00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

qamar123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting

9,286 Views | 67 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello voice actors of NG! I'm running a big project in honor of NG's 20th anniversary right now, known as The CTSG Collab. The project involves NG musicians, animators, developers, artists, writers, but not yet any voice actors! Want to be involved? You can!

I've prepared a list of 25 characters. There's at least one character for every year between 1999 and 2014, 18 of which can talk. I've made sure most of them have somewhat interesting personalities. Other factors that influenced my choices were based on their popularity and also on gender. You'd be surprised how hard it was to decide on girl characters.

You might be wondering why the list is limited to 25 characters, so let me explain: The project will have a menu. As you can see, it's nowhere near to being finished right now, I'm still working on it. But once the menu is done, it is time to fill every room with interactive Newgrounds characters! Every animator involved with this project (25 in total) will be asked to pick a Newgrounds character from the list. They will then be told in what room their character resides, and they will then animate their character of choice within that room. Here's the trick though: All of these characters will react when they are clicked. That's where you guys come in!

===

RULES:
- Make sure your mic doesn't suck. Quality recordings please!
- Every voice actor picks one character he/she feels most comfortable with. If it's already taken, you may want to pick someone else.
- Making up different voices for a character is not allowed, with the exceptions of Tankgirl and Pico. Nobody really knows how they sound. Needless to say, chocolateman has a computer voice, so his lines don't have to be recorded.
- I recommend getting familiar with the character's personality. A little research may really help with your tonation.
- Make sure to record the appointed lines. If you're feeling creative, I allow you to add other phrases to your character. Who knows, I might pick them over my own!
- If you sign up for this project, please don't waste my time. Record and upload your file within the same week.

SPREADSHEET

===

A little footnote: At some point I may switch characters within this list for others. If - for example - one character just never gets picked because he/she is extremely unpopular, then I may switch that character for a different (possibly mute) character. Hopefully none of that will be necessary. Another reason may be that a lot of female voice actors sign up for this project. If there are no other characters left for them to voice, I may switch a male character for a girl's and vice versa.

Alright then. I think that covers just about everything :)

Let's get started!

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-15 22:12:35

I'll be PMing lines for Leo and Satan's and Salad Finger's parts by the end of the weekend. Thanks for the opportunity and I hope you like one of them

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-15 22:20:08

Sounds awesome! I'd love to give Kenstar a shot, here's a recording for his line from the spreadsheet:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/624548?updated=1

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-16 07:24:32

At 5/15/15 10:12 PM, ultimablade wrote: I'll be PMing lines for Leo and Satan's and Salad Finger's parts by the end of the weekend. Thanks for the opportunity and I hope you like one of them

Neat, looking forward to it!

At 5/15/15 10:20 PM, slapper1 wrote: Sounds awesome! I'd love to give Kenstar a shot, here's a recording for his line from the spreadsheet:

Awesome stuff! Thanks for contributing!

===

Shoutout time!

Voice Actors Who Showed Interest In Doing An Anniversary Project:
@feircedeity64, @FGIJonC, @FullmetalCombine, @jenninexus, @SailorSilverStar, @SvenDay, @tomutwit, @Zerodecoole
People Who Might Be Interested In Joining, According To VicariousE:
@Piper, @SirUndead
Voice Actors I've Worked With In The Past:
@Chongo, @codeblackhayate, @Eddache, @headphoamz, @Jonas, @SketchEffect, @TomBanks

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-16 08:43:05

Yeah I'm down for whatever, totally.

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-16 09:25:43

Sounds great!

By not making up voices, do you mean that we have to use our own natural voice?

At 5/16/15 08:43 AM, SirUndead wrote: Yeah I'm down for whatever, totally.

Cool!

At 5/16/15 09:25 AM, Zerodecoole wrote: Sounds great!

By not making up voices, do you mean that we have to use our own natural voice?

It means you don't make up your own voice, but re-enact the original voice to the best of your ability.

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-16 11:08:43

At 5/16/15 07:24 AM, Whirlguy wrote:

Shoutout time!

Voice Actors Who Showed Interest In Doing An Anniversary Project:
@feircedeity64, @FGIJonC, @FullmetalCombine, @jenninexus, @SailorSilverStar, @SvenDay, @tomutwit, @Zerodecoole

Thanks for the shoutout ^_^ <3

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-17 09:00:14

At 5/16/15 11:08 AM, SailorSilverStar wrote: Thanks for the shoutout ^_^ <3

No problem!

At 5/16/15 03:59 PM, ultimablade wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/624657
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/624651

Hey man, that's great! I've put you down for Leo and Satan.

At 5/16/15 06:36 PM, FGIJonC wrote: I totally forgot I said anything about this, haha! Thanks for the shoutout. I'll try to throw up a clip or two. My mic is fine, my recording environment isn't the greatest at the moment. Plus my work schedule is weird and whathaveyou.

Cool, we'll see how it turns out then :)

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-17 22:47:29

Well, my faux-british accent isn't the greatest, otherwise I would of tried out for all the male characters.
https://soundcloud.com/mrnekomata/collab

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-18 08:53:10

May have to go ahead and give this a shot.....

E

BBS Signature

Now that, I think about it... @VicariousE himself was interested in joining too :)

At 5/17/15 10:47 PM, geist-seig wrote: Well, my faux-british accent isn't the greatest, otherwise I would of tried out for all the male characters.

Hmm, I guess I could put you with Blockhead. Could you enable downloading please?

At 5/18/15 08:53 AM, Chongo wrote: May have to go ahead and give this a shot.....

Hey man, good to see you. Please do! :)

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-18 17:35:18

At 5/18/15 04:17 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Now that, I think about it... @VicariousE himself was interested in joining too :)

At 5/17/15 10:47 PM, geist-seig wrote: Well, my faux-british accent isn't the greatest, otherwise I would of tried out for all the male characters.
Hmm, I guess I could put you with Blockhead. Could you enable downloading please?

At 5/18/15 08:53 AM, Chongo wrote: May have to go ahead and give this a shot.....
Hey man, good to see you. Please do! :)

I mean, I can straight up email it to you if you so wish. Still I can always do re-dos if needed.

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-18 19:11:50

Looks like a cool project! I just sent you a PM with some takes for Fernando. Hope they work for you.

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-18 19:30:02

At 5/18/15 05:35 PM, geist-seig wrote:
I mean, I can straight up email it to you if you so wish. Still I can always do re-dos if needed.

If you're willing to send it to me via PM, that's very welcome. Also, if you're not satisfied with your current recording and you'd like to try again, that's fine with me.

At 5/18/15 07:11 PM, Noves wrote: Looks like a cool project! I just sent you a PM with some takes for Fernando. Hope they work for you.

Nice! Thanks for contributing :)

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-18 21:04:52

I'm considering in doing this kind of project, but I need a little bit more time to think about it. Do you think you can provide some recordings from the character's show that you have in the spreadsheet? Just so we know the sound we need to make for the characters. If not, then a little more research wouldn't hurt.

"How well does a dancing light flicker, when the air breathes a gusty tune."

~ a late night thought ~

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-19 20:03:04

At 5/18/15 09:04 PM, ChineseBoar88Prod wrote: I'm considering in doing this kind of project, but I need a little bit more time to think about it. Do you think you can provide some recordings from the character's show that you have in the spreadsheet? Just so we know the sound we need to make for the characters. If not, then a little more research wouldn't hurt.

Most of those phrases were made up, so I couldn't provide any audio segments. I hope those links to the series will suffice.

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-20 07:13:21

Yeeee Shoutouts! Thanks! And cant wait to see it!

BBS Signature

At 5/16/15 11:08 AM, SailorSilverStar wrote: Thanks for the shoutout ^_^ <3
At 5/20/15 07:13 AM, FullmetalCombine wrote: Yeeee Shoutouts! Thanks! And cant wait to see it!

It's not just a shoutout. I was kind of hoping you guys would find the time to join ;)

===

Here's progress:

Male Voices:
01. [ Download ] - Open ( Larry )
02. [ Download ] - @Noves ( Fernando The Manwhore )
03. [ Download ] - @geist-seig ( Blockhead )
04. [ Download ] - Open ( Detective Nwar )
05. [ Download ] - Open ( Edd Gould )
06. [ Download ] - Open ( Salad Fingers )
07. [ Download ] - Open ( Catface & Boxcat )
08. [ Download ] - @ultimablade ( Leo & Satan )
09. [ Download ] - @slapper1 ( Kenstar )
10. [ Download ] - Open ( Icky )
Female Voices:
11. [ Download ] - @PastelSkelita ( Zone-Tan )
12. [ Download ] - Open ( Kerigan )
13. [ Download ] - Open ( Miss Dynamite )
14. [ Download ] - Open ( Tankgirl )
15. [ Download ] - Open ( Zoe )
Voices That Could Be Male Or Female:
16. [ Download ] - Open ( Pico )
17. [ Download ] - Open ( Crippled Boy & Chocolate Man )
18. [ Download ] - Open ( Foamy )

Spreadsheet: LINK

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-20 22:22:14

At 5/20/15 05:56 PM, Whirlguy wrote:

It's not just a shoutout. I was kind of hoping you guys would find the time to join ;)

Who do you want me for? ^_^

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-21 06:11:22

At 5/20/15 10:22 PM, SailorSilverStar wrote: Who do you want me for? ^_^

I was hoping you could voice one of the girl characters on the list.
Kerrigan, Miss Dynamite and Zoe are all well-known newgrounds characters so I hope you can make them sound similar to the original. Tankgirl is just a female version of the Tankmen characters. Her voice is unknown, so that one may be the easiest to pull off. I provided links to the series for reference, and added a spreadsheet which contains lines for each character.

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-21 10:30:34

At 5/21/15 06:11 AM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 5/20/15 10:22 PM, SailorSilverStar wrote: Who do you want me for? ^_^
I was hoping you could voice one of the girl characters on the list.
Kerrigan, Miss Dynamite and Zoe are all well-known newgrounds characters so I hope you can make them sound similar to the original. Tankgirl is just a female version of the Tankmen characters. Her voice is unknown, so that one may be the easiest to pull off. I provided links to the series for reference, and added a spreadsheet which contains lines for each character.

I think Ill try for Tankgirl and Zoe for the LIFE of me I cant find audio for Dynomite or Kerrigan to listen to

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-21 17:40:28

Here you go Whirl ^_^

Tankgirl and Zoe auditon

If youd like me to try anything different for them let me know. I wish I had paid more attention I wouldve love to of tried for Zone!!! Funny enough I did audition for her in the beginning and even got a 2nd call back! Sadly I didnt get it but DAMM IT WAS FUN TRYING!!! lol That was also waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before i joined newgrounds and got this awesome yeti ^_^

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-21 22:09:13

Wicked! Id love to!

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-22 15:45:07

At 5/21/15 05:40 PM, SailorSilverStar wrote: Here you go Whirl ^_^

Fantastic! I love both of these a lot! Although Tankgirl should probably speak up. I'm planning to add music/noises from the ambience, and I'm afraid nobody will be able to hear what she says.

If youd like me to try anything different for them let me know. I wish I had paid more attention I wouldve love to of tried for Zone!!! Funny enough I did audition for her in the beginning and even got a 2nd call back! Sadly I didnt get it but DAMM IT WAS FUN TRYING!!! lol That was also waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before i joined newgrounds and got this awesome yeti ^_^

Haha that's a pretty cool story. Too bad it was already taken... again ):

At 5/21/15 10:09 PM, FullmetalCombine wrote: Wicked! Id love to!

Please do! What character are you interested in voicing?

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-22 18:53:05

At 5/22/15 03:45 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 5/21/15 05:40 PM, SailorSilverStar wrote: Here you go Whirl ^_^
Fantastic! I love both of these a lot! Although Tankgirl should probably speak up. I'm planning to add music/noises from the ambience, and I'm afraid nobody will be able to hear what she says.

No worries! ^_^ If you hire me for her, or them, i can go louder for the final takes ^_^

Hallo. I wanna be Foamy. Or Larry. Or both. However the dice roll. You prefer it submitted here on Newgrounds or elsewhere?
You will have the audition(s) mere minutes after I know.

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-24 12:16:32

At 5/23/15 07:07 AM, Midgettoe wrote: Hallo. I wanna be Foamy. Or Larry. Or both. However the dice roll. You prefer it submitted here on Newgrounds or elsewhere?
You will have the audition(s) mere minutes after I know.

Since you're interested in doing either, could you try for both? I don't really mind where you upload the audio to. Aslong as I can download it, it'll be fine.

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Voice Acting 2015-05-25 01:45:13

Took longer than mere moments, but it is done!