00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!!

9,240 Views | 170 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-20 21:30:53

Awwwwwwwrighty, my wonderful peoples! The first Sing-a-Long collab was a resounding success, thanks to @step, @Ramenhotep, @Metalrenard, @Camoshark, @Darrenkerwin, @Sonicwombat, and @Robsoundtrack, and Seneka (not on NG...yet). For those of you who missed out on it, here's the completed track:

And in view of how damn awesome we all sounded, we were all talking about doing another one, even before the first one was done! As such, I am delighted to announce that I shall be leading another Sing-A-Long! The song chosen this time was Summer of 69, by Bryan Adams. I shall be recording a rhythm guitar, and a sample vocal. Should you choose to participate, the rules are simple:

-Opt-in on this thread.
-Download the raw tracks that I will be placing in a dropbox and linking to this Saturday.
-Record your addition. This MUST BE an acoustic performance. We want a .wav file, if possible. You may sing, play an instrument, or even just snap your fingers. The more voices the better!
-Place a link to a downloadable file in an e-mail to myself, nearlyinvulnerable at yahoo dot ca.
-Step has offered to do the production, yet again (woohoo!).
-Then we get the bitches.

So...who's ready to rock once again?

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-20 21:53:05

IN!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-20 22:11:47

At 4/20/15 09:30 PM, Ceevro wrote: @Ramenhotep,

I'm in, but I gotta tell ya, your @s aren't working for me 'cuz you keep missing the 'H' and 'M' in raHmeMhotep.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-20 23:19:19

At 4/20/15 10:11 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
At 4/20/15 09:30 PM, Ceevro wrote: @Ramenhotep,
I'm in, but I gotta tell ya, your @s aren't working for me 'cuz you keep missing the 'H' and 'M' in raHmeMhotep.

HAHA! Sorry 'bout that!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-20 23:41:37

I've gotta say, you guys put together one heck of a track -- bonus points for covering Mrs. Robinson! Really solid guitar playing (teach me Ceevro!), wonderful voices and wicked production. Summer of '69 is a real doozy of a song. I'm half-tempted to participate this time 'round, but to be honest, my vocals really aren't up to snuff. Looking forward to hearing this next one for sure. :)

If you have a moment, check out some of my work:

[Music here on Newgrounds] [Soundcloud]

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-21 00:00:38

At 4/20/15 11:41 PM, Neon-Bard wrote: I've gotta say, you guys put together one heck of a track -- bonus points for covering Mrs. Robinson! Really solid guitar playing (teach me Ceevro!), wonderful voices and wicked production. Summer of '69 is a real doozy of a song. I'm half-tempted to participate this time 'round, but to be honest, my vocals really aren't up to snuff. Looking forward to hearing this next one for sure. :)

Well, for starters, if you want guitar tutorials, look up my FB page, Ceevro's Guitfiddle on Facebook. I've got LOTS of tutorial vids there. Second, this isn't about singing like a pro (we went through multiple revamps until we got the right sound, and Step is really one HELL of a sound guy! Even made ME sound good), but about getting lots of voices involved. You only get that big, fat mix when you've got the sheer numbers to make it happen! If there are parts that are a bit off, we can deal with that. What we can't deal with is not enough voices!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-21 05:34:08

What Ceevro said. Whoever has passable recording equipment and enough confidence should totally give it a spin.

Again, I'm going to go ahead and @ anyone who I can think of that may be interested in singing or playing to Summer of '69!

@etherealwinds @TroisNyx @headphoamz @etelik @ZipZipper @midimachine @DivoFST @hania @garlagan @Kor-Rune @Wolftacular @ChronoNomad @Lich

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-21 05:59:57

At 4/21/15 05:34 AM, Step wrote: Again, I'm going to go ahead and @ anyone who I can think of that may be interested in singing or playing to Summer of '69!

@etherealwinds @TroisNyx @headphoamz @etelik @ZipZipper @midimachine @DivoFST @hania @garlagan @Kor-Rune @Wolftacular @ChronoNomad @Lich

Remind me what song that is again? Before I think of how my voice or my drums will contribute...

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-21 06:07:23

At 4/21/15 05:59 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 4/21/15 05:34 AM, Step wrote: Again, I'm going to go ahead and @ anyone who I can think of that may be interested in singing or playing to Summer of '69!

Remind me what song that is again? Before I think of how my voice or my drums will contribute...

It's by Bryan Adams. Here's a link.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-21 06:12:31

At 4/21/15 06:07 AM, Step wrote:
At 4/21/15 05:59 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Remind me what song that is again? Before I think of how my voice or my drums will contribute...

If (and that's currently a big if) I'm able to record this, I might just hold off on the percussion... It's just, no drum kit = no hard rock feeling = a lot of the song would feel wrong. No?

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-21 06:31:20

Wow, another one? That sounds great! Too bad I can't join, I have a terrible mic and bad musician skills. But I'll give my support to you all. Good luck!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-21 09:52:53

At 4/21/15 06:12 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 4/21/15 06:07 AM, Step wrote:
At 4/21/15 05:59 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Remind me what song that is again? Before I think of how my voice or my drums will contribute...
If (and that's currently a big if) I'm able to record this, I might just hold off on the percussion... It's just, no drum kit = no hard rock feeling = a lot of the song would feel wrong. No?

Well, we're looking to sing along here, not redo exactly what Bryan Adams did now, aren't we? I mean, to start with, I'm using an acoustic guitar instead of an electric. If I wanted to sound exactly like Bryan Adams, I'd just toss in a CD!

Your drums are more than welcome, is what I'm saying.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-21 10:23:54

Did someone say Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams? Oh, yeah. I am so in.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-21 14:28:06

Well, looks like we've got some interest! Welcome aboard, all!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-21 14:34:04

You had me at 'bitches'. Count me in!

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-22 17:07:19

I'd love to join but I'm a terrible singer! I could play and record the lead parts on my acoustic guitar if you want :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-22 18:20:39

I would love to be in!

At 4/21/15 05:34 AM, Step wrote: What Ceevro said. Whoever has passable recording equipment and enough confidence should totally give it a spin.

Again, I'm going to go ahead and @ anyone who I can think of that may be interested in singing or playing to Summer of '69!

HELLO STEP <3

Here's my little go at it.
https://soundcloud.com/garlagan/summah69/s-oUmsA
@Ceevro Let me know which part i should do, if you don't mind my funny accent.
It'd be fun to participate!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-22 20:59:16

At 4/22/15 08:44 PM, garlagan wrote:
Here's my little go at it.
https://soundcloud.com/garlagan/summah69/s-oUmsA
It'd be fun to participate!

Nice pipes, garlagan! I knew you were a good singer from your work in the NGADM; this is great!

If you have a moment, check out some of my work:

[Music here on Newgrounds] [Soundcloud]

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-22 21:40:26

I am going to Kazoo the shit out of this. And probably sing. And play melodica. I'm not quite sure yet if I'm being honest. BUT I'M IN!

Check out my pages!

Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-22 22:09:03

At 4/22/15 08:59 PM, Neon-Bard wrote: Nice pipes, garlagan! I knew you were a good singer from your work in the NGADM; this is great!

Cheers Brandon!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-23 00:38:39

Glad to see all the interest in this one! I'll be posting the link to the rhythm guitar and my own humble vocal...sith all the people who say they wanna play instruments, I think I'll leave a section in place for soloing!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-23 08:03:07

At 4/22/15 08:44 PM, garlagan wrote: HELLO STEP <3

YES. So glad you can take part.

At 4/23/15 12:38 AM, Ceevro wrote: Glad to see all the interest in this one! I'll be posting the link to the rhythm guitar and my own humble vocal...sith all the people who say they wanna play instruments, I think I'll leave a section in place for soloing!

Here's an idea I've had for the track for a while now: The lead guitar melody that plays right after "best days of my life" is sung should totally be overlaid with vocal harmonies ("doos" or something I don't know). Something like this, if you don't mind my synthy scat vocal patch.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-23 08:07:43

At 4/23/15 08:03 AM, Step wrote: Here's an idea I've had for the track for a while now: The lead guitar melody that plays right after "best days of my life" is sung should totally be overlaid with vocal harmonies ("doos" or something I don't know). Something like this, if you don't mind my synthy scat vocal patch.

Yeah that sounds cool! Maybe somebody whistling it too :)

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-23 13:40:23

Goes without saying - I'm in. :)

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-23 17:05:09

I would have been in if I didn't hate the song :P (Triggered, gated snares; and I've just heard it too many times.) Kind of bummed I missed the opportunity to participate on Mrs. Robinson... Step could have turned my vocal track WAAAAAY down in the mix, which probably would have been best for everyone! :D

Looking forward to hearing "NewGrounds Sings Bryan Adams", though.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-24 00:33:08

Did somebody sayyyyyy solo sections???

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-25 00:19:23

I'd like to jump in on this one, it seems like fun :)

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-25 13:29:25

AWRIGHTY THEN!!!

I just did the initial recordings. They are laid down in AAC encoding, which I'm told is the same encoding used for CDs...because my DAW doesn't do .wav files. If needed, I can turn them into .mp3s though.

I have included a rhythm guitar, a vocal, and the pre-made drum loop I used as a click track (which will not be in the final recording, but really helps with keeping precise rhythm. I recorded in the key of D, so the chords for the verse are D and A. The chords for the chorus are Bm, A, D, G. The chords on the bridge are F, Bb, C.

@Step: It's time to get to work, buddy!

Here is the Dropbox link to get the files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xcf8fwlppcs62cn/AAALZp0nbQvTJRigos1Lc_pla?dl=0

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-25 13:33:03

OH! And before I forget, I have included a full verse/chorus with no vocal, so we have room for solos. If you're up to it, I encourage you all to solo for the full solo section, and we can splice/cut/screw around with the individual solos to create one big solo. @Step, I think you should happily take all the best solo sections from completed solos and mix them to your taste...I trust ya!

In Step we trust.