00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

#5 from Codename Kids Next Door

4,260 Views | 41 Replies

#5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 15:47:24

Remember Abigail Lincoln, better known as Numbuh 5 from the hit animated series Codename: Kids Next Door? She was probably the coolest female cartoon character to have ever been given air time on American, no wait, worldwide television. She was sassy, cool, witty, diligent, clever, and came up with great ideas and was an all around decent individual to her teammates and humanity in general.

She had a big sweet tooth but didn't let it interfere with her duties. She had the meticulously designed gadgets and did a lot of undercover work as a spy kid, and she really didn't get all of the credit she deserved. She was amazing and incredible not only as to entertain children, but influenced our youth to become just like her, and envision Abby Lincoln to be a role model. We would look up to her and think of Numbuh 5 as a mentor, even if she's just a cartoon on our TV screen.

I also felt bad for her sometimes because she was kinda underestimated by her friends and even picked on too much by the villians, which was very unfair because she was working day and night to assist the Kids Next Door and be an asset to her community, her friends, and her family.

Can we talk about how bad ass she was?

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 15:50:27

Overall I liked her, but I think her candy quest episodes (the Fourth Flavor, anything to do with the candy pirates, and anything to do with Heinrich) took themselves a little too seriously.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 15:58:58

what a terrible show. fuck

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 16:03:11

At 6/3/15 03:58 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote: what a terrible show. fuck

What.

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 16:14:23

At 6/3/15 04:04 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 6/3/15 04:03 PM, ArmisseaAvengers wrote:
At 6/3/15 03:58 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote: what a terrible show. fuck
What.
She's right. KND is terrible.

*bonk*

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 16:26:32

At 6/3/15 04:10 PM, Amaranthus wrote: The only show I really liked on Cartoon Network as a kid were Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Samurai Jack and Ben 10.

Ed Edd n Eddy was also pretty good

BBS Signature

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 16:29:12

At 6/3/15 04:28 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 6/3/15 04:26 PM, Clatform wrote:
At 6/3/15 04:10 PM, Amaranthus wrote: The only show I really liked on Cartoon Network as a kid were Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Samurai Jack and Ben 10.
Ed Edd n Eddy was also pretty good
This was my favorite show. Johnny Bravo was pretty funny too.

And Codename KND was funny and good too!

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 16:34:10

At 6/3/15 04:30 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 6/3/15 04:29 PM, ArmisseaAvengers wrote: And Codename KND was funny and good too!
It was garbage. Even a chimpanzee doesn't find KND funny.

Yet, it went on for six seasons and 130 something episodes, a few TV movies and specials, and I think they once considered doing a movie for theaters. Not to mention a few video games and a card game.

If it was so bad it wouldn't have lasted for so long (6 years, which only a few cartoons like EENE have lasted longer). Yes, people like you didn't like it, but many kids did, which is the reason why it was on for so long.

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 16:50:05

Black women will always be the coolest characters aside from the heroine, always.

BBS Signature

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 17:11:08

Never liked Codename Kids Next Door. It felt like it was trying way too hard to appeal to kids and I wasn't buying that shit when I was younger. I don't think it's aged particularly well either.

What an awful show.

wow haha ok there bud

My Music : Last.fm : My GoodReads : My Film Collection

BBS Signature

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 17:30:00

At 6/3/15 05:11 PM, Mechabloliver wrote: Never liked Codename Kids Next Door. It felt like it was trying way too hard to appeal to kids and I wasn't buying that shit when I was younger. I don't think it's aged particularly well either.

What an awful show.

Maybe because you're British.

Not saying that in offense, but different cultures sorta have different tastes. KND's humor was American oriented so I'm guessing it appealed more to Americans, although of course many Europeans, Canadians, etc liked it. I believe it also aired in some Asian countries and Mexico too.

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 17:40:10

At 6/3/15 05:30 PM, ArmisseaAvengers wrote: Maybe because you're British.

Not saying that in offense, but different cultures sorta have different tastes. KND's humor was American oriented so I'm guessing it appealed more to Americans, although of course many Europeans, Canadians, etc liked it. I believe it also aired in some Asian countries and Mexico too.

I don't think that would factor much into it because I loved many other Cartoon Network (Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab and Ed Edd N Eddy spring to mind) and Nickelodeon shows (Hey Arnold, Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life are still shows I frequently revisit for their sense of humour) at the time for their absurd senses of humour and they certainly felt more influenced by American humour since, y'know, they were produced in America. To each their own, of course; not everything will appeal to everyone.

wow haha ok there bud

My Music : Last.fm : My GoodReads : My Film Collection

BBS Signature

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 17:41:45

She was so cool!

#4 was my favourite character from the series but I agree that #5 was super Awesome :U

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 17:54:09

I hated this show as a kid because many of the jokes flew over my head. Now as an adult I can appreciate it for what it is, but the artstyle makes me want to vomit.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 19:28:28

Codename KND was great when I was a kid. Dunno how it'd hold up now. Cartoon Network's best shows will always be Courage the Cowardly Dog and Dexter's Laboratory, followed by Ed Edd n Eddy. Everything else pre 07 was at least tolerable.

Fuck Ben 10, fuck Adventure Time, fuck Gumball, fuck Flapjack, and anything else modern CN shits out these days.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Kids next door was one of the most influential cartoons I ever watched as a kid. It was pretty badass as a whole when I was a kid. I loved the idea of action and battle, not a lot gave me that. I rewatched some episodes a few years back and still loved it. Number 5 was one of the most important characters in the series.

Unfortunately I carry an inside perspective so I can't understand how much she has influenced me as a role model. I've lived life wanting to be me - and so far I can only see myself succeeding at it. There are many moral things I carry from those days so maybe I was influenced heavily by her but I'll never know - unless somebody points it out to me as I'm heavily biased.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

At 6/3/15 03:47 PM, ArmisseaAvengers wrote: She was sassy, cool, witty, diligent, clever, and came up with great ideas and was an all around decent individual to her teammates and humanity in general.

Childhood ruined.

she was also this character.

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 23:06:40

#5 was okay but #3 and #362 were the best

BBS Signature

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-03 23:31:01

It's funny because I was talking to some of my coworkers about KND and Numbuh 5 recently. We all reaches the same consensus that Numbuh 5 was the most bad ass character and Numbuh 2 and Numbuh 4 were tied for the funniest characters.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-04 00:19:12

At 6/3/15 07:28 PM, toxicdevil93 wrote: Fuck Ben 10, fuck Adventure Time, fuck Gumball, fuck Flapjack, and anything else modern CN shits out these days.

Wow look at that nostalgia bias.

At 6/4/15 12:19 AM, ThePulp wrote:
At 6/3/15 07:28 PM, toxicdevil93 wrote: Fuck Ben 10, fuck Adventure Time, fuck Gumball, fuck Flapjack, and anything else modern CN shits out these days.
Wow look at that nostalgia bias.

Well, Ben 10 is older than the rest of those shows, I just never cared for it. Flapjack I always just found to be CN trying to have its own Spongebob (a pretty bad idea in and of itself given the state of that series.) The Amazing World of Gumball is kinda the result of way too much LSD, meth, and every other narcotic in a desperate attempt to make a completely random show.
Adventure Time, admittedly is where I might not have seen enough to form an opinion, but it just looks stupid to me.

It's not really a nostalgia bias so much as, well, the shows just being worse. I mean... fucking Uncle Grandpa?
Teen Titans GO?

also that abysmal live action levelup show

Kill it WITH FIRE

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

BBS Signature

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-04 11:58:15

At 6/4/15 11:16 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 6/3/15 11:17 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 6/3/15 04:26 PM, Clatform wrote:
At 6/3/15 04:10 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
One of my childhood favorites was Courage the Cowardly Dog. That show used to creep me out as a kid.
I totally forgot about Courage. Loved that show.

Oh yes it was good

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-04 13:06:29

At 6/3/15 09:14 PM, PussyShark wrote: Childhood ruined.
she was also this character.

Damnit beat me to it.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-04 15:13:33

At 6/4/15 12:27 AM, toxicdevil93 wrote: Kill it WITH FIRE

That's definitely not fire...

BBS Signature

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-04 15:31:47

At 6/4/15 03:13 PM, poinl wrote:
At 6/4/15 12:27 AM, toxicdevil93 wrote: Kill it WITH FIRE
That's definitely not fire...

No. Kill it with fire is an expression. So is my head exploding at the thought of Uncle Grandpa.

BBS Signature

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-04 18:23:28

At 6/3/15 11:06 PM, Chocomilk wrote: #5 was okay but #3 and #362 were the best

Numbuh 3/Kuki was so cute and #362 was pretty cool and her voice is hot.

Fun fact: Seth MacFarlane's sister, Rachel MacFarlane, does the voice of #362, and her real name is Rachel Mackenzie.

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-04 21:14:47

As badass as she was she had nothing on #10

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-05 01:53:11

At 6/4/15 10:50 PM, Hoodie wrote: Numbuh 3 mofos.

Yes!

rainbow monkeys ftw

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-05 02:35:34

How can someone look at Numbuh 3 in this pic and not think she is a qt

Response to #5 from Codename Kids Next Door 2015-06-05 04:14:55

#4 was always my favorite because of how much of an angry asshole he was.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature