00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zhombe just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash brush problems with Wacom

3,852 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Flash brush problems with Wacom 2015-07-25 15:13:33

Hi

I am experiencing a weird problem in Flash CC 2014 (I also tested this in older versions of Flash and on another machine - and the same problem seems to appear).

Sometimes, when I am sketching (or writing) using Brush Tool (with "Use Pressure" enabled), some strokes won't get drawn. It's a bit hard to explain, but sometimes, when I begin drawing a stroke, that does not appear - and my pen is still touching the surface of the tablet - then, no matter how hard I press on the screen - while still "drawing" - nothing appears. It seems like something in Flash negates some of these brush strokes (prevents them from appearing) and it could be because Flash isn't done smoothing a previous stroke/line.

When I am deliberately trying to trigger this problem (brush strokes not appearing) by drawing different shapes in a somewhat frequent tempo, the problem is usually not there. But when I relax and start sketching/writing, as if I would on a paper, the problem is most likely to appear. When I am sketching/writing quickly, the problem is also most likely to appear.

When I am using Sketch Book Pro, there is no problem. When I am using Photoshop CC 2014 the brush strokes seem to lag / appear late. I think it has something to do with drivers, settings, new Flash engine, dual GPUs or a bug.

Before I begin writing all of my specs and settings, I want to hear, if anyone else is having this problem.

(Short version of my specs; Tablet; Cintiq 21UX, Driver: WacomTablet_6.3.9w5, OS: Win7-64bit, Laptop with Nvidia and Intel GPUs)

Any help is appreciated

I previously made these topics that are related to this problem:
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1381886
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1376236

Heya

Response to Flash brush problems with Wacom 2015-07-26 02:56:23

At 7/25/15 03:13 PM, Aleque wrote: Hi

I am experiencing a weird problem in Flash CC 2014 (I also tested this in older versions of Flash and on another machine - and the same problem seems to appear).

have you tried cs6 and lower versions? because cc brush is new way! you need to be patient, slow and releaxed! try it!
I am not a patient person! so going back to cs6!

Response to Flash brush problems with Wacom 2015-07-26 13:21:40

UPDATE:

It looks like it happens when I accidentally double-click with my pen, while drawing lines. When "Use Pressure" of Brush Tool is enabled, you can't even see the failed lines, but when I turn it off, the failed lines end up as being dots on the screen. The problem is happening in several versions of Flash and it is happening whether I use a pen or a mouse. Let's say, that I double-click (in the work area), and immediately after that, I start moving the mouse (or pen). The only thing that gets drawn is a dot (and not a line). But if I single-click and move my cursor, the line is drawn fine.

Can someone please verify/test this?

Heya

Response to Flash brush problems with Wacom 2016-03-12 15:42:22

Bump. I suspect, that this problem is caused by my dual-GPU-laptop (laptop with both Nvidia and Intel graphic cards).

If someone had this problem and fixed it, please let me know. This problem is preventing me from doing anything. I can't work when my brush strokes / lines randomly disapearing. This is so discouraging.

Heya

Response to Flash brush problems with Wacom 2017-01-14 03:52:52

I've had this issue too. Did you ever find a solution to it?

Response to Flash brush problems with Wacom 2017-01-14 04:02:06

At 1/14/17 03:52 AM, H2olad wrote: I've had this issue too. Did you ever find a solution to it?

I found a solution: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1411811

:)

Heya