00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MssLibitina just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge!

15,770 Views | 21 Replies
Respond to this Topic

The Fan Art Challenge this week is the Lakeview Cabin Collection, now available on Steam!

You can play the original web version on NG for inspiration:

Make some fan art, tag it "LakeviewCabin" and upload it by Friday, April 24th at 1pm EST to enter! Not scouted? We'll still find it!

Ten winners will receive Steam keys for the Lakeview Cabin Collection.

Our previous Fan Art Challenge was for Rogue Legacy, available on PS3, PS4, Vita and Steam.

Here are the Rogue Legacy winners!

Runner-ups

Congrats to the winners and thank you everyone who participated!

UNITY3D DEVS:

Chrome has discontinued support of the Unity plugin. Please try exporting your game in WebGL format with Unity 5 and let us know your results! You can upload your WebGL version as a ZIP file under your existing game project, our system will default to the WebGL version for browsers that don't support the Unity plugin. I get the impression so far that a lot of devs are waiting on Unity 5.1 / bug fixes.

CHROME USERS:

To play Unity games in Chrome, paste "chrome://flags/#enable-npapi" in your URL bar then click "Enable" on the first highlighted npapi item. This returns you to the pre-update settings and should work until September.

Other News

Ludum Dare 32 begins tonight at 9PM EST. If you make something, upload it on NG and you'll be included in our NG collection! Enable rev sharing from your account page and see how you do. Make a game with Stencyl and you can also enter our Stencyl Jam!

Pico Day is next weekend, Saturday, April 25th! The official logo went up earlier this week.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Lake view cabin was an AWESOME game! It's number 5 on my favorite games list. I can't wait to see what people come up with.

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-17 16:25:40

Does it have to be fully colored as well?

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-17 16:28:31

At 4/17/15 04:25 PM, Game-to-Game wrote: Does it have to be fully colored as well?

Coloring isn't necessary but overall quality will improve chances of landing the top 10!

BBS Signature

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-17 16:31:22

We'll alright, gonna start working on it and see if I can color it as well

At 4/17/15 04:28 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/17/15 04:25 PM, Game-to-Game wrote: Does it have to be fully colored as well?
Coloring isn't necessary but overall quality will improve chances of landing the top 10!

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-17 17:45:41

The more and more I draw this, the more and more I pander to everyone

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-17 18:27:45

Hello everyone! Looks like the time has come for me to register here, although I've been silent, but violent player of games since I know for the existence of Internet :)

Anyway, I drew mine, the best I could, because my skills are those of a really small child. :D

I totally recommend Lakeview Cabin Collection to everyone, appears it inspired my best drawing art yet!

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-17 22:25:57

If anybody needs any extra inspiration for their art, here's a screenshot from when I played the game on Steam.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-17 23:07:27

Played Lakeview Cabin again and finally killed those ghost, which I couldn't stop thinking how to kill them since played the half way. I will try this challenge especially it's been a long time not drawing a fanart.

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-18 00:54:15

Let's Go Racing Texas-Style!

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-18 08:42:12

Chrome really are a bunch of twats

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-18 09:00:13

At 4/17/15 06:27 PM, liberteer wrote: I totally recommend Lakeview Cabin Collection to everyone, appears it inspired my best drawing art yet!

Nice work! Very grindhousey.

BBS Signature

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-18 10:04:01

good thing I never installed that stupid unity plugin

BBS Signature

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-18 16:14:36

At 4/18/15 09:00 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/17/15 06:27 PM, liberteer wrote: I totally recommend Lakeview Cabin Collection to everyone, appears it inspired my best drawing art yet!
Nice work! Very grindhousey.

Well, thank you, Tom. I'm one of those guys that aren't really good at this, but I really like to draw. It calms my senses. ;) Yeah, I've wanted to create a sort of fake movie poster and I think I did it.

BTW, I LOVE Newgrounds, I was browsing a bit yesterday, and it reminded me of some super past fun time I've spent on this site. I'm glad to finally be back :)

Sketch'um. About all I will muster.

I suck at drawing but I might do it just because I like the game

I thought toilethouse would be safe why was it not safe

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-19 15:58:16

At 4/19/15 02:03 PM, DjGubkafish wrote: I suck at drawing but I might do it just because I like the game

I thought toilethouse would be safe why was it not safe

Do it. I am awful at drawing, but you can see my entry to the roguelegacy comp means a good idea can make up for lack of talent!

Thanks so much Tom, I am delighted to be amongst the winners. I will put that steam key to good use!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-19 16:16:57

That game is so creepy, even though it's just pixel art and 2D.

BBS Signature

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-20 18:37:49

That game sucks.

BBS Signature

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-21 02:16:31

This was fun! I'm glad I joined in!

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-21 07:22:51

Hey, PewDiePie played that game :O

Response to Lakeview Cabin Fan Art Challenge! 2015-04-25 17:12:48

Are the results in?