00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MiyuTheSceneGirl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy 7 and the gaming indu

1,119 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Why are they remaking this?

I understand it will get them money, I understand that people like the stupid amount of discs, I understand it's for nostalgic purposes, I understand people like the stupid fast turn based gameplay, I understand people like being stupid. I've grown to accept that people buy stupid games because it makes them have stupid fun because people like being stupid. That's just something I've grown to accept. I play Final Fantasy 7 and have stuck with Final Fantasy 7 because it is fun and stupid, and I feel as if Final Fantasy 7 has it right, Final Fantasy 7 can be so much and in the end it's just a dumb game that is fun. But why would someone think Final Fantasy 7 remake is fun, I understand it's not out yet so I can't say it's not fun or whatever, but it's obvious what kind of game it's gonna be. It's obvious it's just gonna be another shitty game like Final Fantasy 13 was.

I understand people like japanese storytelling for no reason, but, can we just stop and think, the stupid japanese story telling isn't what made it fun?

Final Fantasy 7 is what made Final Fantasy 7 fun, being a totally new game is what made Final Fantasy 7 fun, and still being a fun stupid game is what makes Final Fantasy 7 fun. Being a FAST PACED, EPIC, SLASH PUNCH BOOM BLOOD AND MATERIA ORGANIZING, isn't what's fun about Final Fantasy 7, just the pure simplicity at which you play the game is what makes it fun. Final Fantasy 7 remake will be bad because it's relying on being the original Final Fantasy 7 to be fun, it's not doing anything new, it's not innovating, it's standing on the shoulders of a giant.

Final Fantasy 7 remake will say, "I am Final Fantasy 7 so I must be fun." Which is incorrect, Final Fantasy 7 remake will be bad because it's trying so hard to be Final Fantasy 7 when Final Fantasy 7 is Final Fantasy 7. Final Fantasy 7 remake should try to be Final Fantasy 7, but instead it will be more of the same shit everyone loves, everyone just keeps shoveling the same shit into their mouths and they love it. They love the same game EVERY FUCKING COUPLE OF YEARS. The same game, The same game, The same game, The same game, The same game, The same game, The same game.

I understand you guys will just be dicks to me about this like...

"Just don't play it then."
"You just analyze to much."
"You really need to let it go."
But fuck it, the gaming industry is fucking stupid.

Final Fantasy 7 was great because it innovated in a great way, Final Fantasy 7 remake will obviously not. Everyone will love it all the same though, and none of this matters anyways.

None of this matters, thanks for reading.

Response to Final Fantasy 7 and the gaming indu 2015-06-18 22:39:52

At 6/18/15 09:07 PM, Cubone wrote: Why are they remaking this?

I guess they want to port it to about 5 systems multiple times and get people to buy everyone one of them again, then they might remake another of them.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy 7 and the gaming indu 2015-06-18 22:58:51

I have to agree on this as I don't care for most remakes (despite buying a few of my favorite PS2 games). All this is going to accomplish is raking in more money, which will let other publishers see how easy it is to make money without actually making new games. I understand that FF7 was a marvel for its time, but it's just that-- a marvel for its time. Nowadays there's really nothing special about it (save, perhaps, for the storytelling, but I don't think engaging writing has ever been SE's strong suit) and it'll just be a beacon for how successful remakes can be for no reason other than wanting to replay the game.

All that being said... I was going to suggest that this could be a way for people to experience the game if they've never played it and want to see what all the fuss is about, but that's ridiculous, considering how many platforms this game is already on.

Response to Final Fantasy 7 and the gaming indu 2015-06-19 00:11:02

Should they have voices in this game or should it be done all by text like the original? Or should they give you an option for that? Or maybe at times it will be text and other times voices?

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Final Fantasy 7 and the gaming indu 2015-06-19 00:22:43

At 6/18/15 09:07 PM, Cubone wrote: Why are they remaking this?

I understand it will get them money, I understand that people like

You obviously don't understand if you're wondering why they're remaking it. My guess is that it'll shatter all the previous records. Plus they'll be adding on to it.

I can just imagine the shit ton of work that will be going into it.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy 7 and the gaming indu 2015-06-19 08:10:56

Why are you making such harsh judgements based on a single, short trailer of a game you've never played?

At 6/18/15 09:07 PM, Cubone wrote:

But fuck it, the gaming industry is fucking stupid.

Just because you don't like a game (that you've never played) does not mean there's something wrong with people who do like it or with the industry itself.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy 7 and the gaming indu 2015-06-19 11:33:44

So in other words, people are stupid for wanting a remake that they have more or less demanded for years. This is the kind of butthurt that segments of the gaming fanbase get up in arms about for such petty reasons, they don't seem to understand that they have an option not to pick it up in the first place. The OP and folks like him need to realize that they are missing the forest from the trees when they get upset at game companies for sequelizing or remaking old games, which is generally due to fan demand.

I get that FF7 has been milked to death on so many levels, but when you have game critics who proclaim this to be one of, if not the best game ever and a fanbase that seems to be wanting more and more of it, it would be unwise to simply not give them what they want, especially when they've been whining about this for about a decade or so.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy 7 and the gaming indu 2015-06-19 12:18:51

Who cares if it's the same thing or not? Alot of people didn't play FF7, those with passing curiosity write it off because of how dated it is as far as graphical fidelity. I wouldn't mind playing the same game again but better. Fuck im the guy that owns two copies of every fighting game.

If anything I would like FF7 to show the industry how overworlds are done again. Not everything has to be gloomy. The games industry could take a scenic beach and fuck it up somehow (tomb raider) can't wait to see how vacation island and the underwater world work out.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

I think they should keep the same battle system. What do you think? Also, the one guy is right about people ignoring the original one because it's lego block type graphics(that I find cute). I gave a psx copy to my nephew and I'm pretty sure he didn't play much of it. I also gave him one of the rarer game strategies for it which I have like 6 copies of. This generation disrespects Final Fantasy VII and the previous versions before that. All they think about is Halo and Call of Duty. It's sad how this generation only thinks about graphics. Do I have a nice gaming rig to produce nice graphics in pc games? Yeah, but honestly I think I like some of the older games from the 80's compared to now a days. It takes more than shiny graphics to be a great game. I hope that they make a great revision/remake of Final Fantasy VII and that they don't rush to do it.

Response to Final Fantasy 7 and the gaming indu 2015-06-19 22:08:40

Hey guys, new news they also decided to reboot Hitman with the totally original title of "Hitman tm" which isn't annoying or confusing in the slightest and are demanding people pay to beta test their game for them and have pushed a preorder to 6 months before the game is released with barely any information.

So yea, Square Enix are continuing to be a horrible business. Doubt this surprises anyone though.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy 7 and the gaming indu 2015-06-20 00:32:42

I think FF7 is a nice game, but it's a little overrated. I personally think that FF6 is the best in the series. The main reasons this game is being remade is obviously because money, and also because of the large number of people who want this game to be remade. The Playstation 1's graphics have definitely aged, and I think if there was ever a game to remake it'd be FF7. I can play a Super Nintendo and appreciate the sprites because they still look fantastic. Playstation 1 however is a mixed bag. A lot of 3D games on the Playstation don't look so hot compared to the 3D models we have today.

You know what would be awesome? If they remade Final Fantasy VII in 2d sprites like snes graphics. I know someone made a fan-game of Final Fantasy VII using nes palettes but that game kind of failed a bit for me.

Response to Final Fantasy 7 and the gaming indu 2015-06-25 00:52:11

they'll fuck it up, its in Square Enixs nature. look at XIII and XIV (the first). plus they are gonna mess with the battle system I hope to god they don't put a XIII or a Kingdom Hearts style battle system in.

Response to Final Fantasy 7 and the gaming indu 2015-06-25 00:55:07

I think it's great when they decide to do the remake...the game is actually awesome, and of course, they surely earn more money when releasing this remake edition.

Response to Final Fantasy 7 and the gaming indu 2015-06-25 02:41:59

Did I say best? I meant it's my personal favorite. On the subject of graphics, I can play pretty much any PS1 classic and still have a good time.

I'm not that excited about the FF7 remake. People who are excited for it say that because this game is so important to so many people, and the fact that they're sick of the PS1 graphics, is the reason why there's a whole lot of hype. Given the hype and demand for a remake (as well as the promise of big bucks), this game is being made. And yes, good point there is a PC port, and yes it's about money. For Sony and Square Enix, what better game is there to remake that will benefit themselves?

I agree, most voice actors in video games will give you cancer.

Final Fantasy 7 was an innovation for the series but it's a fun game and it's just going to be fun seeing the characters, creatures, and places re-imagined in more detail opposed to the blocky PS1 graphic style.
Square Enix has remade several older FF games and everyone has wanted to see the first 3D one remade as well.

As for voices, they made that movie Advent Children and even if they hadn't I'm sure they had an idea of what they wanted the characters to sound like when speaking. In the PS1 era, many games didn't have voice dialogue so I'm sure FF7 remake will be fully voiced.
I'm going to cross my fingers and hope it's NOTHING like the 13 trilogy.
As for whether it will be any good, we can't decide that until it's finished.

Side note: OP's post makes them sound like an idiot.
Final Fantasy 7 is what made Final Fantasy 7 fun, being a totally new game is what made Final Fantasy 7 fun, and still being a fun stupid game is what makes Final Fantasy 7 fun. Being a FAST PACED, EPIC, SLASH PUNCH BOOM BLOOD AND MATERIA ORGANIZING, isn't what's fun about Final Fantasy 7, just the pure simplicity at which you play the game is what makes it fun.

You lost me here, I cannot understand what your point is. There's nothing fast paced about FF7 (at least not in my eyes) and hopefully the remake wont make it so.

Final Fantasy 7 remake will be bad because it's relying on being the original Final Fantasy 7 to be fun, it's not doing anything new, it's not innovating, it's standing on the shoulders of a giant.

Yes. That IS THE POINT OF A REMAKE. YOU'RE MAKING IT AGAIN, MEANING THAT THE SECOND TIME THE TECHNOLOGY WILL BE BETTER. Remakes ARE NOT meant to be innovative.
Innovation = a new method, product or idea.
Re- = again.
Adding innovation defeats the purpose of a remake. Also innovations don't just fall from the sky.

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy 7 and the gaming indu 2015-06-27 17:56:03

At 6/25/15 12:52 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: they'll fuck it up, its in Square Enixs nature. look at XIII and XIV (the first). plus they are gonna mess with the battle system I hope to god they don't put a XIII or a Kingdom Hearts style battle system in.

Yeah, I think so too. They won't even keep the battle system the same. They said they want different gameplay for a different experience. They are trying to change this game into an action game for this generation. They'll end up turning it into Batman and that isn't a compliment because then it loses what made it a great game to being with it's materia system. I think they should let you choose different ways to play it. With the original battle system or more like Batman Arkham Knight. Could they design they game to give you two different experiences by the users choices or is that too complicating to build a game with two different gameplay mechanics?