00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!!

17,780 Views | 359 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 11:46:08

All I can say is your bassline had better be the best one! *makes threatening gesture*

At 6/12/15 11:31 AM, JonathanMcglothlin wrote: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugm3hz0urmgx743/africa%20plain%20keys.wav?dl=0

Try that see what you think!

Here it is with the piano sound in the solo. I have to admit, I prefer it how it is now. Thoughts?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 11:49:46

Definitely with the natural piano!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 11:54:31

At 6/12/15 11:49 AM, Ceevro wrote: Definitely with the natural piano!

I think that means we can tag it with #allnatural #noeffects #nofilter now.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 11:56:12

At 6/12/15 11:54 AM, Step wrote:
At 6/12/15 11:49 AM, Ceevro wrote: Definitely with the natural piano!
I think that means we can tag it with #allnatural #noeffects #nofilter now.

#nofilter? Are you talking about my mouth now?

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 12:01:08

At 6/12/15 11:48 AM, Step wrote:
At 6/12/15 11:31 AM, JonathanMcglothlin wrote: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugm3hz0urmgx743/africa%20plain%20keys.wav?dl=0

Here it is with the piano sound in the solo. I have to admit, I prefer it how it is now. Thoughts?

Ermahgerd...YUS! That sounds so good.

At 6/12/15 12:01 PM, ChronoNomad wrote:

Ermahgerd...YUS! That sounds so good.

Happy to please!

I really enjoy doing this, lets me workout my other music muscles instead of just drums and singing.

Although I am happy with the drums I sent too...kind of a salsa thing going on Edrums into addictive drums are my favorite when the family is trying to sleep and daddy needs to play LOL.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 12:18:34

Happy to please!

I really enjoy doing this, lets me workout my other music muscles instead of just drums and singing.

Although I am happy with the drums I sent too...kind of a salsa thing going on Edrums into addictive drums are my favorite when the family is trying to sleep and daddy needs to play LOL.

Well, we're glad to have you on board! I know what you mean about working out the musical muscles. I think I've gotta do something on a different instrument. I'm just best at guitar, and it makes starting these things really easy - just give 'em a rhythm guitar and my less-than-perfect vocal, sit back, and watch the talent start streaming in!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 12:28:20

At 6/12/15 12:18 PM, Ceevro wrote:

Happy to please!

Well, we're glad to have you on board! I know what you mean about working out the musical muscles. I think I've gotta do something on a different instrument. I'm just best at guitar, and it makes starting these things really easy - just give 'em a rhythm guitar and my less-than-perfect vocal, sit back, and watch the talent start streaming in!

Well I'm being stay at home dad so, I have some spare time when my youngest (almost 5) is out playing with her friends in the backyard. I also have wicked insomnia (hence stay at home dad) so there are times when I just can't sleep so I work on my music.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 12:34:24

I wish I could stay-at-home dad. I've got two girls, myself, and providing for them and my wife is...well...my wife and I both work two jobs. I've usually got a few hours on the weekends, and that's about it. I do play in a local jazz band, so at least I get to keep up my skillz, such as they are.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 13:10:21

At 6/12/15 12:34 PM, Ceevro wrote: I wish I could stay-at-home dad. I've got two girls, myself, and providing for them and my wife is...well...my wife and I both work two jobs. I've usually got a few hours on the weekends, and that's about it. I do play in a local jazz band, so at least I get to keep up my skillz, such as they are.

Not really by choice at this point, I can't work if I can't sleep :(

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 13:17:36

Not really by choice at this point, I can't work if I can't sleep :(

I hear ya. I've got the opposite problem - I can't sleep 'cause I hafta work!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 16:24:10

The piano is much better. It sounds even better than what ToTo recorded. They should have gone natural piano too ;-)

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 16:29:12

At 6/12/15 08:55 AM, Ceevro wrote:
At 6/12/15 05:00 AM, Azhthar wrote:
At 6/11/15 11:07 PM, JonathanMcglothlin wrote: and a bass line that is basically a good facsimile of the original?:
Does that mean I don´t have to do a bassline anymore? That´s a pitty because now I was ready to record it...
Record it anyways, and we'll see how stuff can be chopped in.

Which seems to be leading us to have to add a new rule, here. I propose the following:

-You may record more than one part. However, should parts overlap, we reserve the right to drop parts, especially if the person submitting already has stuff in the song. We appreciate the effort, and will try to use everything...but we also wanna get as many people in these tracks as we can!

Is that a fair rule, people?

Sounds fair to me. I've submitted multiple vocal tracks with the express idea that what was needed would be used and what wasn't would be cut.

I'm considering a new Diva attitude though,.. "EVERYTHING I RECORD IS GOLD!!"

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 17:32:09

At 6/12/15 04:29 PM, seneka40 wrote: I'm considering a new Diva attitude though,.. "EVERYTHING I RECORD IS GOLD!!"

I think we should all elevate ourselves to Diva status and drive Ceevro completely up the wall! Who's with me?

At 6/12/15 05:32 PM, ChronoNomad wrote:
At 6/12/15 04:29 PM, seneka40 wrote: I'm considering a new Diva attitude though,.. "EVERYTHING I RECORD IS GOLD!!"
I think we should all elevate ourselves to Diva status and drive Ceevro completely up the wall! Who's with me?

Can I just diva it out over instruments and background vocals? I mean I can do them all myself. /rolleyes

Gigantic elephantine levels of sarcasm, matter of fact I think it was so much, it cracked my monitor.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 18:26:39

Hey, I just finished recording the bass. It actually took me some hours and I´m still not completely happy with it, but I think it won´t get any better, now. I think I got a bit rusted... At least I put on new strings after watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX6sX3AF1ks

For the rest it didn´t help actually. Anyway... I got a bit more tight after two beer. So next time more beer for recording ;)

@JonathanMcglothlin I´m sorry for your extra work on the bassline. I didn´t hear it but probably it´s a bit cleaner and tighter than mine... I hope it´s okay though. You keysolo is quite cool, actually. I just saw the new WIP.

I also wanted to say that you guys don´t have to use mine, since I wasn´t really in time and Jonathan came up with something a bit more early.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 18:34:26

At 6/12/15 05:32 PM, ChronoNomad wrote:

Oh crap...now I gotta go all Hollywood Producer on all the talent...

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 18:57:51

At 6/12/15 06:26 PM, Azhthar wrote: Hey, I just finished recording the bass. It actually took me some hours and I´m still not completely happy with it, but I think it won´t get any better, now. I think I got a bit rusted... At least I put on new strings after watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX6sX3AF1ks

For the rest it didn´t help actually. Anyway... I got a bit more tight after two beer. So next time more beer for recording ;)

@JonathanMcglothlin I´m sorry for your extra work on the bassline. I didn´t hear it but probably it´s a bit cleaner and tighter than mine... I hope it´s okay though. You keysolo is quite cool, actually. I just saw the new WIP.

I also wanted to say that you guys don´t have to use mine, since I wasn´t really in time and Jonathan came up with something a bit more early.

I think it sounds awesome. I will add it in and mix it properly when I find the time.

I meant to post this earlier but here: acapella so far. Really badass singing from everyone. It sounds phenomenal. @Ceevro @seneka40 @Rahmemhotep @ChronoNomad @JonathanMcglothlin pat yourselves on the back. You diva'd it real good.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 19:18:41

At 6/12/15 06:57 PM, Step wrote: I meant to post this earlier but here: acapella so far. Really badass singing from everyone. It sounds phenomenal. @Ceevro @seneka40 @Rahmemhotep @ChronoNomad @JonathanMcglothlin pat yourselves on the back. You diva'd it real good.

Hey! The acapalla version sounds awesome! Great job you Divas! Maybe I would cut a bit of the pauses but otherwise it really could stand on it´s own.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-12 19:24:42

Damn, that a capella sounds amazing! Almost like we knew what we were doing, or something equally absurd!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-13 11:22:50

Awrighty peoples! Seeing as this thing is starting to come together nicely, it's time to start feeding out some ideas for the next tune, so that I can learn the guitar part and first vocal. At this point, I've got a few ideas -

1. Rocketman - Elton John
2. Chandelier - Sia
3. Bubblegoose - Wyclef Jean
4. You Shook Me (All Night Long) - AC/DC
5. First Day Of Spring - Gandharvas
6. Superman Song - Crash Test Dummies

Those are my suggestions. They are all songs that I need a good deal of work on before being able to record, so it'll probably be a couple weeks before I get our choice laid down...unless someone else suggests something super-easy! What do you all think?

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-13 11:29:24

At 6/13/15 11:22 AM, Ceevro wrote:
2. Chandelier - Sia

AC/DC sounds awesome.
How is it about Beck - Looser or Chilli Peppers - Snow?

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-13 11:42:05

I think Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow and You Shook Me (All Night Long) - AC/DC are both great suggestions.

For something a little more... unexpected, maybe War would be a fun one too? No idea how that would translate as a campfire-esque song but I'd imagine it being a ton of fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-13 11:42:51

At 6/13/15 11:29 AM, Azhthar wrote:
At 6/13/15 11:22 AM, Ceevro wrote:
2. Chandelier - Sia
AC/DC sounds awesome.
How is it about Beck - Looser or Chilli Peppers - Snow?

I'm weirdly interested in doing Chandelier by Sia as a Sing-Along. That jam is always getting stuck in my head, as well as Titanium. Loser by Beck is also a fantastic suggestion, and I was just thinking the other day that it had a fantastic hook for our little Newgrounds Sing-Along project. I was also thinking that The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel would be another cool classic for us to cover. Or maybe Dust in the Wind by Kansas. So many ideas, so little time!

Who's ready for the first African instrument on the track?

I played an african nut shaker on it and sent it over to the email.

I'm not a very good percussionist, so forgive me a few slip ups in rhythm, @Step. It was difficult especially cuz I was playing to the most recent WIP when I shoulda been playing to just the guitar.

NOW SOMEONE PLAY UDU ON THIS THANG

@ChronoNomad Kansas? Come on go the extra mile and say Seven Bridges Road by the Eagles. lol

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-13 12:06:59

Woohoo! Some real percussion! (I always do the beat on the guitar...I find it really helps everyone stay together with the beat) I was just feeling a little lonely doing all the percs myself...on a guitar...

I like the ideas coming in so far! War would be one hell of a thing to make happen, but you're right - how on earth would we make it a campfire song? Sound of Silence would be ideal, and I'm a HUGE Simon and Garfunkel fan, but I think we should hold off on it for now (I'm sure we WILL be doing it later) just because we've already done Mrs. Robinson. Loser is a great tune, but the rap verses are kinda a vocal solo/rap thing. We'd actually have to name a single lead vocalist, and that single lead vocalist would have to be, well, not me. I don't sound even close to cool enough. We might enlist the help of @Sonicwombat to splice it together between several vocalists, like a real rap. Worth consideration. I know that @Seneka40 has been messing around with Chandelier, and I like the idea of singing a song with a female lead...we've been doing all songs from a dude's point of view. And everyone knows AC/DC...I just picked that song because I KNOW it moves crowds.

Let's keep the juices flowing here, people!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-13 12:08:05

Oh, and if we're doing the Eagles, it's gotta be Desperado!

At 6/13/15 11:49 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Who's ready for the first African instrument on the track?
I played an african nut shaker on it and sent it over to the email.

Oh, me! Me! I'm totally ready for that. Was hoping we'd have something awesomely authentic in the mix, so...well played.
(see what I did there?)

I'm not a very good percussionist, so forgive me a few slip ups in rhythm, @Step. It was difficult especially cuz I was playing to the most recent WIP when I shoulda been playing to just the guitar.

Y U DO DIS? I'm sure it sounds fine, man! We can't wait to hear you shake your nuts.
(so very sorry, but someone had to go there!)

NOW SOMEONE PLAY UDU ON THIS THANG

This is what popped into my mind the instant I read udu:

"You remind me of the babe."
"What babe?"
"The babe with the power."
"What power?"
"Power of voodoo."
"Who do?"
"You do."
"Do what?"
"Remind me of the babe."

@ChronoNomad Kansas? Come on go the extra mile and say Seven Bridges Road by the Eagles. lol

Oh my goodness, we would destroy Seven Bridges Road by the Eagles. Make sure you warm up your mandolin strings for that one! ^__~

Someone said something about drums?!

Drums you say??? I think I gotcha?

Yes, I use them all when I take the big kit out to play, which is not often mind you. Too much crap to haul LOL

Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!!