It's not feasible. Possible doesn't mean feasible. The courts are backed up as is, and making a maturity decision in every case would back them up even more. Worse than that is that it would blur so many laws for everyone. How can we know how to deal with people properly if there is no bright line of adulthood? If there are two 100% identical situations, how can we expect people to act if in one case the other party can be deemed immature and in the other situation, mature?

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-13 15:32:08 (edited 2015-09-13 15:33:25)

It's not feasible. Possible doesn't mean feasible. The courts are backed up as is, and making a maturity decision in every case would back them up even more. Worse than that is that it would blur so many laws for everyone. How can we know how to deal with people properly if there is no bright line of adulthood? If there are two 100% identical situations, how can we expect people to act if in one case the other party can be deemed immature and in the other situation, mature?

That's to say if the monetary problems weren't solved.

In retrospect;
"every" situation is irrelevant; we are talking about education and the right we all have to go to "public" schools;
and how people shouldn't have to pay the private sect., (with private motifs) to attain an education.
Besides, it's not like the state is paying to educate them twice...it's just later.

BBS Signature

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-13 19:46:34

At 9/13/15 01:47 PM, uhnomal3 wrote: It doesn't matter anyway, the state isn't obeying federal laws,
No matter what Article Six, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution says
Even a sheriff who is sworn to uphold the constitution said he wouldn't do so because he would loose his job.
+ the Dept. of Education hasn't answered my inquiry in over a week

Did you snail mail or call the Dept. of Education? Perhaps you should try to contact them again. Would be interesting to hear their response.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-16 02:08:34

At 9/12/15 05:10 PM, uhnomal3 wrote: The seperation of people is*^

Ok but I still do not see what MKUltra, the illuminati and Gangbanging have to do with your argument.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-16 14:10:33

At 9/16/15 02:08 AM, Warforger wrote: Ok but I still do not see what MKUltra, the illuminati and Gangbanging have to do with your argument.

Nothing I'm guessing. Let's stay to one topic at a time sir, you're not making the best impression around here and if you want to start posting manifestos about conspiracies and shit, you have a site provided blog for that. Don't do it in threads like this one that are about one subject and then derail your own stuff with others. Also replying to your own posts is pretty tacky too.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-17 00:21:04

At 9/10/15 03:22 PM, uhnomal3 wrote: Should people be allowed in high school if they are over the state's declared age limit? (21-22)
Should the age discrimination act of 1975 be enforced?

What manner of dumbassery is this? Are we seriously going there?

Why limit it to high school? There's plenty of retards that don't know basic arithmetic or writing and are 30, 40 yrs old. Hell! It's my right as a 'murican to go to grade school with little kids since I'm a dumb shit.

Stuff like this makes think we should have a free program where retards are issued a single shot shotgun with 1 load of buckshot and then instructed to rinse said mouth out with buckshot via the trigger.

But that might be too complex. Perhaps they should be instructed to find the nearest water source and then take a deep breath of said water source.

If it's good enough for fishes, its good enough for retards

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-17 19:10:09

At 9/12/15 01:59 PM, thebitterroost wrote: I don't see what the big deal is. Go get a GED. Bam, then you have high school credentials, without the BS of being in high school. Why would you (and I'm assuming this is indeed about you) even want to go back to that?

Studying on your own is extremely difficult for a lot of people, even in adulthood it is still quite challenging compared to the school system. Trying to get a H.S. degree equivalent out of high school costs a lot of clams and a lot of those without education aren't known for their wealth. The GED test is like $120 where I live and we're one of the poorest shittiest states in this wasteland.

Best case scenario, "Bob" the 22 year old trains like crazy, goes to take the GED, passes. -100$

worst case scenario, "Nick" needs extensive assistance which could cost him thousands of dollars, unless he feels like robbing a bank or has family with $ then he won't get to the point of a GED.

Where I'm at HS education / assistance has no free option.

Make all education free. I'll gladly pay my taxes for something useful.

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-18 00:08:25

At 9/17/15 07:10 PM, MrApophis wrote: Make all education free. I'll gladly pay my taxes for something useful.

If all education is free, then I don't care. However, as far as education that needs to be made free, this is about as low priority as you can get.

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-18 00:52:55

At 9/16/15 02:10 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Nothing I'm guessing. Let's stay to one topic at a time sir, you're not making the best impression around here and if you want to start posting manifestos about conspiracies and shit, you have a site provided blog for that. Don't do it in threads like this one that are about one subject and then derail your own stuff with others. Also replying to your own posts is pretty tacky too.

Um did you respond to the right person? I wasn't responding to myself, i was responding to uhnomal. I am just really confused by what he's trying to say, or at least why he's posting Illuminati pictures and no one is saying anything about it. Hell he's not even talking about it in his posts he just posts the pictures there randomly.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-18 01:52:24

At 9/18/15 12:52 AM, Warforger wrote: Um did you respond to the right person? I wasn't responding to myself, i was responding to uhnomal. I am just really confused by what he's trying to say, or at least why he's posting Illuminati pictures and no one is saying anything about it. Hell he's not even talking about it in his posts he just posts the pictures there randomly.

I was using what you said as a springboard to respond to him in a "mod hat" sort of way to warn him that his behavior is attracting the wrong sort of attention from our sort. But I think he's aware, so that dart was probably a bit of a miss. Honestly I'm starting to think he doesn't really care what we say or do in reference to him so maybe it's better if people just don't engage.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-18 10:56:56 (edited 2015-09-18 11:04:50)

"Honestly I'm starting to think he doesn't really care what we say or do in reference to him so maybe it's better if people just don't engage."

Hey; it's been a while; i'm glad to see the threads still alive.

[OK, where to start?]

Anywho, to answer your question,
Some of the things I say are quite axiomatic.
_You either get them or you don't_
Understand?

Who failed?

Adults in Highschool

BBS Signature

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-18 11:00:57 (edited 2015-09-18 11:01:50)

As for extensive explanations of domestic warfare; you must be kidding yourself. Although, I wouldn't get caught doing so. They could lock you up without a trial, "Terrorist"

Cokmeatsandwhich anyone?

BBS Signature

Response to Adults in Highschool 2015-09-18 18:15:47

Ok, so apparently you just want your topics now to be ways to post whatever comes to your mind, and as I've said, that's what your NG blog is for. Learn how to play on our forums correctly, or please don't play here at all. Locked because I think the debate has run it's course and the OP is not being responsible.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature