00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fireskull666 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Releasing your game

499 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Releasing your game 2015-08-16 10:27:34

Sup! I'm almost done with a flash game I've been working on for a while. I'm thinking about at least try to get a sponsorship or something like that by sending it to a couple of sites (like newgrounds). And I'm wondering if there is anyone who have released a game before and might have some tips on things to think about for a newbie? Much appreciated!

And regarding ads for your game, is there anyone who have used newgrounds ad thingy? Is it good?

Sorry for the bad english!

Response to Releasing your game 2015-08-16 10:38:54

At 8/16/15 10:27 AM, Helmertz wrote: Sup! I'm almost done with a flash game I've been working on for a while. I'm thinking about at least try to get a sponsorship or something like that by sending it to a couple of sites (like newgrounds). And I'm wondering if there is anyone who have released a game before and might have some tips on things to think about for a newbie? Much appreciated!

And regarding ads for your game, is there anyone who have used newgrounds ad thingy? Is it good?

Sorry for the bad english!

Read the fine print with ad APIs. I've had no trouble with newgrounds', though. (IN general, advertisement apis will take a percentage of your revenue, so you might want to check on the exact %.)

If you're looking for sponsorship and tips on sponsorship, there's not much else you can do better than heading on over to a sponsorship site. FGL.com is a good place to start, although they also take a percentage of sponsorship $$$, as with all online services. They offer free tips for promotion and stuff to make your game look good to publishers; you can follow those and independently email the sponsors if you want. It'll be tougher, though.

Good luck!

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature