00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hiya folks!

So, I used to be a big user of NGAP Radio. Being able to hear random songs from the Audio Portal (without needing to go back to the web page and type in "www.newgrounds.com/audio/random") and add some to favorites and such was super great.

However, NGAP radio has not worked for me for quite some time now. I looked around for anything else that would do the same stuff, but of everything I've found, it either hasn't worked, or hasn't provided the same level of functionality as NGAP Radio.

Is there a reason I can't get this to work? Is it still working for other people? Is there an alternative out there?

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Radio? 2015-04-21 17:35:13

I suppose that works. However, most of the capabilities I'd like (i.e. skipping songs, favoriting songs for later download, seeing a history) aren't there.

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Radio? 2015-04-22 02:33:32

At 4/21/15 05:35 PM, trekopep wrote: I suppose that works. However, most of the capabilities I'd like (i.e. skipping songs, favoriting songs for later download, seeing a history) aren't there.

It'll come in time.

Response to Newgrounds Radio? 2015-04-22 12:02:58

I assume it stopped working because there's been some change to the AP API, from which it fetches all info. Seems a few of these radio gadgets fetch their tracks the same way... here's at least one that works:

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Radio? 2015-04-22 13:50:15

At 4/22/15 12:02 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: I assume it stopped working because there's been some change to the AP API, from which it fetches all info. Seems a few of these radio gadgets fetch their tracks the same way... here's at least one that works:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/552629

That was another one I tried. It certainly comes a bit closer to what I want, but the fact that you can't go to different points in the song, as well as the fact that the music loops (which means you need to go back to the game again to switch songs) kills it for me.

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Radio? 2015-04-22 14:29:17

At 4/22/15 12:02 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: I assume it stopped working because there's been some change to the AP API, from which it fetches all info. Seems a few of these radio gadgets fetch their tracks the same way... here's at least one that works:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/552629

That one doesn't work for me.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Radio? 2015-04-23 01:20:52

At 4/22/15 01:50 PM, trekopep wrote: That was another one I tried. It certainly comes a bit closer to what I want, but the fact that you can't go to different points in the song, as well as the fact that the music loops (which means you need to go back to the game again to switch songs) kills it for me.

Yeah, valid critique! Might be worth reaching out to the authors for the gadgets that aren't working that you want to use, if they're still active they could probably fix the issue... if you haven't tried that already. The NG radio does seem like the best working alternative atm!

At 4/22/15 02:29 PM, Radaketor wrote: That one doesn't work for me.

Did you try entering an ID, or clicking the 'random audio' button?

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Radio? 2015-04-23 05:07:16

At 4/23/15 01:20 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Did you try entering an ID, or clicking the 'random audio' button?

I did yesterday and it didn't work, it kept saying it was loading over and over again, now it works for whatever reason.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature