00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Worst product placement in movies?

474 Views | 12 Replies

Normally I dont mind it but sometimes its so blatant you just wanna say "Are you fucking serious?"

I'd have to say every Adam Sandler movie. Like holy fuck man...

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Worst product placement in movies? 2015-09-07 21:49:52

At 9/7/15 09:33 PM, TNT wrote: "Hey! We're the PEPSI GENERATION!"

"HAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I can tolerate a lot of the product placement in movies, but Coke and Pepsi really push the envelope. The only time when I thought an in-your-face product placement of theirs was okay was in The Gods Must Be Crazy, and I don't even think that was sanctioned by Coke.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst product placement in movies? 2015-09-07 21:50:22

In jurassic word I remember Tha right after a scene where they made a joke about corporate sponsored dinosaurs they had the lead woman driving somewhere and kept the camera on the Mercedes emblem on her grill for like ten seconds. If they were doing that on purpose it might be clever. But I don't think it was on purpose.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Worst product placement in movies? 2015-09-07 21:53:51

"What is that on your feet?"

"Converse All Stars, vintage 2004 you may skip this ad in 3, 2, 1."

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Worst product placement in movies? 2015-09-07 22:01:25

Normally I'd take any opportunity to join in on slamming Sandler good and hard, but even that shit heal can't compare to the soulless homunculus called Michael Bay's many crimes against humanity.

Also are we still doing "phrasing?"

BBS Signature

Response to Worst product placement in movies? 2015-09-08 01:25:08

I thought the first Michael Bay Transformers had a couple of egregious examples.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Worst product placement in movies? 2015-09-08 01:28:40

I was going to say every sandler movie but you beat me to it.

I...I don't know what to put...

Response to Worst product placement in movies? 2015-09-08 01:30:58

At 9/8/15 01:25 AM, Phobotech wrote: I thought the first Michael Bay Transformers had a couple of egregious examples.

How about X-box and Evian Water in the 'post-apoclaypse' of The Island? And Ben and Jerries for good measure.

Response to Worst product placement in movies? 2015-09-08 01:41:40

At 9/8/15 01:25 AM, Phobotech wrote: I thought the first Michael Bay Transformers had a couple of egregious examples.

yeah that whole movie was just cars sodas and electronics all showcased as robots, was out of control.

I remember the old Ninja Turtles having a dominos dude and thinking damn even the ninja turtles have to eat dominos.

Response to Worst product placement in movies? 2015-09-08 08:04:20

Tempting fate, really.

Worst product placement in movies?

Response to Worst product placement in movies? 2015-09-08 08:28:51

Apple's product placement is pretty bad. You can tell when a studio's contract with Apple expires because all of the iMacs disappear. One season everyone's using a Mac. Next season they're not.

Response to Worst product placement in movies? 2015-09-08 08:33:23

Response to Worst product placement in movies? 2015-09-08 09:04:40

At 9/7/15 10:01 PM, TheJamoke wrote: Normally I'd take any opportunity to join in on slamming Sandler good and hard

Giggity