00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

If you were a sith lord...

979 Views | 22 Replies

If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-13 13:28:02

and your commanding officer of your forces just announced that they failed thier task.
How would you handle the situation?

Would you execute him/your unit?
Would you punish him/your unit?
Would you forgive him/your unit?

Would you go full psychopath, or would you handle the situation with reason and pragmacy?

known facts.

+Your unit has one of the best military scores in the Empire
+Your unit/ commanding officer have ammased positive reputation in the military and the empire for thier outstanding service records.
+ They never failed thier mission before, but they are adherents of the imperial perfectionism and they currently feel like trash now, despite thier many victories.

I will write my own answer when I get back home, mom forgot to buy bread, now its my mission to get it.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-13 13:31:17

I'd stick my lightsaber in his butthole.

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-13 13:36:46

Well, given their background, I would likely forgive them. If, however, there was a better candidate for the job, I would have to...relieve the commander of his duties.

BBS Signature

I guess forgive them since they have such a good track-record.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

I would humilate the general by making love to your mom in front of him and entire universe, while you sob and eat bread.

Idk if I would even need mind control.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

It all depends on what happened.

If the commanded force was negligent or acted with incompetence I wouldn't be afraid to decimate them, If my officers acted incompetently or gave unclear and conflicting orders, I find would who it was, or who caused it and punish them with either demotion, or execution depending on what happened, If my orders where not clear I would find out how, act to prevent it in the future and apologize to my men.

If they acted competently, listened to their orders, and didn't really make any mistake, and failed due to the enemy having the advantage, I would not punish them, make better orders, and find more intelligence assets.

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-13 15:19:14

At 5/13/15 03:13 PM, NippleManOfMilk wrote: If someone I assigned to a job is failing at it, it means they're unsuited for the task. I'd take them off the job and put them somewhere their skill set could be better used. No reason to waste resources.

I'd make them imperial trash collectors or janitors.

It's all in the execution.

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-13 19:20:33

Get better units.

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-13 19:29:10

If I were a sith, I would aknowledge thier past success and give them a chance to redeem themselves in my eyes.
I wouldn't execute them, because for me, killing them would be like cutting my own fingers and thus reducing my own efficiency and power. I would seek power not only to become strong and independent, I would also work to improve the empire and support those who want to do the same. I would frown upon those sith who prey on thier own people, because for me it would be a sign of weakness and that is why I would continue to support this team & the commander, because I believe in unity.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-13 19:40:07

At 5/13/15 01:28 PM, Deshiel wrote: and your commanding officer of your forces just announced that they failed thier task.
How would you handle the situation?

I'd force them to dance to this. If their dancing is satisfactory, they are forgiven. If not, they are to be thrown into space itself.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-13 23:31:58

He(she)'d be recreating Mr. Hands.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-15 02:55:45

Did you ever thing sith lord, just might be an anagram for shit lord?

You're welcome

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-15 03:13:20

But im already a shitlord!

GAMES ARE BAD, THEY MAKE YOU MAD, GAMES ARE BAD, THEY MAKE YOU MAD, GAMES ARE BAD, THEY MAKE YOU MAD, GAMES ARE BAD, THEY MAKE YOU MAD, GAMES ARE BAD, THEY MAKE YOU MAD.

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-15 03:15:36

At 5/13/15 02:58 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: If I were a Sith lord, I would wear a hooded robe made out of a certain textile fabric.

Spandex.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-15 04:37:34

At 5/13/15 01:28 PM, Deshiel wrote: I am a sith lord. Mom forgot to buy bread.

what are you even

At 5/13/15 01:28 PM, Deshiel wrote: Would you go full psychopath, or would you handle the situation with reason and pragmacy?

The latter. Going mad with bloodlust is sometimes useful in a fighter, but it is not something on which an empire can subsist.

How I would react depends on how badly they failed, at what, and why.

The failure of subordinates is both a delicate situation and a fantastic opportunity, particularly for a Sith. The Force is excellent for interrogation and manipulation. The ability to strangle people from miles away has an excellent psychological impact, no doubt, but mortal terror will only get you so far, and with a group like this where they're valiant and driven by pride, it's not the most effective tool available.

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-15 05:36:26

At 5/13/15 01:36 PM, LeeSteevens wrote: Well, given their background, I would likely forgive them. If, however, there was a better candidate for the job, I would have to...relieve the commander of his duties.

duties

If you were a sith lord...

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-16 00:10:22

Minor discipline action.

If they really screwed the pooch I'd probably demote the leader of the squad.

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-16 00:58:29

Make them count to 1000 while fending off tigers with only spears. They have no guns or lightsabers. A spotlight would be on one soldier at a time who must say the next number. If they don't immediately say a number or if they say the wrong number or if they stutter or if they say anything that is not a number, the counter is reset, everyone has to start over, except even more tigers are released. Anyone who speaks out of turn is glued to the floor so good luck surviving like that.

If they fail 5 times in a row then a random section of the floor becomes electrified and which section this is will change every minute. They can optionally remove the electric floors each time they are activated by deciding who should be flung out to deep space sans space suit.

If they kill all the tigers before counting to 1000 then everyone becomes glued to the floor and they must play rounds of explosive hot potato until they either successfully get to 1000 or there are no more troops due to all being exploded.

If anyone cheats (for example throwing a tiger into deep space) then the rest have 30 seconds to take out the cheater or all are crushed by smashy ceiling. For each cheater they have an additional 30 seconds, but all must be dealt with in the timeframe as well as tigers.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-16 01:08:57

Realistically, executing my soldiers for failures would only breed violence against me within my armies. If my entire army were too rebel against me and gang up on me, I wouldn't stand much of a chance. Violence breeds violence, why else do you think that protesters turn into angry rioters if police swing the first hit? Do you think they're merely going to stand down because they're police? Um, no, so I wouldn't expect my ranks to stand down merely because I have force knowledge.

BBS Signature

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-16 01:22:13

At 5/16/15 01:08 AM, Monster-64 wrote: Realistically, executing my soldiers for failures would only breed violence against me within my armies. If my entire army were too rebel against me and gang up on me, I wouldn't stand much of a chance. Violence breeds violence, why else do you think that protesters turn into angry rioters if police swing the first hit? Do you think they're merely going to stand down because they're police? Um, no, so I wouldn't expect my ranks to stand down merely because I have force knowledge.

Well, we are assuming you are a lord of sorts. So you'd be powerful enough to single-handedly destroy your entire force if you wanted to, and they know it. They can only rebel if they think they have a chance of succeeding. I mean you'd be a Sith lord so it's dark side powers so who knows what powers you have but we can assume it's at least good enough to fend off your entire army if need be.

Maybe you can generate an incredibly effective force shield or maybe you just play the whole telekinesis game but you're basically god-status compared to your men.

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-16 01:36:12

At 5/16/15 01:22 AM, NeonSpider wrote: Well, we are assuming you are a lord of sorts. So you'd be powerful enough to single-handedly destroy your entire force if you wanted to, and they know it. They can only rebel if they think they have a chance of succeeding. I mean you'd be a Sith lord so it's dark side powers so who knows what powers you have but we can assume it's at least good enough to fend off your entire army if need be.

Maybe you can generate an incredibly effective force shield or maybe you just play the whole telekinesis game but you're basically god-status compared to your men.

Well, I'm mostly assuming that I'm an average Sith lord with basic knowledge of the force, like electricity, force choke, mind tricks and telekinesis and probably something else I'm missing. You do raise up some good points, though. I also admit I don't know a lot about star wars. However, if I proceed with the executions of my warriors who dedicate their lives and service to me, not a lot of people will enlist in my army. I sure as hell wouldn't enlist to any army where if I fail, I'd be executed! And a small army isn't enough to maintain a galactic empire.

Even if I'm as hypothetically powerful as Darth Sidious, I would want my army to respect me in terms of me not being a tyrant who executes his men, but as a leader and decent imperial administrator.

BBS Signature

Response to If you were a sith lord... 2015-05-16 02:01:18

At 5/16/15 01:36 AM, Monster-64 wrote: Well, I'm mostly assuming that I'm an average Sith lord with basic knowledge of the force, like electricity, force choke, mind tricks and telekinesis and probably something else I'm missing. You do raise up some good points, though. I also admit I don't know a lot about star wars. However, if I proceed with the executions of my warriors who dedicate their lives and service to me, not a lot of people will enlist in my army. I sure as hell wouldn't enlist to any army where if I fail, I'd be executed! And a small army isn't enough to maintain a galactic empire.

Even if I'm as hypothetically powerful as Darth Sidious, I would want my army to respect me in terms of me not being a tyrant who executes his men, but as a leader and decent imperial administrator.

I guess we have to ask how did you become a Sith lord though? I mean you must have done some pretty messed up stuff at least at some point to get there. And not just standard-fare dark-side stuff either or you'd just be another lackey rather than lord status.

A powerful tyrant can attract certain types of people. You wouldn't have a difficult time finding new recruits to replace those fallen, although everyone would backstab you if they thought they could, given the chance. But if your men keep failing that might hurt your reputation so you can't afford to have too many failures.