00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Okidou just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why I dislike Egoraptor

2,910 Views | 26 Replies

Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 18:47:56

Yes, I understand a lot you have a unvarying love/respect for him. He started on Newgrounds originally. Expanded on his success here then moved to the Youtube sphere.

But, the whole ordeal with Jon Tron, and from my personal experience on seeing him and his wife....of which she is a whole....other story.... Just lends me to not respect the man, and boycott his videos...by simply just not watching them..Now, before you hurl insults at me, or the few tote your flags. Allow me to explain.

This has to do with my own personal experience/obervations and the whole Jon Tron episode. The more I dug, the more disjointed I became on his character/confirmed my beliefs. I drew my own conclusions, I will repeat that. But, I ask if you are gonna respond. You do the research. It is mostly already out there, you just gotta find it yourself. I will help you reach a neutral conclusion. But, at the end of the day. You have to speak for yourself.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=733477&page=2

Here you will find other input from people who have met egoraptor/have there own stories. Also there is the whole reddit debacle..

Read and google and find out for yourself how far the rabbit hole goes.

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 18:53:56

Why must you dishonor the past in a present tense as if the underlying problem has not already succumbed to the ethereal ash

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 19:01:07

Is this dead horse going to be beaten until it's dust, and the dust is pissed on?

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 19:04:13

I think a big part of Newground's fall in popularity is owed to people like EgoRaptor, Oni, Rice Pirate.

I loved their videos, they were well drawn, voiced, animated, and written. They brought traffic to NG. I appreciate good humor with good art to back it up, or even crappy art like MGA1

That being said, it seemed that a lot of the traffic that was coming to NG gravitated to them, and when they essentially ported themselves to youtube all that traffic decided NG was too much of a hassle, why go to two websites when everything you need is on one? Now we have ads out the ass and front page items aren't even breaking 100k views?

You can say it's because the flash age is over all you want, the cartoons are still getting millions of views, but on youtube.

A couple years ago Egoraptor would have something on the front page once a month, now he never seems to have anything on the frontpage as if youtube has become his new home.

These are artists that NG sponsored, and funded. And the return on the investment is a lack of content and no exclusive material to make people want to go to NG over youtube.

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 19:16:04

At 4/5/15 07:04 PM, DarkMatter wrote: These are artists that NG sponsored, and funded. And the return on the investment is a lack of content and no exclusive material to make people want to go to NG over youtube.

Newgrounds is a platform. Ego lent his talent to us, not the other way around.

As far as I know Jon left GG on good terms, and people just make shit up.

His newer stuff IMO is better than the "Awesome" series ever was. He didn't let them pigeonhole him into animating the same jokes with the same style over and over and over and over.

Danny is funny as hell. Jon is too.

Whatever man I love Arin and you're only depriving yourself of content you know you'd enjoy.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 19:18:59

At 4/5/15 07:04 PM, DarkMatter wrote: Stuff

This.

Egoraptor is basically Newgrounds' version of Hitler. He'd be rounding us up into camps and gassing us if he could make a buck from all of the Youtube hits he'd get for posting the footage.

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 19:26:23

At 4/5/15 07:16 PM, Ghoti wrote: Whatever man I love Arin and you're only depriving yourself of content you know you'd enjoy.

Actually I watched a GG episode trying to enjoy it and found myself feeling kind of meh. Egoraptor is a funny guy, and some of the things he says makes me laugh, but I was a fan of his cheesy animated jokes way more than any of the new stuff. All the love and charm is gone, and we're left with a personality that is enjoyable but how many minutes am I seriously gonna watch that shit before realizing it's pretty boring?

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 19:31:44

who are these people?

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 20:26:22

At 4/5/15 07:57 PM, Cordyceps wrote: I never really liked or respected egoraptor

I'm more half and half when it comes to him.
I thought he was okay. But wasn't exactly anything special to be honest.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 20:49:03

He's a douche, 'nuff said.

I have no idea why my brother still follows his content.

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 20:53:50

At 4/5/15 07:04 PM, DarkMatter wrote: I think a big part of Newground's fall in popularity is owed to people like EgoRaptor, Oni, Rice Pirate.

Fuck these guys.

Sexual-Lobster and ButzboPrud are where it's at now.

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 21:02:23

At 4/5/15 08:53 PM, ThePulp wrote:
At 4/5/15 07:04 PM, DarkMatter wrote: I think a big part of Newground's fall in popularity is owed to people like EgoRaptor, Oni, Rice Pirate.
Fuck these guys.

Sexual-Lobster and ButzboPrud are where it's at now.

My good friend Sexual Lobster has ALWAYS been where it's at. /highfive

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 21:04:46

At 4/5/15 09:02 PM, DarkMatter wrote:
At 4/5/15 08:53 PM, ThePulp wrote: Sexual-Lobster and ButzboPrud are where it's at now.
My good friend Sexual Lobster has ALWAYS been where it's at.

Perth?

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 21:29:05 (edited 2015-04-05 21:29:45)

Has anyone ever actually spoken about Egoraptor/Jontron from a credible perspective? It seems like anything that anything said so far is just overdramatized hearsay Honestly, from an outside perspective, it seems to me that JonTron really really wanted to get back to making his own videos. Doing GameGrumps probably consumed all of his time, so he really couldn't do it.

As for Egoraptor leaving Newgrounds, that's a different subject. I don't blame him though, you go where the money is. If you can earn money doing something you love then go for it, that's what he did. Principles and favoritism doesn't pay the bills. So if there's an outlet where he can go to earn more money, well that's a smart move on his part. That's life. Yeah it's a bummer that a lot of the people on Newgrounds came here for him and left when he stopped uploading content to Newgrounds, but again that's life and the way the world turns. You can gripe about it all you want, but people are going to use what's most convenient for their content needs (e.g. YouTube.) and content creators are going to go where they can get the most money.

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 21:33:03

At 4/5/15 09:16 PM, vixuzar wrote: WTF is this-awesome

Calm down it's his series brand name.
Sure he's cheapened the word 'awesome' but it isn't entirely his fault.

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 22:41:39

At 4/5/15 10:34 PM, zyzy wrote: metal gear awesome not as funny as metal beard solid

I personally prefer metal gear taco

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 23:12:34

You're sure obsessed with someone you don't like.

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 23:15:27

At 4/5/15 11:12 PM, FaroutFrank wrote: You're sure obsessed with someone you don't like.

In his defense, isnt it like... Sensible to know a lot about somebody before you hate them, as opposed to "he left ng I hate him lel". Its actually kinda smart

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 23:20:43

At 4/5/15 11:15 PM, BanditWoolyBear wrote:
At 4/5/15 11:12 PM, FaroutFrank wrote: You're sure obsessed with someone you don't like.
In his defense, isnt it like... Sensible to know a lot about somebody before you hate them, as opposed to "he left ng I hate him lel". Its actually kinda smart

Watching his videos and keeping tabs on his personal life isn't getting to know someone, it's just being obsessive.

You don't really know someone until you interact with them for a period of time.

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 23:25:51

At 4/5/15 11:20 PM, FaroutFrank wrote: Watching his videos and keeping tabs on his personal life isn't getting to know someone, it's just being obsessive.

You have a point, but I think OP is citing a forum of people who have actually met or know him. Now, that's still not super acceptable, obviously, but I know from personal experience that people with that spastic, loud sense of humor can actually be very mean, aggressive people. I don't know if Egoraptor is or not, but that might be a contributing factor to the "GameGrumps" split.

You don't really know someone until you interact with them for a period of time.

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-05 23:35:45

Well, dislike can lead to obsession the way liking someone does, too.

Grudges, nemeses, etc.

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-06 06:17:06 (edited 2015-04-06 06:19:13)

At 4/5/15 07:01 PM, someaveragechap wrote: Is this dead horse going to be beaten until it's dust, and the dust is pissed on?

I believe @MykeiXWolfe was keeping score of how many Egoraptor threads were made.

At 4/5/15 07:04 PM, DarkMatter wrote: Now we have ads out the ass and front page items aren't even breaking 100k views?

What are all these ads that people keep talking about? I've only ever used AdBlock once or twice since i signed up and it was by accident, since then i've always allowed access to ads when i come here and this is one of the sites with less intrusive ads i've ever seen, i see an ad banner above, one below and on the frontpage in the background an ad for an online game.
Are you talking about the ones that play while a flash game or movie are loading? Those are 1 and a half minutes long at most.

At 4/5/15 09:29 PM, CaptainQuartz wrote: As for Egoraptor leaving Newgrounds, that's a different subject. I don't blame him though, you go where the money is. If you can earn money doing something you love then go for it, that's what he did. Principles and favoritism doesn't pay the bills. So if there's an outlet where he can go to earn more money, well that's a smart move on his part. That's life. Yeah it's a bummer that a lot of the people on Newgrounds came here for him and left when he stopped uploading content to Newgrounds, but again that's life and the way the world turns. You can gripe about it all you want, but people are going to use what's most convenient for their content needs (e.g. YouTube.) and content creators are going to go where they can get the most money.

If the reason really was money he'd still be posting stuff on Youtube and Newgrounds, Youtube would probably give him more money because he gets more hits there but he'd also get bonus money from Newgrounds and i think @TomFulp mentioned something about Newgrounds giving more money per ad than Youtube when he was at MAGfest so he wouldn't be getting that much of a difference in his paychecks.
It's stupid to just put all of your content on one place if you're doing it for the money.

EDIT: Fixed some spelling mistakes.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-06 06:36:48

At 4/5/15 07:04 PM, DarkMatter wrote: *NAILED IT*

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

BBS Signature

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-06 07:07:26

omg u guys dont hate egoraptor u just dont understand him
u now his name not his snapchat story

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-06 07:33:05

Why these kinds of threads are a bad idea. Some of you seem obsessed with Egoraptor. This applies to him or anyone else who ends up in a similar position.

1: They likely won't see or care about your rant as they don't even use the site anymore.
2: It might drive away actual current content creators or would-be content creators if they see how Newgrounds treats once-popular content creators who stop putting content on Newgrounds. They may decide simply it's not worth it to contribute at all. Why try to make good content to become popular only to have people hate you the instant you stop? Why even bother?
3: It's not going to make the abandoned content creator want to come back and make more content. After all, supposedly you "hate" them.
4: If there's a lack of good content then don't blame those who once contributed good content. Get good. Make your own. Or something. Or don't complain about lack of good content.

It really doesn't make any sense. If you really hated his stuff then you just shouldn't give a shit that he's gone from Newgrounds or you should be happy about it. And if you liked his stuff but are angry that he's gone because he's not still making content for you, that's called being an entitled spoiled brat.

Also how many more of this exact thread do we really need? Dammit!

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-06 08:53:23

At 4/6/15 07:33 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
It really doesn't make any sense. If you really hated his stuff then you just shouldn't give a shit that he's gone from Newgrounds or you should be happy about it.
Also how many more of this exact thread do we really need? Dammit!

I'm sure there's many more threads to come, they're practically in love with him.

Response to Why I dislike Egoraptor 2015-04-06 11:45:45

I never liked that guy. We had some conversations on here ,and he always seemed to be a jerk. Once he betrayed NG. it was confirmed that he was a lame, clown ass bitch.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature