00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GaboRabo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can't update game swf 2015-09-02 11:30:15

The title is pretty self-explanatory... I submitted a game recently (G-Switch 2), but now I can't update the swf. I try to upload it at "Replace File:", and it says that it is uploading, but when the upload is complete, the file size is the same as the previous version, although the new file should be smaller. Also, when I preview the game, the changes are not there, so it seems that the new file was not uploaded. It has been this way for over a day now so I thought I'd mention it here...

Response to Can't update game swf 2015-09-02 13:13:48 (edited 2015-09-02 13:14:43)

At 9/2/15 12:58 PM, Cordyceps wrote: Have you cleared your cache?

Your browser might be keeping a cached version of the game. Use Ctrl+F5 (on most browsers) to clear it.

I tried that now, and I even tried uploading in a different browser. The problem persists, there seems to be some problem on the server side. I have done this lots of times for other games and this never happened before.

Response to Can't update game swf 2015-09-02 16:25:40

At 9/2/15 01:22 PM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 9/2/15 01:13 PM, VascoF wrote: I tried that now, and I even tried uploading in a different browser. The problem persists, there seems to be some problem on the server side. I have done this lots of times for other games and this never happened before.
How long have you waited? It takes some time for the file to update, too.

I waited quite a while. Anyway, it seems that the problem was in the preview, when publishing the game it seems to update fine.