00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Square Soft

1,767 Views | 30 Replies

Square Soft 2015-04-16 09:56:31

Did Square Enix take away Cloud's balls after the FF7 game.

Like he seems more like a leader and all that in the original game. But then he started being sappy ever since AC movie came.
And he's supposed to be 23 years old in the AC movie, but he seems more like a teenager with how he's dressed.
While in the old game it was more military like style, considering ex-soldier status. Or well i won't go into spoilers. But you know the drill.

Square Soft

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 10:01:43

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 10:06:51

At 4/16/15 10:01 AM, someaveragechap wrote: Video games are that way.

I know. I did it on purpose. Its red alert!

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 10:46:21

Um dude... did you miss the part in FF7 where cloud bitches out for almost an entire disc? And then the weapons get woken up and he just sort of gives Sephiroth the fucking black materia. How was that all badass and super leader guy?

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 10:53:12

This is the Cloud I remember.

Square Soft

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 11:27:33 (edited 2015-04-16 11:29:19)

At 4/16/15 10:46 AM, DarkMatter wrote: Um dude... did you miss the part in FF7 where cloud bitches out for almost an entire disc? And then the weapons get woken up and he just sort of gives Sephiroth the fucking black materia. How was that all badass and super leader guy?

Well that was memory identity crisis, so thats more sensical when your brain gets scrambled due to mako poison. Its not like. Wow... can't do this like he moans about in AC. Just..wow.

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 11:33:25

At 4/16/15 11:27 AM, Morie1 wrote:
At 4/16/15 10:46 AM, DarkMatter wrote: Um dude... did you miss the part in FF7 where cloud bitches out for almost an entire disc? And then the weapons get woken up and he just sort of gives Sephiroth the fucking black materia. How was that all badass and super leader guy?
Well that was memory identity crisis, so thats more sensical when your brain gets scrambled. Its not like. Wow... can't do this like he moans about in AC. Just..wow.

AC needed more Hojo (such a demented and good villain) and Jehova and less Cloud being a little bitch I agree, but to say he wasn't showing symptoms of little bitchery in FF7 is just wrong, he probably would've bitched out at the end if it weren't for Tifa and the gang. It used to be speculation that Zack was better than Cloud and that Cloud was barely living up to him but now we know it for a fact that Zack was always better and that Cloud will probably never succeed him in skill.

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 11:51:33

Well, three points...

1. Cloud goes through some crazy shit and learns his true past, thus stripping him of his confidence
2. Squenix
3. Catering to a younger audience

(>'-')>

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 13:03:22 (edited 2015-04-16 13:04:26)

At 4/16/15 11:33 AM, DarkMatter wrote:
At 4/16/15 11:27 AM, Morie1 wrote:
Well that was memory identity crisis, so thats more sensical when your brain gets scrambled. Its not like. Wow... can't do this like he moans about in AC. Just..wow.
AC needed more Hojo (such a demented and good villain) and Jehova and less Cloud being a little bitch I agree, but to say he wasn't showing symptoms of little bitchery in FF7 is just wrong, he probably would've bitched out at the end if it weren't for Tifa and the gang. It used to be speculation that Zack was better than Cloud and that Cloud was barely living up to him but now we know it for a fact that Zack was always better and that Cloud will probably never succeed him in skill.

Well i personally blame Tetsuya Nomura.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII:_Advent_Children

Its true however that Cloud acted like Zack half way through the game, due to heavy mako poison basically altering his mind, and boosh touched Tifa, shared effect. But ey it all worked out in the end.

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 13:04:43

At 4/16/15 12:05 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 4/16/15 11:22 AM, Sekhem wrote:
why are you bringing up the fact that he's black

are you trying to start something here
no.. you just have a teeensy bit of a "blame the white people for all problems" scenario going on, same as always.. you have your reputation and all..

Barret is my ninja he's got a more in depth story than cloud does IMO. You see him loose his friends and family when Midgar collapes, then you see it happen to him again in a flash back when he looses his arm when you get thrown into that bad place.

I really want to play FF7 now, and beat everything at the Golden Saucer... Gawdamnit

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 13:07:51

At 4/16/15 01:03 PM, Morie1 wrote:
Its true however that Cloud acted like Zack half way through the game, due to heavy mako poison basically altering his mind, and boosh touched Tifa, shared effect. But ey it all worked out in the end.

What about Cloud acting like a bitch in front of Hojo apologizing and letting him call him a failure? You gotta admit his constitution for stopping himself from doing supremely bitchy things is low.

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 13:09:34 (edited 2015-04-16 13:14:30)

At 4/16/15 01:07 PM, DarkMatter wrote:
At 4/16/15 01:03 PM, Morie1 wrote:
What about Cloud acting like a bitch in front of Hojo apologizing and letting him call him a failure? You gotta admit his constitution for stopping himself from doing supremely bitchy things is low.

I don't remember that?

I do however know that this cringe my eyes.

But honestly, do you have a footage of it. I just can't remember it.
Edit: Oh wait never mind. I remember now. Yeah its when those weird black hooded clones showes up. But wasn't Cloud already brainwashed by then. I mean from what i remember he didn't look so good. If i remember correctly.

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 13:28:25 (edited 2015-04-16 13:29:13)

At 4/16/15 01:17 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 4/16/15 11:34 AM, Cordyceps wrote: You know, you can have character development without having the character whine for hours.
If he didn't whine, then he wouldn't be Morie1.

Morie... Someone should name that next time they play FF7 as Cloud.

Well its not like he whines. It just sudden event happens and you know, it basically have some sensical psychological believable stuff when it happens in a way. It doesnt happen without a reason.

If one for example look at Dyne's story with Barret. Makes sense but sucks.

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 15:03:39

At 4/16/15 01:09 PM, Morie1 wrote: But honestly, do you have a footage of it. I just can't remember it.
Edit: Oh wait never mind. I remember now. Yeah its when those weird black hooded clones showes up. But wasn't Cloud already brainwashed by then. I mean from what i remember he didn't look so good. If i remember correctly.

I can't remember the context exactly but I think it's somehwere around where he gives sleeping sephiroth the black materia, Hojo initially says something like good work, but Cloud says he was supposed to do something and he failed. So Hojo is like, Oh yeah, Failure.

He was probably brain washed or whatever but yeah, like I said his resistance to bitching out was pretty nill.

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 15:24:46 (edited 2015-04-16 15:26:52)

At 4/16/15 03:03 PM, DarkMatter wrote:
At 4/16/15 01:09 PM, Morie1 wrote: But honestly, do you have a footage of it. I just can't remember it.
I can't remember the context exactly but I think it's somehwere around where he gives sleeping sephiroth the black materia, Hojo initially says something like good work, but Cloud says he was supposed to do something and he failed. So Hojo is like, Oh yeah, Failure.

He was probably brain washed or whatever but yeah, like I said his resistance to bitching out was pretty nill.

The reason he was called a failure was that he wasn't fully complete puppet like the other Sephiroth clones waggling everywhere saying "Reunion". The weirdest part was where it was on a clip, and some just fell down from it etc. There is moments in the game where they think Cloud is actually a creation and not human, but that is explained later that he was just heavily influenced by the level 3 mako poison.

I dunno. I mean if he's not aware of what is happening then i think that sorta excuses his non reaction to it. But that is just me. But i checked it, and he seem desperate to wanting for a number. I don't think Cloud would do that, it sounds more like the puppet is pulling the strings. But its all in text so...

Dunno but the hooded clones used to sorta creep me out. Worse was if you went to a roof and they were like mini clones.

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 19:43:45

If you aren't writing retarded threads about religion, it's retarded threads about trivial shit in the world of gaming, huh?

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 20:20:08

i always just saw him as this stereotypical emo stupid hair guy

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 20:22:51 (edited 2015-04-16 20:23:59)

At 4/16/15 08:20 PM, toxicdevil93 wrote: i always just saw him as this stereotypical emo stupid hair guy

Well thats going a little bit well over the edge isn't it :/

I mean one has to see the context of the story otherwise we will end up like this guy. And by that i mean nerds who jerks off too clowns, joker from batman with the screeching laugh

But can we be honest and say that atleast the game experience is good. No matter what you may think about the character itself ^^

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 20:27:32

At 4/16/15 08:22 PM, Morie1 wrote:
At 4/16/15 08:20 PM, toxicdevil93 wrote: i always just saw him as this stereotypical emo stupid hair guy
Well thats going a little bit well over the edge isn't it :/

I mean one has to see the context of the story otherwise we will end up like this guy. And by that i mean nerds who jerks off too clowns, joker from batman with the screeching laugh

But can we be honest and say that atleast the game experience is good. No matter what you may think about the character itself ^^

only kidding. my favorite game of all time's main character has blue hair covering half his face- i'm in no place to judge.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

BBS Signature

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 20:31:15

That sounds familiar. It doesn't happen to be "Breath of Fire" by any chance ^^

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 20:48:38

At 4/16/15 08:45 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 4/16/15 01:28 PM, Morie1 wrote:
it doesnt happen without a reason
unless your name is sephiroth. sephiroth going insane over finding out about jenova, whom he believed to be his real mother, being an alien on ice in a lab somewhere, just wont do..

you can try to explain this with jenova cells in his body going rogue, but then why did he kill her off instead of becoming her lapdog?

it does not make sense..

It does actually. In the same way a religious fanatic decided to go on a kill spree for a higher purpose.

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 20:58:32

At 4/16/15 08:31 PM, Morie1 wrote: That sounds familiar. It doesn't happen to be "Breath of Fire" by any chance ^^

nah never played that but heard good things. it's persona 3.

BBS Signature

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-16 23:07:51

At 4/16/15 08:39 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: dont misapproptiate the term ninja. yuffie is a ninja. barret is not.

shadow is a ninja. locke is not.

i'm tired of this urbandictionary ambiguous bullshit so i'm taking this literally. if not, specify what it means by "if you see a ninja, he is not a ninja"..

Barret may not be a ninja but he's my ninja. Deal with it.

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-17 13:44:57

At 4/16/15 08:58 PM, toxicdevil93 wrote:
At 4/16/15 08:31 PM, Morie1 wrote: That sounds familiar. It doesn't happen to be "Breath of Fire" by any chance ^^
nah never played that but heard good things. it's persona 3.

Ah, cool. Aslong as you like it then its cool...

Oh man.... i so remember this the first time i played FF7. I had no clue that it was a plank you could walk over until like 10 min later by accident :P
https://youtu.be/dj8eT_-kSkw

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-17 15:13:50

I'll take Cloud any which way I can.

Him shaking his perfectly pointed hair in despair is a beautiful teenage memory of mine.

He does look somewhat look like a troubled soul in the second picture I'll admit. He also looks terribly underweight :( All the problems of the world mount his tiny muscled shoulders.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-17 16:12:07

At 4/17/15 01:48 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: he also uses phrases like "let's mosey" when about to go fight Jenova

Before Cid corrects him to say it less wimpy. Always gets me that one haha :D

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-17 16:23:11

At 4/16/15 10:06 AM, Morie1 wrote:
At 4/16/15 10:01 AM, someaveragechap wrote: Video games are that way.
I know. I did it on purpose. Its red alert!

You knew, but you decided to put this in the wrong section anyway. Great jorb.

I don't care about FF anymore.

I
Want
Bushido
god
damed
Blade
god
damned

If you were gonna mention Kengo, don't.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-18 04:07:15

The 'new' one look like a fanart, it's lacking any kind of action. I know Cloud went through a lot of shit in FF7 but I felt like at the end he was more determined than ever to save the planet. I don't hate his new look, but it's dishonest, Cloud is a strong guy. It's probably the mainstream that wants bishonen heroes or something.

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-18 07:10:36

At 4/18/15 04:07 AM, Luette wrote: The 'new' one look like a fanart, it's lacking any kind of action. I know Cloud went through a lot of shit in FF7 but I felt like at the end he was more determined than ever to save the planet. I don't hate his new look, but it's dishonest, Cloud is a strong guy. It's probably the mainstream that wants bishonen heroes or something.

Thank you 1000 times. This is what i ment. I usually thought of him as a leader type. I mean sure some critical event happend here and there, but that didn't stop him from taking the lead when the opportunity arose.

Response to Square Soft 2015-04-18 07:37:47

FFX was the last FF game Squaresoft ever did (FFXI nonwithstanding). 'Nuff said.