00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

XToriToriX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why does Newgrounds still exist

6,752 Views | 52 Replies

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2015-05-27 02:26:34

At 5/27/15 01:52 AM, Lionelion wrote:
At 5/26/15 04:25 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/26/15 04:22 PM, MrObamius wrote: It's old no one visits it anymore.
Newgrounds already does everything those sites do and allows artists, musicians and developers to meet and collaborate.
Immediately shot down, by the creator of the site no less! Awesome job, Tom, you sure put him in his place!

ARE WE TALKING ABOUT TOM FULP??

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2015-05-27 06:48:02

At 5/26/15 04:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: More like... Why would anyone want to juggle accounts on Steam, DeviantArt, YouTube and SoundCloud when Newgrounds already does everything those sites do and allows artists, musicians and developers to meet and collaborate?

yes. Thank you for keeping this shit alive. I need this place to feel grounded.

BBS Signature

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2015-05-27 07:00:26

At 5/26/15 04:22 PM, MrObamius wrote: It's old no one visits it anymore.

There are hundreds of new accounts everyday, they'd all disagree.

Want to play games? Go to Steam.

So you'd rather pay 50 bucks for an apple than get a free one?

Art? Deviantart.

1 out of 1000 submissions on DA are actually good.

Animations? Youtube.

A lot of the animations on Youtube are on Newgrounds as well.

Music? SoundCloud.

Never used it.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2015-05-27 07:28:45

...And the Worst Troll Attempt Of The Year 2015 award goes to...

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2015-05-27 08:06:37

GOD WILLS IT

Noggleton is so cool lol

BBS Signature

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2015-05-27 10:27:41

At 5/27/15 12:59 AM, ChickenChips wrote: when adobe drops support for macromedia flash is that goin to be the final nale in the coffin?

We already dropped support for Adobe, which is why we promote so many games and movies now that aren't made with Flash.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2015-05-27 15:42:46

This site is the best site ever.
Plus NG doesn't have restrictions like those other sites.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2015-05-28 00:25:41

probably because of supporters. people who fling cash at NG ..that always helps to keep it afloat.

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2015-05-29 09:56:31

dont know

website used to be nice but every single "flash" is neither made in flash or made by a company
everything is sponsored, nothing is really funny, most crews died and great artists i knew moved on

BBS Signature

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2015-05-29 10:09:04

At 5/26/15 04:22 PM, MrObamius wrote: It's old no one visits it anymore. Want to play games? Go to Steam. Art? Deviantart. Animations? Youtube. Music? SoundCloud.

HEY! I met my GIRLFRIEND on newgrounds, now i havn't see her face coz she can't afford a webcam (they're really expensive where she is) and the one time I talked to her she may have had a deep voice BUT that was coz she was ill. And when she said "I wanna put my dick in you" SHE meants vigina, I get those tweo confused all the time!

...but yeah...thanks newgrounds...

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2015-05-29 12:09:16

Why did you visit it?

BBS Signature

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2015-05-29 12:29:20

Because newgrounds is an awesome site to go to.

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2015-05-29 12:31:15

At 5/26/15 05:26 PM, snickity wrote:
At 5/26/15 04:22 PM, MrObamius wrote: Animations? Youtube.
Hahahahahaahaaaaa
no, wait, you're serious? the website where you can only survive if you do shitty game grumps, Fnaf or other fananimation or sell yourself to some famous youtuber to animate one or two of his clips? Man, you don't know shit.

because the flash portal isn't flooded with shitty game grumps, fnaf and other ripoff animations

but yeah, lol OP

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2015-05-29 16:30:33

At 5/26/15 04:22 PM, MrObamius wrote: It's old no one visits it anymore. Want to play games? Go to Steam. Art? Deviantart. Animations? Youtube. Music? SoundCloud.

If I want to play games I come to this site because I don't have to empty my pocket just to find a good game. That and I don't have to download NewGround games either

Ricky

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2015-06-01 00:42:40

Cause Perfect Kirby" is exclusively on NG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnTIVVa-2RE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr3KA8gdods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuhxrgHablY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri7m1XZ9ZSE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kFPM3sZ2WA

Oh wait... damn pirates.

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2021-03-15 07:50:56

It's paradise!

Netherbrine5902

BBS Signature

Lets see...

You can post anything on newgrounds that is web games, animations or CGI films, musics and digital art, so you doesn't need a bunch of accounts to post these

everything here is noted by everyone, your work will always be noticed from lots of people then websites like youtube or itch.io, big youtubers and creators like Egoraptor, PuffballsUnited, Alan Becker, Meat Cannon and among others and others grew up here, you hardly going to be noticed if you post on big websites like deviantart, youtube or soundcloud, the best pieces of content that i found on those websites only got 15-20 likes while a more "mature" content got 1K (the internet is incredible)

if you like to participate on competitions or collabs you will love newgrounds because it has game, animation, music and art jam with incredible long time prizes and the collabs are so amazing that in time the collab goes for 1-2 million views on youtube the zelda cdi reanimated as a example

medals and trophies are a thing that newgrounds has but itch does not

BBS Signature

Want to play games? Go to Steam. Art? Deviantart. Animations? Youtube. Music? SoundCloud.

and thats the problem you will have a bunch of accounts, newgrounds you can do any of these stuff on a single profile while on those websites...

DeviantArt: You only receive mature content and ponys in there

Steam: is great but you have to pay a big charge of money to put your game in there

Youtube: only the worst shit enters in there

Soundcloud: people likes to download musics, a thing that this website does not have

BBS Signature

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2021-03-15 11:09:22

Steam.

Malware.

Deviantart.

Eye rape in a box.

Youtube.

That's just eceleb central.

SoundCloud.

Copyright trolls everywhere.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2021-03-15 14:40:10

At 5/26/15 04:58 PM, Zerodecoole wrote: This is my favourite childhood site and it was the original YouTube and SoundCloud, it's an Awesome site and there are a lot of talented and underrated people on this site.

Almost wanted to poast this again just to realise I already did half a decade ago, lol

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2021-03-15 14:45:50

At 3/15/21 07:50 AM, Netherbrine5902 wrote:
It's paradise!

I am beginning to really hate necromancers.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2021-07-25 10:28:16

we in 2021 and you think it was old in 2013 :y

Response to Why does Newgrounds still exist 2021-07-25 11:00:05

Well, I like Newgrounds more than all of those other things so I'm gonna keep using it.

Froggo is always watching.

I'm going to shit your pants

[Pronouns are they/them btw]

BBS Signature