00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

cant see my art in art!

766 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

cant see my art in art! 2015-05-15 09:25:15

today i uploaded(for the 1st time)around 5 art photos but i cant find them when i browse the art category,it is like they are private what should i do to make them public?!

Response to cant see my art in art! 2015-05-18 02:07:09

you also need to actually be the one who drew your art, and be somewhat ok at drawing.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to cant see my art in art! 2015-05-18 02:12:19

At 5/18/15 02:07 AM, Template88 wrote: you also need to actually be the one who drew your art, and be somewhat ok at drawing.

im just trying to learn photoshoping and colourize,sadly i cant find the creator to give him the credits and take the rights!

Response to cant see my art in art! 2015-05-18 03:14:14 (edited 2015-05-18 03:15:01)

Sorry but as long as you are taking other peoples art and photo shopping it without making decent original content or giving credit you will never be able to post in the public gallery. Even if you gave credit and also somehow got the rights to it it still wouldn't be acceptable.

The only solution to this is to get decent at drawing your own original art.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to cant see my art in art! 2015-05-18 20:15:43

At 5/18/15 02:12 AM, sergioira wrote:
At 5/18/15 02:07 AM, Template88 wrote: you also need to actually be the one who drew your art, and be somewhat ok at drawing.
im just trying to learn photoshoping and colourize,sadly i cant find the creator to give him the credits and take the rights!

You can't do that. That's just wrong... Morally reprehensible, even. Fan art is one thing, but photoshopping someone else's work? For shame...

Response to cant see my art in art! 2015-05-21 13:36:11

At 5/18/15 08:15 PM, theclassybutler wrote:
You can't do that. That's just wrong... Morally reprehensible, even. Fan art is one thing, but photoshopping someone else's work? For shame...

it still falls under fair use, plus more likely than not it was just used for practice and hence he was not making any profit out of it, specially if its a fanart, so i don't see what the big issue is...

buuuut yea, dude you have to at least credit the original publisher, it may not be something big enough of a case to sue you over but at least do it as a sign of respect

Response to cant see my art in art! 2015-05-24 00:40:24

At 5/21/15 01:36 PM, AANNIIMMAAKKSS wrote:
At 5/18/15 08:15 PM, theclassybutler wrote:
At 5/18/15 02:07 AM, Template88 wrote:
it still falls under fair use, plus more likely than not it was just used for practice and hence he was not making any profit out of it, specially if its a fanart, so i don't see what the big issue is...

buuuut yea, dude you have to at least credit the original publisher, it may not be something big enough of a case to sue you over but at least do it as a sign of respect

I agree that it may not be a big enough issue for someone to sue someone else over, but if you can't even so much as credit the original artist, then you're morally wrong, unless you LITERALLY can't credit them, i.e. the original piece disappears, etc. To me, it's a moral issue. Not being able to do your own work and just using someone else's (not counting using references, after all, my pieces come out differently from the source material anyway) work, with no credit? No. That's unacceptable to me, and I can't stand people doing that.