00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!!

17,665 Views | 359 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-17 23:14:49

At 6/17/15 09:46 PM, ChronoNomad wrote:
At 6/17/15 08:08 PM, Step wrote: Step gets asked for a WiP. Step delivers.

I'm not even sure what to say at this point. It's...it's...

THIS.

HAHA! I totally forgot about Strongbad!!!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-17 23:28:51

At 6/17/15 11:14 PM, Ceevro wrote: HAHA! I totally forgot about Strongbad!!!

How does one forget...Strongbad!? Heck, maybe we should do some Sing-Along collabs from the world of Homestar Runner! Such favorites as TROGDOR! "Burninating the countryside, burninating the peasants..."

I jest, but wouldn't that be a flaming boatload of Viking awesomeness? Yes. Yes, it would.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-18 01:04:57

Only real corrections I can offer is that the new Sleeper265 low vocal is a little too high in the mix...the other vocals are mixed in quite nicely...But GADDAMN, that be sounding good!

OH! Can we put a bit of delay on the marimba? Sounds just a tad mechanical at the moment, some delay might naturalize it a bit.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-18 01:08:34

On a happy side-note, I've got what I think is a reasonable rhythm guitar part pretty much down for Give A Little Bit, so recording should proceed right on time.

@Step: Are you almost ready to send this off to @Metalrenard for mastering? If so, I should probably start getting on the project page, so I'll need THE LIST of participants, so's I can invite 'em all to get their credit!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-18 01:11:51

And are we sure that Sleeper265 isn't, like...Matt Mulholland or some ridiculously talented like that? Dude's got INSANE range!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-18 06:22:27

At 6/18/15 01:08 AM, Ceevro wrote: @Step: Are you almost ready to send this off to @Metalrenard for mastering? If so, I should probably start getting on the project page, so I'll need THE LIST of participants, so's I can invite 'em all to get their credit!

I lied a little, I still have 4 more vocal tracks from Sleeper256 to add to the project. I was having trouble adding them in last night and it was getting late so I decided screw it. Technically, there are 22 vocal tracks right now, but there should be 26 in the next version!

Apart from that, I still have some vocal syncing to do (2:36 for example), and additional levelling/mixing. I also need to stereo-separate Sleeper's vocals.

Finally, I think @MetalRenard and @samulis want to record stuff for this.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-18 06:24:08

At 6/17/15 08:08 PM, Step wrote:

Keep in mind I added all this stuff quite late at night. Everything is still a work-in-progress (especially Sleeper256's syncing and leveling), but if you hear any weird harmonies, think something is too loud/quiet, or any other problem, it would help me immensely if you could point out where it happens!

Sounds INCREDIBLE @steph !

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-18 11:21:51

At 6/18/15 06:22 AM, Step wrote:
At 6/18/15 01:08 AM, Ceevro wrote: @Step: Are you almost ready to send this off to @Metalrenard for mastering? If so, I should probably start getting on the project page, so I'll need THE LIST of participants, so's I can invite 'em all to get their credit!
I lied a little, I still have 4 more vocal tracks from Sleeper256 to add to the project. I was having trouble adding them in last night and it was getting late so I decided screw it. Technically, there are 22 vocal tracks right now, but there should be 26 in the next version!

Apart from that, I still have some vocal syncing to do (2:36 for example), and additional levelling/mixing. I also need to stereo-separate Sleeper's vocals.

Finally, I think @MetalRenard and @samulis want to record stuff for this.

I'm not sure if I will have time or enough of an idea on what I want to do. It sounds pretty full already! I'll go next round! Go ahead and submit it after checking with Renard. :)

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-18 12:44:43

Just had the fright of my life.

Went to open the Africa FL Studio project file to check something, and it wouldn't open. It got corrupted. After a brief existential crisis I checked the automatic backup folder that FL saves backups in every 10 minutes. I found the version I was working on last night. Lost around 5 minutes of work but that's way better than the 27 hours of work I would've lost if I didn't have the backup.

I don't know whether to love FL for saving backups like that or hate it for corrupting my project file in the first place.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-18 12:54:01

At 6/18/15 12:44 PM, Step wrote: Just had the fright of my life.

Went to open the Africa FL Studio project file to check something, and it wouldn't open. It got corrupted. After a brief existential crisis I checked the automatic backup folder that FL saves backups in every 10 minutes. I found the version I was working on last night. Lost around 5 minutes of work but that's way better than the 27 hours of work I would've lost if I didn't have the backup.

I don't know whether to love FL for saving backups like that or hate it for corrupting my project file in the first place.

Wow, man! I am so grateful for the amount of time and effort you've put into these! I mean, I drop a few hours into the recordings and trying to keep everything as organized as I can (I'm trying! I've not got a lot of experience in this sort of thing), but almost a WEEK'S work into a single song? That's above and beyond, man!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-18 13:07:05

At 6/18/15 12:54 PM, Ceevro wrote: Wow, man! I am so grateful for the amount of time and effort you've put into these! I mean, I drop a few hours into the recordings and trying to keep everything as organized as I can (I'm trying! I've not got a lot of experience in this sort of thing), but almost a WEEK'S work into a single song? That's above and beyond, man!

It's really my pleasure. I'm just glad the project file was backed up. I don't know what I would've done if I lost it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-18 13:07:37

Yeah I still want to record for this on Saturday, don't forget me! lol

I don't like the next song so I will sit out on that one though, sorry folks. I just find it REALLY annoying. ^_^"

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-18 13:28:47

At 6/18/15 01:07 PM, MetalRenard wrote: Yeah I still want to record for this on Saturday, don't forget me! lol

I don't like the next song so I will sit out on that one though, sorry folks. I just find it REALLY annoying. ^_^"

Well, keep in mind that these songs change when performed by different people - you may find that it's more enjoyable than you remember!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-19 20:46:37

WiP #11

I've had this WiP sitting on my hard disk ever since I finished it last night so I figured why not just post it here. Very incremental changes, so you probably won't hear much difference.

1.) Brushed through all the vocals and fixed syncing! (if any parts sound out-of-sync tell me)
2.) Did some levelling on the vocals!
3.) Turned down Sleeper's low vocal and turned up his voice during the chorus!
4.) Stereo-separated Sleeper's vocals!
5.) Added subtle delay to the marimba!
6.) Turned down the reverb on the vocals and guitar!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-19 21:27:42

Outstanding! The only thing I keep noticing is that you fade out the super-high vocal from Sleeper on the last refrain...it sounds like he's still going, but it's like that's the only thing that fades out...did he start coughing or something?

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-19 21:35:05

At 6/19/15 09:27 PM, Ceevro wrote: Outstanding! The only thing I keep noticing is that you fade out the super-high vocal from Sleeper on the last refrain...it sounds like he's still going, but it's like that's the only thing that fades out...did he start coughing or something?

Hmm... It actually fades out in the audio file he sent me (due to his voice dying down naturally). What I can do is increase its volume as the note is being sung, to "offset" the fade, but at around 3:55 - 3:56 or so, the note ends, so I can't extend it any further than that.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-19 21:38:24

At 6/19/15 09:35 PM, Step wrote: What I can do is increase its volume as the note is being sung, to "offset" the fade

Like this.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-19 21:38:50

Huh...so he did the fade IRL then? That's actually pretty cool...

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-19 21:39:41

At 6/19/15 09:38 PM, Step wrote:
At 6/19/15 09:35 PM, Step wrote: What I can do is increase its volume as the note is being sung, to "offset" the fade
Like this.

Yes, that's much better. Sound like the note ends, instead of fades.

At 6/19/15 09:39 PM, Ceevro wrote: Yes, that's much better. Sound like the note ends, instead of fades.

Yeah, agreed.

At 6/19/15 09:38 PM, Ceevro wrote: Huh...so he did the fade IRL then? That's actually pretty cool...

I think so, anyway. It's a pretty convincing fade, so if he didn't pull it off IRL then perhaps he added it in himself for whatever reason after recording that take.

I know Sleeper lurks this thread now and again so maybe if we shout his name loud enough he'll make a Newgrounds account and post in here to satisfy our curiosity.

SLEEEEPERRRRR. WAKE UP. I KNOW YOU'RE SEEING THIS.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-19 21:51:41

He's probably Matt Mulholland incognito. That's the only way I can explain the range on the guy.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-20 10:55:23

Hey guys, remember me? I finally recovered from my illness and my college work so I'm able to record some vocals for this one if you're willing to wait one or two more days! I would love to take part in this collab but sadly I could barely speak for a ery long time, let alone sing. :(

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-20 13:46:26

At 6/20/15 10:55 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Hey guys, remember me? I finally recovered from my illness and my college work so I'm able to record some vocals for this one if you're willing to wait one or two more days! I would love to take part in this collab but sadly I could barely speak for a ery long time, let alone sing. :(

Aw no worries. Go right ahead! If you can get it done sometime today/tomorrow/Monday that'd be perfect. Glad you're feeling better.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-20 13:51:50

At 6/20/15 10:55 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Hey guys, remember me? I finally recovered from my illness and my college work so I'm able to record some vocals for this one if you're willing to wait one or two more days! I would love to take part in this collab but sadly I could barely speak for a ery long time, let alone sing. :(

Glad to have you back! I'm assuming your voice has gone full Louis Armstrong, right?

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-20 16:50:22

Ugh I have to confess I failed with Africa. I went along and sang for a few hours but I just couldn't get it right.
I will master it as promised but my voice won't be in this one, sorry guys.

T-T

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-20 18:08:35

At 6/17/15 08:08 PM, Step wrote:
At 6/17/15 01:47 PM, Ceevro wrote:

1.) Sleeper256 vocals added! That's twelve more vocal tracks. I repeat. Twelve more vocal tracks. This brings our total vocal track count to twenty-six, which is exactly double our previous high score on To Be With You.
2.) @JonathanMcglothlin marimba and Latin percussion added!
3.) Drum fills tweaked!
4.) @Azhthar bass fills at the start removed, and a single clashing note in the solo changed! (requested)
5.) Miscellaneous mixing changes!

Sounds awesome! Thanks a lot and sorry for my late input. Can´t wait to hear the final version...

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-21 09:39:35

Hey guys, just an update...my gig ran longer than I thought it would, so I have to delay recording until Tuesday or Wednesday for the next singalong. Apologies, but life, ya know?

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-21 14:05:04

At 6/21/15 09:39 AM, Ceevro wrote: Hey guys, just an update...my gig ran longer than I thought it would, so I have to delay recording until Tuesday or Wednesday for the next singalong. Apologies, but life, ya know?

Do what you've gotta do, man. You're not forced to adhere to any kind of set schedule for recording or anything, and that's just the way life works. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-21 16:24:14

Just sent my vocals to @Step!

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #4!!! 2015-06-21 18:51:19

OK, I received @LiquidOoze's vocals, and also a whole bunch of instruments from a Redditor! I'm going to add them all in and we can finally wrap this up :).

BBS Signature