00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"white lies" vs telling the truth

1,075 Views | 20 Replies

"white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-13 01:21:35

Why do some people get so offended by the truth? Id rather not deceive people. Who aggrees that the facts can offend.

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-13 01:35:29

People don't take kindly to bluntness because they're idiots.
Fuck 'em, who needs 'em?

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-13 05:51:16

Lies are so much better! They can you out of trouble!

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-13 06:16:43

Fact is, you'll slip up and tell a white lie every now and then.

Fact is, if you tell the truth 100% of the time, you're better off.

most of the time

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-13 07:49:41

It's just easier to lie, I always prefer to tell the truth but people can't handle the truth

420 blaze it

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-13 08:25:18

At 4/13/15 01:21 AM, finicalprickle wrote: Why do some people get so offended by the truth? Id rather not deceive people. Who aggrees that the facts can offend.

Because those people are dumbasses.

Here is a handy guide. Print it out and put it on your refrigerator!

Offended by the truth? -> Dumbass

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

I'm a chronic liar, because I'm so good at it I get in less shit lying than telling the truth. Not a great trait to have but it's me, oh well.

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-13 08:33:33

At 4/13/15 08:25 AM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Over 2015, I can think of too many situations where telling the truth was NOT the best idea, or even worked out well at all for me.

Everybody lies already, just join in

You are forgetting a much superior option to either. Knowing when to keep your mouth shut.

In the cases where telling the truth is a bad idea, lying is a worse idea. Better option in those cases? Just STFU. Sure, people might assume shit or it might get you in trouble but probably less than if you lied.

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-13 08:36:22

Some people can't handle the truth.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-13 08:54:36

At 4/13/15 08:53 AM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: I'm damned if I do or don't. The people I work with are smart. They can detect a lie of omission or a white lie like a hound to a hare's scent.

Where do you work?

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-13 09:27:20

At 4/13/15 09:05 AM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: At a gym as a lifeguard

Oh, what would you even have to lie about then. It's not like "oh yeah that report's almost done boss"

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-13 12:02:48

At 4/13/15 08:53 AM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote:
At 4/13/15 08:33 AM, NeonSpider wrote: You are forgetting a much superior option to either. Knowing when to keep your mouth shut.
I'm damned if I do or don't. The people I work with are smart.
They can detect a lie of omission

There's no such thing. Sounds like some BS some person on their (false "moral") high horse indoctrinated you to believe. This person is likely a huge hypocrite but we already know they're a liar because they lied about silence being a lie -- probably because they realized it was a legitimate response but hoped they could trick you into believing otherwise.

Someone asks you a question and you have three options.
1: Tell the truth.
2: Tell a lie.
3: Don't say anything.

Only option 2 is telling a lie.

You might be "damned if you do damned if you don't" anyway but it's not lying and anyone who tells you it is ... is lying.

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-13 12:06:20

At 4/13/15 12:02 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Someone asks you a question and you have three options.

Depending on who they are and how you feel about them, I always felt telling them to 'piss off' to be a viable option.

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-13 12:18:06

At 4/13/15 12:06 PM, someaveragechap wrote:
At 4/13/15 12:02 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Someone asks you a question and you have three options.
Depending on who they are and how you feel about them, I always felt telling them to 'piss off' to be a viable option.

Well that's true. I suppose we should add in an option 4: Answer with something irrelevant to the question.

People assume when someone asks them a question that they must answer, as if they are some sort of robots and the questioner is their master and they must obey. Not obeying is a perfectly viable alternative.

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-13 16:10:46

At 4/13/15 01:21 AM, finicalprickle wrote: Why do some people get so offended by the truth? Id rather not deceive people. Who aggrees that the facts can offend.

"The facts" are always just the way you, personally, see the facts. That's why you should be as careful as possible when you go about spreading what you consider to be "fact."

You need to have negotiation skills AKA the ability to lie or bend truth to represent it in your favor.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-17 02:56:09

At 4/13/15 01:21 AM, finicalprickle wrote: Who aggrees that the facts can offend.

Trust me the amount of times i want to tell students they have the comprehension of a 3 year old and the learning ability of a mentally disabled dog is astounding, but unfortunately my job tells me i have to be nice. My job is all about "white lies" all day, everyday

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-17 06:24:01

Lies and white lies are not the same. I think white lies can be good in many situations.

BBS Signature

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-17 06:31:25

You don't understand why people get offended by the truth? Because its the TRUTH.

The truth is harsh and real. Lies/white lies cover up something people may want to be avoiding - whether that is wise/healthy or not is a completely different issue but don't misunderstand why the truth hurts.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-17 08:35:02

The truth can be hard to accept at times because reality is not always in your favor. People naturally want things to go perfectly and in their way. We prefer lies as an alternative when it is difficult to accept the truth.

The cons of telling white lies usually outweighs the pros. Unlike lies, the truth is objective and does not depend on our interests and points of view. The truth contains important information which we can use to identify our weakness and make improvements. Giving students constructive criticisms allows them to improve academic results or be better citizens in the future. This is essential for personal growth. If they are not doing so well, hiding the truth from them does more harm than good.

The truth is an integral part of our lives and therefore we eventually have to accept it. It is not useful to tell white lies to someone when he will ultimately discover the truth. You cannot tell the same lie to a child who has lost both his parents in an accident forever and convince him that they are okay by giving him false hope. When he eventually finds out, it will be even harder for him to accept the fact.

Nonetheless, telling white lies can be a temporary solution. In some instances it may be more preferable to tell someone what he wants to hear, especially if telling the truth will lead to more undesirable outcomes.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-17 08:38:35

The only time I'll lie is if someone is trying to dig into my personal life, who has no business doing such.
Usually telling them to fuck off works, and I don't have to lie, but it really depends on the situation.

BBS Signature

Response to "white lies" vs telling the truth 2015-04-17 08:50:02

Some people are dicks and dont get it thats for there own good