00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your phobias

2,618 Views | 47 Replies

Your phobias 2015-03-26 00:14:24

Mine is vomitting.

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 00:19:43

At 3/26/15 12:14 AM, Avery wrote: Mine is vomitting.

Hahahahahahhah.... Ahahahahahahaaa! AAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
How is it?

Mine is high places

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 00:20:28

Large gaping flesh wounds.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 00:22:07

heights

i get real uneasy when im high up somewhere like building and i look down

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 00:31:31

Social interaction and failure.

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 01:04:03

Fear of dying. But it activates from simply remembering that I will die eventually. It's really annoying and gets in the way of daily activities.

I also have trypohobia but it's not very consistent. That stupid lotus pod picture never triggered it, but when I was boiling some rice in a bag, I noticed the air holes in the bag were slightly stretched out and I was absolutely repulsed.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 01:04:48

At 3/26/15 12:33 AM, Vinnyy wrote: Trypophobia.

Bot fly.......

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 01:09:31

I don't have any phobias, except for spiders and heights.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 01:37:59

i have a social anxiety, so i'll consider going outside and having contact with the beautiful and successful people is my phobia.

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 03:19:46

Rust.

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 05:11:23 (edited 2015-03-26 05:19:33)

0 being I'm not scared at all and 10 being I'm petrified into invalidity.

2/10 - Arachnophobia
(-2 for Jumping Spiders and Daddy-Long-Legs, any variants that are cute, small and harmless, won't fuck with you.)
(-1 for small common house spiders / web-spinners, they won't fuck with you as long as you don't fuck with it.)
(+2 for Banana Spiders or unusually large tree-spiders like the Golden Orb Weaver and other eye-level, found in nature web-spinners)
(+3 for Black Widows)
(+4 for Brown Recluses and dangerous / venomous variants)
(+6 for Scorpions, Centipedes, and Spiders that are exotic venomous & aggressive variants like the Brazilian Wandering Spider, Camel Spider, and pretty much any variant thats big enough to hiss.)

4/10 - Apiphobia
Fear of Bees. Moreover just afraid of being stung, but in the wake of the Africanized Honeybee thing, they put me on edge a little bit.

8.5/10 - Spheksophobia
Hornets, Wasps, Yellow-Jackets. Again, afraid of being stung. Used to be a door-to-door solicitor for newspaper subscriptions, and some houses and front porches programmed a healthy fear of the hive.

Over the years, I've kinda conquered some paranoias of mine and irrational fears, and I've even tackled my arachnophobia, which is possibly my oldest fear, so that its more manageable. The more I learn and experience things with spiders, the more I understand them and I'm less locked up and vulnerable about the creatures.

Bees, I need some work on. I gotta be more familiar with them I guess, but its kind of hand-in-hand with the Wasps...which I'm not quite over yet...I get kinda irrational when there's wasps and hornets flying nearby. THAT is the fear for me to conquer.

OH! And if I ever encounter a legitimate haunting at or around a place I sleep...one thats completely undeniable? That would be a solid 9. If it was painful? Like the spirit was attacking me? Thats my 10.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 05:16:45

At 3/26/15 03:19 AM, NGPulp wrote: Rust.

Is it the feel or the look?

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 05:16:46

I don't fear many things, but if you put me in a room with a cockroach, i will scream until my lungs give out. My theory is anything that can survive nuclear fallout should be feared.

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 05:22:25

I didn't think snakes scared me, but when I saw a rattle snake below me today, I turned into a pansy.

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 05:23:11

At 3/26/15 05:16 AM, FoAngel wrote: I don't fear many things, but if you put me in a room with a cockroach, i will scream until my lungs give out. My theory is anything that can survive nuclear fallout should be feared.

I used to be creeped out by cockroaches, but then I learned more about them. Y'know they're like nature's janitors, right? They've learned to hang around us because we're a reliable source of food (from the scraps that we don't eat). They also eat mites and things that would be harmful to us...not only that, but they're constantly cleaning themselves like a cat...they're little cleaner critters! Evolved to go fast because of predators, and that kinda makes them adorable.

If they're your weakness, I highly recommend willingly subjecting yourselves to documentaries about them.

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 05:24:15

At 3/26/15 05:16 AM, FoAngel wrote: I don't fear many things, but if you put me in a room with a cockroach, i will scream until my lungs give out. My theory is anything that can survive nuclear fallout should be feared.

Deinococcus Radiodurans, Conan the Bacterium. A cockroach can handle about 20000 rads. This bacteria can take 1.5 million, unless it's frozen. Then it can survive 3 million rads.

For comparison, a human will usually die after being exposed to 1000 rads.

My fear, extreme heights. I can handle planes fine, usually just sleep during the whole flight. But in a building, I'm not so good past the sixth or seventh story.

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 05:26:10

Clowns and airplanes.

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 05:26:29

At 3/26/15 05:22 AM, DarkMatter wrote: I didn't think snakes scared me, but when I saw a rattle snake below me today, I turned into a pansy.

Totally justified because they'll fuck you up. The boa constrictor around Alice Cooper won't bite him in the neck lightning quick and fucking kill him with venom...

And dude, there's a species of rattlesnake that is evolving WITHOUT A RATTLE in McKinney, TX. The one fucking warning they give off is gone over there. Not only that, but there's a natural selection war between rabbits and rattlesnakes thats been elevating for the past century or so, where the jack rabbits are gaining more tolerance for the rattler's venom, and the rattler's venom is becoming EVEN MORE potent to combat the tolerance.

You're justified with the rattlesnake, dude.

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 05:34:56

At 3/26/15 05:24 AM, someaveragechap wrote: Deinococcus Radiodurans, Conan the Bacterium. A cockroach can handle about 20000 rads. This bacteria can take 1.5 million, unless it's frozen. Then it can survive 3 million rads.

For comparison, a human will usually die after being exposed to 1000 rads.

I love it when you talk sciencey makes me all hot and bothered. Tell me more :3

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 05:40:29

At 3/26/15 05:26 AM, Phobotech wrote:
You're justified with the rattlesnake, dude.

Yeah dude I saw a video of what their venom does to your blood and was mortified, it turned a half pint or so into a solid chunk of coagulated blood.

I was hiking on a trail that was popular in the past few years, but it's been closed down so without people walking through there too often the snakes just hang out more in the open. There were a bunch of really large rocks piled on top of each other and as I walked across a large opening, I looked down and below my legs was a dark brown snake, and it moved but never shook it's rattler, but I saw it's triangle head and started stumbling forward and away from the hole in a frantic way. I could've stepped in that opening and then boom game over, might die, AND your miles from help AND the trails are all uphill and stuff. I had two buddies with me so I might've had a chance.... Another time we came across a coral snake or whatever the non venomous version of the red black and yellow snake, and I looked at it's stripe pattern and was convinced it was the safe snake. So I just walked past it and told people behind me to not hurt it, then later another hiker picked it up and was gonna keep it as a pet. Big snakes don't scare me as much as the venomous ones do, so I don't think it's so much snakes as it is blood clotting venom solidifying in my veins.

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 05:41:13

At 3/26/15 05:16 AM, Phobotech wrote:
At 3/26/15 03:19 AM, NGPulp wrote: Rust.
Is it the feel or the look?

The feel, mostly.

The look is sorta cringey but if you put in a photo of rust I wouldn't go into hysterics.

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 05:43:39

At 3/26/15 05:34 AM, FoAngel wrote: I love it when you talk sciencey makes me all hot and bothered. Tell me more :3

Uh, fruit flies can take a dose of 64,000 rads and a parasitic wasp dies at 180,000. So, cockroaches would be some of the first to die in a nuclear war. They'd last longer then we could though. :P

I'm also concerned about all the amount of nuclear material out there. Wonder how much of it has been misplaced...

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 05:54:15

Moist, non-biological orifices such as sinks, drains, the insides of faucets and plumbing pipes, and the like. Not really scared of them, just utterly repulsed by them.

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 06:05:43

I suffer from the fear of failure, thank you very much.

thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 10:23:42

It's the fear of holes, especially those that appear in nature. Lotus pods are creepy as hell.

You just reminded me of some very disgusting photoshopping I saw recently involving Lotus pods.

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 11:34:21 (edited 2015-03-26 11:37:01)

Kenophobia. For those who don't know what that is, its a fear of wide open spaces/endless voids. Basically if I was in the middle of nowhere and my field of view was limited, I will be freaking out. It's not dark that scares me its the possibilities through that field, that includes heavy fog.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 11:36:58 (edited 2015-03-26 11:38:57)

Ophidiophobia. Fear of snakes. Indiana Jones Syndrome

I'm not a big fan of any reptiles but snakes scared the crap out of me in the few encounters I had with them

420 blaze it

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 11:49:20

Spiders, heights and being touched in between my collarbones.

It's the fear of holes, especially those that appear in nature. Lotus pods are creepy as hell.

How the fuck did people develop this phobia?

Your phobias

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 12:20:51

- Heights, without a doubt. It's not so much being high off the ground as it is the sensation I get to lean over.

- Recently, I became a little nervous of being in completely open water. I'm not really worried about drowning. I think it has more to do with being alone with the unknown right under you.

- What I consider to be "freaky" bugs. This would be things like wolf spiders, cave crickets, and hornets to name a few. I don't know why I'm so particular with my fear of insects and arachnids, but that's just how it is, I guess.

At 3/26/15 05:23 AM, Phobotech wrote:
At 3/26/15 05:16 AM, FoAngel wrote:
If they're your weakness, I highly recommend willingly subjecting yourselves to documentaries about them.

The smaller cockroaches I'm fine with, but Florida has these palmetto bugs that can fly in your face and scare the crap out of you.

BBS Signature

Response to Your phobias 2015-03-26 12:37:32 (edited 2015-03-26 12:42:51)

At 3/26/15 12:05 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 3/26/15 11:34 AM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: Kenophobia. For those who don't know what that is, its a fear of wide open spaces/endless voids. Basically if I was in the middle of nowhere and my field of view was limited, I will be freaking out. It's not dark that scares me its the possibilities through that field, that includes heavy fog.
like land mines or caltrops?

Not necessarily. Just the unknown in general like animal predators or the paranormal. One of the worst dreams I had was exactly describing my phobia and it had an alien or some sort of entity in front of me with red eyes walking straight at me in the darkness. If something like that similar in real life happened I would shit bricks and never walk in a dark field again. Mostly people say "Well you're afraid of the dark." No. Its not like that. I have been around the darkness a lot in my life. The thing I cherish most is my good eyesight of seeing very far and I'm very good at seeing things from a far distance. Taking that away from me scares me. Knowing that I can't react until I have to walk closer to see whats there or know my pathway to my destination. And that's where the phobia kicks in.

Driving in the dark doesn't fright me THAT much because I can see other cars in the other lane or street lights. But when I'm on foot in the large plains I feel crippled. The phobia originated when I went camping with my cousins when I was younger. We made a camp site in these large plains. We decided to find our own bathroom spot so we won't have to use one spot because well that's kinda nasty lol. So I decided to be an idiot and choose the most farthest place from the camp. After I was done with my bathroom break I walked back, I turned around and realized I forgot my flashlight. It was hard to find where I was walking back to the spot I did my thing at and it was 7 steps away. I couldn't see anything and felt paralyzed like I couldn't do anything but just see the darkness in my field of view. The darkness made me turn away from where I was looking at because I felt like I was on edge like something might pop out of the dark. The only light in the plains was the camp and I was running in fear forgetting the flashlight because that was the only thing I could see and felt relief. The fact that anything could be running straight at me there brings chills down my spine.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature