00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Energy drinks

3,177 Views | 53 Replies

Energy drinks 2015-07-23 13:33:08

Who else wants a heart atta- I mean, likes energy drinks too? What are your favorites?

I limit how many I have because I don't want to end up a caffeine junkie, but when I need a pick-me-up I'll grab a Shockwave or Red Bull. Monster makes me feel like a douchebag and anything with a title that seems to market to idiots (Cocaine, Pussy) scares me away. Horchata-flavored Rockstar was one of the most disgusting things I have ever tasted, and I've tasted cat food, hard liquor, and Domino's Pizza.

P.S. What is the correlation between douchebags and drinking a shit ton of energy drinks? Obviously this a generalization but it feels like whenever I meet an asshole who is under the age of 20, I half expect them to have an over-caffeinated beverage in hand.

P.P.S. Caffeine is the best video game performance-enhancer I have encountered.

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 13:39:45

I don't know anyone who drinks them except myself, you must know some real dicks.

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 13:40:48

I try not to drink energy drinks as much as i use to but i love me a Monster

Energy drinks

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 13:45:24

At 7/23/15 01:40 PM, IsaacIsBlind wrote: I try not to drink energy drinks as much as i use to but i love me a Monster

That image is kawaii as fuck, where did you find it?

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 13:45:33

i had a redbull one time and it tasted like sour candy and i think i had that energy drink made by xpac or whatever the fuck that drink was.. soda pop is bad for you

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 13:48:48

At 7/23/15 01:46 PM, Cordyceps wrote: I just drink coffee.

I don't see the appeal of loading up everything with sugar so I guess that's why they don't appeal to me much.

They have sugar free ones though.

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 13:55:55

At 7/23/15 01:48 PM, tigeruppercuts wrote:
At 7/23/15 01:46 PM, Cordyceps wrote: I just drink coffee.

I don't see the appeal of loading up everything with sugar so I guess that's why they don't appeal to me much.

That are filled with aspartame and sucralose and stevia and other varyingly artificial sweeteners.

At 7/23/15 01:33 PM, Silverlee wrote: P.P.S. Caffeine is the best video game performance-enhancer I have encountered.

Then you have never encountered crystal meth, cocaine or, depending on your personality, LSD and MDMA.

Lots of high level gamers use adderal, vivanze and other amphetamine based prescriptions too.

Want to sacrifice the homeostasis of your endocrine system for victory in destiny? Amphetamines.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 13:57:28

At 7/23/15 01:55 PM, Lagerkapo wrote:
That are filled with aspartame and sucralose and stevia and other varyingly artificial sweeteners.

No they are not, at least the brand name ones like Monster. Think before you type.

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 14:02:25

At 7/23/15 01:45 PM, Silverlee wrote:
At 7/23/15 01:40 PM, IsaacIsBlind wrote: I try not to drink energy drinks as much as i use to but i love me a Monster
That image is kawaii as fuck, where did you find it?

Google

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 14:12:27 (edited 2015-07-23 14:14:35)

At 7/23/15 01:57 PM, tigeruppercuts wrote:
At 7/23/15 01:55 PM, Lagerkapo wrote:
No they are not, at least the brand name ones like Monster. Think before you type.

Instead of "think before you type," which is confrontational and doesn't actually address the fault you are referencing in my argument, I might suggest something more along the lines of suggesting that I "do my research before I make a claim" or "cite a source," the latter of my aforementioned suggestions I might go so far as to provide to you directly, seeing as I am a label reader, drink energy drinks often, and from memory, not citation, which I am not going to bother with because my words are the extent to which I care about the content and context of this discussion, contain sucralose (splenda), aspartame, and often stevia extract.

There are Some completely unsweetened energy drinks, but rockstars', monsters', red bulls', all the major brands' and even a lot of the "healthy" brands' (I'm near Boulder, CO, there are Fucktons of local "natural/organic" producers) low calory or "zero" options have some form of sweetener, and honestly at best have Maybe one selection amongst their product line that doesn't use sweeteners and sugary things (like honey or agave) to mask the disgusting taste of alkaloids like caffeine and who the fuck knows what fuck all chemicals and plants they use.

Naturally energizing foods, those that work like caffeine or maca, are usually unpalatable and bitter.

"Think before you type" seemed like I needed to write a discourse and proofread it in response to it, kid.

BBS Signature

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 14:12:42

The only energy drink I ever tried was Mountain Dew Kickstart and that was barely any better than coffee

Check out my stories on Furaffinity!

Mask by MangoWolfWorks

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 14:57:30

At 7/23/15 01:33 PM, Silverlee wrote: Who else wants a heart atta- I mean, likes energy drinks too? What are your favorites?

5 Hour Energy drink but only for the extra alertness and only occasionally. I pretty much just save them for emergencies. Also it's about the only energy drink that does anything for me. Everything else I've tried has just been a waste of money.

Cheapskate: Use this energy drink instead. It's cheaper!
Me: Except it literally doesn't do anything for me. No thanks.

anything with a title that seems to market to idiots (Cocaine, Pussy) scares me away.

Hah! I agree. Not that it scares me away but that it's marketed to idiots. Never tried any of those because I've no desire to try them. Also never seen them anywhere nor do I go out of my way to look for anything like that. If I'm going out of my way for something it'll be some obscure hot sauce, not some obscure energy drink.

Horchata-flavored Rockstar was one of the most disgusting things I have ever tasted, and I've tasted cat food, hard liquor, and Domino's Pizza.

That sounds like quite the shot there! Shotglass, mix in cat food hard liquor and Domino's pizza, bottom's up!

P.S. What is the correlation between douchebags and drinking a shit ton of energy drinks?

Probably pretty high. Actually the correlation between douchebags and people under 30 is pretty high.

Obviously this a generalization but it feels like whenever I meet an asshole who is under the age of 20, I half expect them to have an over-caffeinated beverage in hand.

Yeah probably. I would extend that and say under the age of 30. That description fits plenty of 20-something's.

P.P.S. Caffeine is the best video game performance-enhancer I have encountered.

Really? It makes me do worse. I'm at my best when I'm not on anything. Caffeine will give the twitchy hands which will decrease dexterity. I don't really need my hands randomly pushing buttons when I'm not intentionally pressing them, due to involuntary muscle spasms caused by too much caffeine.

At 7/23/15 01:55 PM, Lagerkapo wrote: That are filled with aspartame and sucralose and stevia and other varyingly artificial sweeteners.

And that's a pretty huge problem. Why can't businesses just sell me unsweetened stuff? I don't want artificial sweetened stuff. I'd rather have sugar than that cancer-causing crap. But at the same time I should have the option to just not have any sweetener at all -- no sugar and no artificial crap, as that'd be the healthiest option but this is near impossible to find in food and beverage and it's incredibly annoying to say the least.

Why the hell can't I just buy foods and drinks with *no* sweeteners in them at all? Good luck finding anything like that though, and I certainly have looked.

Then you have never encountered crystal meth, cocaine or, depending on your personality, LSD and MDMA.

Lots of high level gamers use adderal, vivanze and other amphetamine based prescriptions too.

Want to sacrifice the homeostasis of your endocrine system for victory in destiny? Amphetamines.

No thanks. I'm good enough at video games as-is without using drugs. I somehow can't imagine I'd be any better with them and more likely I'd be worse.

What you put in your body should be your business and your business alone (I don't think people should be jailed for mere substance use), but I don't think it's really that good for you either.

So I would be in favor of legalize everything, but I personally would choose not to use most stuff.

Even the legal stuff like caffeine I hardly use.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 16:34:56

pink lemondade monster is pretty awesome.
i love energry drinks to death but i do my best to not consume much, they are deadly for you

i have an abnormal addiction to redbull. i used to be obsessed with rockstar but got tired of the taste and i hate it now.

nos isnt bad either. red monster is ok too.

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 16:46:54

Cherry Relentless is amazing!

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 17:08:13

Yeah, I drink sugar free Monsters all the time. Keeps me alert for work. They're also great when you're hungover.

BBS Signature

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 17:23:13

At 7/23/15 01:55 PM, Lagerkapo wrote: Want to sacrifice the homeostasis of your endocrine system for victory in destiny? Amphetamines.

Caffeine sounds safer

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 17:26:09

I'm drinking a Rockstar now whipped strawberry to be exact good for before work

Wut wut

$imlunchboxx

Buy ImLunchboxx dm me NOW!

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 17:30:00

At 7/23/15 05:23 PM, Silverlee wrote:
At 7/23/15 01:55 PM, Lagerkapo wrote: Want to sacrifice the homeostasis of your endocrine system for victory in destiny? Amphetamines.
Caffeine sounds safer

Well I never said I DID amphetamines, fuck that, but if you've gotta pass a final or can't avoid a fight in a few hours or are gonna win ten thousand dollars in a video game competition, aderall, well, I don't think it's such an ethical edge but certainly a personally justifiable one because that shit will have you ON FUCKING POINT at A MILLION MILES AN HOUR for AT LEAST HALF A DAYLIKE A GOD DAMN G until you crash and suffer for a day or so. If you only do it once. I've seen a lot of good people who know how to use stuff like that and only eat it, vivanze is gentler, when they NEED to do something and as long as you do it less than 5-6 times a year it really won't fuck you up that bad except the day-afters.

I don't eat it, but if I knew a couple of tough fighters were coming for me in two hours and I couldn't get out and was unable to get law enforcement to help me because I was in the middle of NOWHERE or in ganky ass africa and my friend offered me a pill of that genre, you KNOW I'd take it.

BBS Signature

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 17:35:00

I drink them because I like how they taste. They don't really do much as a pick-me-up for me, at least not enough to notice. I'd probably have to drink a couple rockstars for that to happen. Same thing with coffee, the only time I noticed it actually affecting me was this one time where I drank like three cups to stay awake and then I drank two more for fun. Shits for days lemme tell ya

@NEOSLAYRE

BBS Signature

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 17:53:08

Monster Energy.
It's tasty. However they are prohibited in my country because too many people died due to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 18:36:10 (edited 2015-07-23 18:40:19)

stevia is a plant. wow

but most of the stuff claimed to have stevia also has erythritol which is derived from Gmo corn!!

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 18:44:05

At 7/23/15 01:44 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: I've never had one.

Diet soda is enough poison for me.

Nothing beats that sweet, sweet aspartame!

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 21:42:05

At 7/23/15 06:22 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: but really you mean between 25 and 30. there's caps at both sides of the equation for you last i checked.

25 is where douchiness is sort of at the peak I'd say, but it can go younger than that. But where I don't find a lot of douchey behavior is 18, 19, 20, 21. Sure, there's douchebags at any age, but it seems to peak around 25 for some reason.

assuming of course you mean sugar cane and not glucose, lactose, sucrose, fructose, galactose, maltose, and whatever other chemical sugars there are.

Cane sugar, yes.

because natural sugar occurs in everything. i mean sure they add bullshit like corn syrup to everything.. but i dont care about my health as much as i do my happiness and if it means diabeetus to have good tasting food and drink, so be it.

Natural sugar is fine. Fruit has natural sugar, so if I eat a fruit or drink fruit juice I expect whatever it naturally has, but they don't need to go add anything extra.

you want healthy food you gotta make it from scratch yourself. and it's honestly more trouble than it's worth. people market stuff to taste good. if it's healthy it wont sell.

Yes and that's near impossible to do this day and age, for most people, living in most areas. Who actually lives on a farm these days? Very few people.

juicy juice. 100% real watered down horrendous tasting apple/pear/grape juice blend. that's what natural is. would you buy that? no, i thought not.

Yeah, I might, if it's my best option. Why would you think natural juices are gross? If anything there's too few options of natural juices as most stuff is the artificial stuff, or even "contains no fruit juice" type juices.

when they say "more nutrition, same great taste" that's a lie and they know it. the taste is clear as day different and often repulsive.

That's a matter of opinion. I like naturally-flavored things but they seem to be scarce. Pick a random juice ... "contains no fruit juice" + high fructose corn syrup. Pick a random soda ... "contains no fruit juice" + either high fructose corn syrup or aspartame or some other artificial sweetener.

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 21:46:27 (edited 2015-07-23 21:57:25)

theyre borth the same the difference is the refined extracted stuff gets in the bloodstream faster, which causes damage and aging. anti atkins idiots

http://www.mdtmag.com/news/2013/07/sugar-makes-cancer-light-mri-scanners?et_cid=3355921&et_rid=413500061&type=cta#.Udr5P-Ar98t
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257625/?tool=pubmed

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 22:00:15

I once had a Mars milkshake thing which was meant to be somehow an energy drink in some way which it probably wasn't since I don't think they gave a shit which is probably why it didn't seem to catch on. Unlike other energy drinks it actually tasted great though, too expensive to buy more than once though but hey they actually bothered to make a fucking drink unlike everyone else.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 22:30:25

At 7/23/15 05:30 PM, Lagerkapo wrote: Well I never said I DID amphetamines, fuck that, but if you've gotta pass a final or can't avoid a fight in a few hours or are gonna win ten thousand dollars in a video game competition, aderall, well, I don't think it's such an ethical edge but certainly a personally justifiable one because that shit will have you ON FUCKING POINT at A MILLION MILES AN HOUR for AT LEAST HALF A DAYLIKE A GOD DAMN G until you crash and suffer for a day or so. If you only do it once. I've seen a lot of good people who know how to use stuff like that and only eat it, vivanze is gentler, when they NEED to do something and as long as you do it less than 5-6 times a year it really won't fuck you up that bad except the day-afters.

I don't eat it, but if I knew a couple of tough fighters were coming for me in two hours and I couldn't get out and was unable to get law enforcement to help me because I was in the middle of NOWHERE or in ganky ass africa and my friend offered me a pill of that genre, you KNOW I'd take it.

I literally have the best attention span, the best reaction time, and the best "quick thinking" skills of anyone I've ever known or met. I notice subtle things before anyone else, I'm pretty good at sneaking up on people, and I always use environmental advantage. I'm pretty sure none of those substances would enhance my abilities in the slightest -- sure I could see it working for the typical bad attention span, uncoordinated person, but that's not me.

Honestly I think most of the attention span problems people these days have are a result of poor self-discipline. Rather than medicate for it, a better option is to force yourself through it and improve your default. It's not really that hard.

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 23:25:48

I drink them because I like the taste and they lift my mood a bit.

I'll only drink one in any given day, and only as a motivator/pick-me-up when I start working on a project, never just for no reason.

I'm glad they brought the Monster Juice and Assault back (at least in my area); those are my favorite.

BBS Signature

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-23 23:28:51

At 7/23/15 10:47 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 7/23/15 10:30 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
I literally have the best attention span, the best reaction time, and the best "quick thinking" skills of anyone I've ever known or met
i may suck at accuracy and "quick thinking" but i bet anything i can match your reaction time and attention span.

You said yourself you get bored of things easy. I can read books for hours with no breaks and retain full comprehension and memory.

Good attention span and memory are pretty much all you need to get through most school/academic subjects. In fact, unless a teacher/professor is being unfair or is just really bad at teaching, usually what will mess people up is inadequate attention span or inadequate memory.

And keep in mind reaction time without accuracy isn't very good. Quick, push a button! .. If you don't immediately push a button both your base and the enemy base blow up, if you push the wrong button just your base blows up, and if you push the correct button you blow up the enemy base. Without accuracy you're as likely to blow up your own base as the enemy's.

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-24 00:29:02

I used to drink a fuckton of monster with my friends back in highschool. I never drank it for the caffeine, but rather for the flavor. I don't really get energy drinks anymore, they make my stomach feel like shit and make me fart a lot.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Energy drinks 2015-07-24 04:41:15

At 7/23/15 05:30 PM, Lagerkapo wrote: I don't eat it, but if I knew a couple of tough fighters were coming for me in two hours and I couldn't get out and was unable to get law enforcement to help me because I was in the middle of NOWHERE or in ganky ass africa and my friend offered me a pill of that genre, you KNOW I'd take it.

Yeah, I've heard Adderall is popular with cramming students for its stay-up-all-night-at-200%-power effect. I personally try to stay away from the stuff but I totally understand... We'd all have more time to study with an extra 8 hours in our day.