00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Direct Wave Library-Elec. Guitar

4,085 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I came across this guy saying how awful Slayer and Slayer 2 (Slayer 2 comes with a good FX though).
So, I was trying to give it a try (REFX Slayer 2 that is), problem now with it is...exactly what he says. The tone is weak, it's too quiet. Doesn't sound as bad as Slayer compared though.

So, I downloaded a library he suggested to people after he decided not to comment so harshly. He took a good few hours recording his tone on his guitar (cleaned so you need an amp simulator VST), it's for Direct Wave (If you have FL Studio, you have it).

Load it up into Direct Wave (make sure the midi channel is 1 or you won't hear anything). Then, amp it out. Hope this helps people.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60527527/Samples/IGRX40DPS.zip (His official link not mine lol) Download it here!
By: Vandi Taranov

http://yukkihonoka.newgrounds.com/follow

Like what I do? Then, it'd be really nice to have followers!

I would also recommend RealGuitar and RealLPC. The LPC being a Les Paul, and the Guitar being acoustic. Excellent libraries that I often substitute for or mix with my own guitars. Put the LPC through Guitar Rig for distortion or tube scream or whatever, and you've got an awesome, natural sound - given you mess with velocity and whatnot to simulate playing!

The problem with a VST like Slayer is that the electric guitar sound is what's being played, so it'll be choppy and too consistent in tone. It's always best to put a guitar VST through an amp.

The guitars on this track are purely RealLPC through Guitar Rig 3:

BBS Signature

Response to Direct Wave Library-Elec. Guitar 2015-08-23 16:37:05

Very good, Jacob. It sounded beautiful. Thanks for suggesting them. It's VERY good.

Response to Direct Wave Library-Elec. Guitar 2015-08-23 17:24:49

It's taking forever to get a realistic guitar VST. Is it something to do with how diverse the guitar can sound that just throws people through a loop? :(
It's a good job I play or I'd hate life.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Direct Wave Library-Elec. Guitar 2015-08-23 17:32:08

At 8/23/15 05:24 PM, MetalRenard wrote: It's taking forever to get a realistic guitar VST. Is it something to do with how diverse the guitar can sound that just throws people through a loop? :(
It's a good job I play or I'd hate life.

I dunno. But, I noticed when I use any amplifier (that's already on FL Studio), it doesn't sound very good. But when I used Slayer 2 FX with it, it sounds pretty realistic with this library for Direct Wave. It sounds really good for chord progression (which is what I care most about).

Response to Direct Wave Library-Elec. Guitar 2015-08-23 17:33:07

Strawberry Electric in Kontakt and Shreddage II in kontakt are both quite good, but come un-amped.

That's really the biggest problem with pre-packaged guitar such as FL Slayer and various Soundfonts,
Your amp is -ALL- in the sample and nobody knows to just re-amp it in the FX.

Try an un-amped Shreddage II or Strawberry E, and run it through Peavey Revalver MKIII (Or NI Guitar Rig if you prefer)
Bonus, Revalver was shown to me by F-777, he uses it for his "cabinet bass." So it's not just for guitar.

Keep in mind though, you might have to stem bounce using these plugins, as Revalver AND Guitar Rig are CPU heavy, As Guitar Rig is an algorithm/convolution amp emulator(IIRC) and Revalver is a Circuitry emulator.

Response to Direct Wave Library-Elec. Guitar 2015-08-23 18:15:12

At 8/23/15 05:32 PM, YukkiHonoka wrote: I dunno. But, I noticed when I use any amplifier (that's already on FL Studio), it doesn't sound very good. But when I used Slayer 2 FX with it, it sounds pretty realistic with this library for Direct Wave. It sounds really good for chord progression (which is what I care most about).

Yeah, always use your own amp, it smooths over the immediate stops that come with samples/note transitions and creates a more organic/realistic sound. Plus you get to create something you can call your own that way.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature