00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do you like Obama?

2,711 Views | 43 Replies

Response to Do you like Obama? 2015-05-17 09:17:40

I just _______. Thanks Obama.

Response to Do you like Obama? 2015-05-19 17:52:07

At 5/16/15 07:35 PM, DJ-Ri wrote:
At 5/16/15 06:44 PM, Makakaov wrote: And why?

And after you answer, here's a little reminder for you.
No. Here's 1,063 reasons why.

This.

But the Obama circlejerk is already far underway. Millions of people saying "Hurr durr first black president!" outnumber those who know that he's taking away the rights of the people.

The history books will remember him as a hero because his skin is dark. Anyone who challenges this story will be called a racist.

At 5/16/15 10:01 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Definitely no love for him, but nobody wants to say anything positive either.

You guys should have seen these forums circa 2006. It was day and night, bushbushbushbushbushbushbush

The mods even had to make an official bush topic but it still wasn't enough to curb all the hate.

"The last thing I ever wanted was to be alive when the three most powerful people on the whole planet would be named Bush, Dick and Colon." ― Kurt Vonnegut

Response to Do you like Obama? 2015-05-19 17:57:00

People hate him because he's black.

He's reached his goals for the election and surpassed them in fact. How fucking much can you complain about honestly

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like Obama? 2015-05-19 20:02:00

He's okay I guess.

Response to Do you like Obama? 2015-05-19 21:52:38

I like Obama because our world today is marvelous, it's a wonderful time to be alive.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like Obama? 2015-05-19 22:08:12

He's alright. I think he gets a lot of shit for things that either weren't his decision or beyond his control, but he's a figure-head, just like all POTUS before him. I'm annoyed when people think of him as the anti-christ or otherwise demonize him.

In the wake of George W. Bush and staring some serious issues in the face, I appreciate his sense of humor, too. I appreciate what he represents to the black community as well, I just wish he had more cooperation from his political peers.

It hasn't been the best presidency, its nowhere near the worst, and all I can hope is whoever gets elected in 2016 is more productive in a positive way for us all. I just want shit to get better for Americans.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like Obama? 2015-05-20 07:13:28 (edited 2015-05-20 07:18:14)

At 5/19/15 05:24 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 5/16/15 11:46 PM, Raab wrote:
You are probably the same sort of person who blames the knife, not the serial killer.
this analogy is the part i see a need to chime in on..

it's not a binary thing, there are more factors in a massacre than a serial killer and his weapon.

i'd blame the system for not being ready to treat the killer's obvious illness personally.

you can blame whoever you want.... but you are missing the point.

A knife is an inanimate object that can be used for both good and bad.

I have a drawer with about 20 knives in my house.... why? because they are a staple eating utensil.

The person using the knife determines whether or not it is used for good or for bad.

If someone used my knives to murder someone..... it would make no sense to blame the knives.

....so by the same token..... why would you blame a useful and helpful act of congress for leaving the door open for an unconstitutional surveillance program?

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like Obama? 2015-05-20 07:21:09 (edited 2015-05-20 07:21:39)

At 5/20/15 07:18 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote: but it's not the fault of the murderer either. it's the illness that matters.

hence why i said it's not binary. what your point was is irrelevant to my issues with the way you posed the statement.

I never implied that it was the serial killer, and instead merely implied that choosing to blame the knife instead of the serial killer is fucking retarded.

Blaming a serial killer can have its merits.

Blaming a knife means you are autistic.

...also if you take anything out of context its not going to make sense, you foolio.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like Obama? 2015-05-20 07:24:08

I don't know...
What has he done for your country?
I don't keep up with politics because daily living is terrible enough as is.

I just heard somewhere that Obama is indeed Osama. I don't know, maybe.

Response to Do you like Obama? 2015-05-20 07:33:16

At 5/20/15 07:26 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote: "instead of" is the part i have the biggest problem with. you never needed to mention the killer in the first place if the knife is your intent.

the sort of person to anthropomorphize a knife is indeed stupid. no argument there. but why mention the killer at all if what makes a person stupid is putting the knife on trial?

....I need you to clarify if what you are indeed implying is that a serial killer can never be at fault?

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like Obama? 2015-05-20 07:48:06

At 5/20/15 07:44 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
so no, it's not the killer's fault. it's nobody's fault in the end. i suppose even the system couldnt have predicted these killers would snap in some cases.

....so are you saying... A person should never be held responsible for his own actions?

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like Obama? 2015-05-20 07:57:00 (edited 2015-05-20 07:57:25)

At 5/20/15 07:53 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 5/20/15 07:48 AM, Raab wrote:
....so are you saying... A person should never be held responsible for his own actions?
responsibility has nothing to do with it.

are they a continued threat to society? if not, i see no reason to continue holding someone even if they were a world enemy like adolf hitler or osama bin laden. not that i can imagine such a person being successfully captured alive in the first place.

actions, terrible though they may be, are events of the past. the reason we hold them is so they cant do it again in the future.

Take a thief's right hand for stealing, and he will think twice about it next time.
Take a thief's other hand for stealing again, and he is not going to be stealing anything else.

an eye for an eye and the world will be blind.

Yes, killing a murderer is somewhat silly imho.

But that doesn't mean you cant imprison a murderer to keep him out of trouble if he is inclined to be a repeat offender.

If you don't learn from the past, you are bound to repeat your mistakes.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like Obama? 2015-05-20 08:06:43

At 5/20/15 08:01 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
But that doesn't mean you cant imprison a murderer to keep him out of trouble if he is inclined to be a repeat offender.
no argument there. but once he's no longer so inclined, turn em loose. research into rehabilitation is needed.

...but he still committed the original murder.

If you want to blame society.....
Do you expect authorities to step in before something actually happens?

Have you ever seen Minority Report?

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like Obama? 2015-05-20 08:21:29

At 5/20/15 08:19 AM, Hoodie wrote:
At 5/19/15 09:58 PM, ZeroDown wrote:
When have you cared about anything?
You sound like my dad.

What if he secretly was your dad?

BBS Signature