00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TecNoir just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Life is an adventure

2,493 Views | 53 Replies

Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 03:59:35

Girlfriend recently broke up with me in order to pursue an online relationship with a dude who used to be my best friend even before I knew her.

It's a long story, but the TLDR is that we've been together for 10+ Years, and she no longer has romantic feelings for me And now the two of them are mad about each other. Also we still live together and are trying to maintain a very strange friendship where we still have sex and watch movies/play games together.

When I'm not gritting my teeth trying not to focus on the two of them talking to each other, I spend my time trying to eliminate my negative qualities in hopes that she'll realize what she's missing out on before they meet each other in 6 months.

Life is hard friends, in this case its even harder because I'm too stubborn to give up.

Have any of you ever made any great transitions in your lives? I'm a pretty quiet guy. I ramble a lot and suck at telling stories. If someone wants to become my life coach towards being a better more entertaining person to be around I'm all ears.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 04:02:27

Life sure is hard, my coffee was too hot this morning.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 04:07:01

At 4/20/15 04:02 AM, Zerodecoole wrote: Life sure is hard, my coffee was too hot this morning.

bummer friend, did you burn your tongue?

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 04:27:14

At 4/20/15 04:22 AM, Cordyceps wrote: literally cucked

Is this a 4chan thing? I've been seeing it everywhere.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 04:29:48

At 4/20/15 04:20 AM, Vixuzar wrote: Just find a new hobby like animation, music, art
I began drawing 3 years ago and it all started as a hobby but look at me now
this "hobby" changed my life from a shitfest of crap and awkwardness into the exact opposite i can tell you the whole the whole story but it's really boring... so i'll just skip and say... begin with something new

I've quit most of my hold habits, which is usually playing league of legends all day or idling on the internet. Spent the first day after it happened just cleaning for 4 straight hours without breaks. Since then I've adopted a lot of better habits.

I might give art another try, it's just really slow going.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 04:56:34

Life is fucking annoying. I feel like murdering everyone right now

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 06:06:35

At 4/20/15 04:07 AM, Dart3055 wrote:
At 4/20/15 04:02 AM, Zerodecoole wrote: Life sure is hard, my coffee was too hot this morning.

Yup, I added some extra milk.
Sometimes you just have to add milk to your life and calm down.

Lactose free milk if you're me.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 06:14:40

First rule, give up on chasing women that arent worthy of your time. If she wants to give up 10+ years on a relationship, then that says alot about her. The fact that you guys are still having sex makes me think she's enjoying playing you. Some girls thrive on that kinda shit

My suggestion move out/kick her out, if you're not faced with here everyday it'll make it easier for you to get over her and find someone that truly deserves you.

Also if this is a troll thread well fucking played

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 08:31:42

Sure is and death is the reward

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 08:44:57

Your girlfriend sounds shitty

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 09:45:51

Guys, I don't want to scare you... but...

The climate is falling to shit, California is almost completely out of water, wars continue, people are dying in various horrible ways... and this one guy lost his girlfriend.
DON'T EVERYONE FREAK OUT.

When I'm not spouting bullshit, I'm actually dead serious.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 10:24:15

At 4/20/15 04:27 AM, Dart3055 wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckold

And both @Cordyceps and @FoAngel are correct.

You're letting her get away with all of the rewards (ie. both fucking you and being in a relationship with Internet guy) without any of the responsibilities (ie. keeping the relationship going).

You're being used as a human dildo in this situation. She cares about you as much as she cares about one of her dildos. At one time, you may have been important to her, but now you're on the same order of importance to her as one of your cum rags is to you.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 10:52:34

After I had moved in with my grandparents back in highschool, I pretty much thought this would be my the rest of life; chilling out at my grandparents' house, playing video games and eating junk food all day. Once I graduated they started to get on my ass about having a job. I thought they were just nagging for the sake of nagging. Little did I know my parents were paying them to support me, and once I turned 21 they would stop.
Sometime around last semester I got in a argument which started over me not offering my them some of my sub (even though they don't like philly cheese steak, it was still rude of me to not offer them any. I don't fucking know, I think they just wanted to argue about something), which derailed into this whole thing about me becoming spoiled rotten. When they told me I had to move back with my parents, I thought my life was over, but I adapted surprisingly fast. I'm mainly independent. Since everything I need is within walking distance or a bus ride, I have no need for a car. I still haven't found a job, but I should have one before the summer.

It is.

But if you two are still having sex, then it's Mr. Online Guy who's being cucked.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 11:25:27 (edited 2015-04-20 11:26:31)

@Chdonga Props man.

Uhh, -ahem- , I've had a near-death experience before; that was pretty trying. A traumatic relationship, or two; major identity crises, suicidal depression, problems with my art, and worrying about the future, before. Somehow it all worked out and I'm a better person because I motherfucking adapt.

Agreed, on the life is awesome thing.

Life's fucking amazing. Being a conscious part of reality, and all.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 19:30:51

At 4/20/15 06:06 AM, Zerodecoole wrote:
At 4/20/15 04:07 AM, Dart3055 wrote:
Yup, I added some extra milk.
Sometimes you just have to add milk to your life and calm down.

Lactose free milk if you're me.

I can't drink tea or coffee without it, I'm a bit of a bitch. Good metaphor though.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 19:33:15

At 4/20/15 06:14 AM, FoAngel wrote: First rule, give up on chasing women that arent worthy of your time. If she wants to give up 10+ years on a relationship, then that says alot about her. The fact that you guys are still having sex makes me think she's enjoying playing you. Some girls thrive on that kinda shit

My suggestion move out/kick her out, if you're not faced with here everyday it'll make it easier for you to get over her and find someone that truly deserves you.

Also if this is a troll thread well fucking played

I wish it was a troll thread friend.

I've thought about moving out, in the moment that was priority 1. I felt betrayed and lied to after what happened. But after a lot of alone time I decided I had two options.

Move away and hope she misses me, deal with never getting to see her again, an hopefully move on.

Or stay here and try to show her I'm more than she thought I was until she meets the new guy. See if I can't change her mind before then.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 19:36:57

At 4/20/15 08:44 AM, BanditWoolyBear wrote: Your girlfriend sounds shitty

I'm kinda shitty too, we've both made mistakes. She considers this taking her life in the right direction, one where she'll really be happy.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 19:40:42

At 4/20/15 10:24 AM, Bit wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckold

And both @Cordyceps and @FoAngel are correct.

You're letting her get away with all of the rewards (ie. both fucking you and being in a relationship with Internet guy) without any of the responsibilities (ie. keeping the relationship going).

You're being used as a human dildo in this situation. She cares about you as much as she cares about one of her dildos. At one time, you may have been important to her, but now you're on the same order of importance to her as one of your cum rags is to you.

Thanks for explaining that, I honestly didn't know if it was a true definition or just some meme taken form.

I don't think she feels im completely worthless, the night I tried to leave on a permanent note. She ended up crying a lot at the thought of never seeing or hearing from me again. I ended up changing my mind and came back many hours later. So here I am.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 19:46:32

At 4/20/15 11:25 AM, Ghoti wrote: @Chdonga Props man.

Uhh, -ahem- , I've had a near-death experience before; that was pretty trying. A traumatic relationship, or two; major identity crises, suicidal depression, problems with my art, and worrying about the future, before. Somehow it all worked out and I'm a better person because I motherfucking adapt.

Agreed, on the life is awesome thing.

Life's fucking amazing. Being a conscious part of reality, and all.

Glad you were able to make it through friend. I've always felt like a talentless asshole who's bad at everything. But I think part of that was because I was too scared to try hard, my lifestyle was just too much sitting around doing nothing to ever get started at anything. I'm glad you were able to make something of yourself.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 19:51:12

At 4/20/15 01:24 PM, EsotericTable wrote: i havent transitioned into anything yet.
except going to University in septemeber and that will probably fail miserably.

I'm hoping the best for you, I've felt the same way about a lot of things. You're taking a step to actually get started, if you care to hear the advice of a depressed 26 year old, I'd say make as many connections and strong bonds as you can. If getting a job in a particular field is something you want, You're going to have to fight for it, or make it for yourself. And part of that is finding people who will be able to help you get there.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 19:53:47

At 4/20/15 07:40 PM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 4/20/15 07:33 PM, Dart3055 wrote: Move away and hope she misses me, deal with never getting to see her again, an hopefully move on.

Or stay here and try to show her I'm more than she thought I was until she meets the new guy. See if I can't change her mind before then.
You seem really attached to her.

If I were in your shoes I'd give her the boot as soon as I found out. Though, from how you're talking, it sounds like you're not the one paying for the place if you're the one who's gonna move away.

We've always shared the rent and bills. I was going to leave and either send money to help pay my half, or have her move back with her parents. She wants to keep this place, and likes living in the city. She feels like back home is a dead end. I've got a foolish amount of caring for her to put myself in a situation like this.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 19:54:49

I'll be back later tonight, I'll get back to anyone else then.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 19:54:54

At 4/20/15 07:36 PM, Dart3055 wrote:
I'm kinda shitty too, we've both made mistakes. She considers this taking her life in the right direction, one where she'll really be happy.

Ah.... I dunno man. Make yourself a better person and find someone new

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 21:19:20

At 4/20/15 07:33 PM, Dart3055 wrote: I wish it was a troll thread friend.

I've thought about moving out, in the moment that was priority 1. I felt betrayed and lied to after what happened. But after a lot of alone time I decided I had two options.

Move away and hope she misses me, deal with never getting to see her again, an hopefully move on.

If they are your only two options i would go with the first one, it'll hurt like hell that you're not going to see her. But you need to do it for your own sanity. Because the longer you stay in that kinda situation the worse you're gonna feel

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 21:53:12 (edited 2015-04-20 21:55:09)

Ok wow. Now that is weird. However, to find the answer to your problem, we must look at The Bro Code, a list of do's and don't for all bro's. First of all, Your former best friend has violated several rules of The Bro code.

Bro Code Article 166: A bro NEVER under ANY circumstances gets with or even attempts to get with another bro’s girl.

Secondly, Bro Code Article 1: Bro's before Ho's. He chose the ho before you bro, not cool.

Your former best friend should have not pursued your girlfriend. He is not a true bro. Sever your friendship and cut him out of your life. You mentioned that you are still having sex with your ex and while getting laid is awesome, based on your description of her, I can determine that she is a 7-hot and a 10-crazy on the hot/crazy scale. She is too crazy but not hot enough for you.

Here is my verdict: Bang her one last time (or as much as possible) and move out. Those guys ain't loyal bro. You need to find a true wingman who can help you find better women to get laid with.

...Suit up.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 21:57:08

NEVER GIVE UP,NEVER SURRENDER

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 22:50:03 (edited 2015-04-20 22:50:20)

The reality of life is simply beautiful and mesmerizing

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-20 22:52:29

At 4/20/15 06:16 AM, Voltage wrote: another one of these threads in general, ugh. creative department must not be getting paid enough 00/10

Didn't you hear? The creative department laid off all of the creative people and hired a bunch of cheap tryhard shitposters and 4chan eckhs.

BBS Signature

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-21 02:35:27

At 4/20/15 07:54 PM, BanditWoolyBear wrote:
At 4/20/15 07:36 PM, Dart3055 wrote:
Ah.... I dunno man. Make yourself a better person and find someone new

That's the thing, I don't really want anyone else. If I got involved with another girl now, like a rebound or whatever. I don't think the sex would do anything for me. It's just physical satisfaction, and it passes quickly. I don't want someone to become emotionally invested in me when I'm not going to love them back. Plus, I don't think anyone wants to deal with a broken man.

Response to Life is an adventure 2015-04-21 02:40:00

At 4/20/15 09:19 PM, FoAngel wrote:
At 4/20/15 07:33 PM, Dart3055 wrote: I wish it was a troll thread friend.

If they are your only two options i would go with the first one, it'll hurt like hell that you're not going to see her. But you need to do it for your own sanity. Because the longer you stay in that kinda situation the worse you're gonna feel

It feels pretty bad sometimes, but the last few days weren't as bad as the beginning. Since our internet got cut, she hasn't been talking to him at home, just at work and the library. So time at home is us playing video games and watching ghibli movies, enjoying each other's company. Even as friends.

I do a lot for her, probably too much considering my situation. Tonight I did laundry and cleaned up around the house, did some dishes, and cooked her veggie and rice stir fry while she took a nap after work. She's thankful for all these mundane things, even if it doesn't alter her emotions. It just feels good to do something nice for her, bad as things are.