00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Let's Plays

5,919 Views | 67 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Let's Plays 2015-03-29 21:12:27

The first person I subscribed to on YouTube is an LP'er. That was GarlandTheGreat. I loved his Crash Bandicoot LPs and his Chrono Trigger LPs. He also has in my opinion the best LPs for the Donkey Kong Country series.

I also watch Chuggaaconroy. I know a lot of people find him annoying, but you know I find Game Grumps to be annoying which mainly consisted of Egoraptor and JonTron who I like both of them, but as LP'ers they annoy me. I will say though that Chuggaaconroy is not as humble as he used to be.

I used to like ProtonJon, but his inconsistencies with his main channel and his obsession with mostly streaming his quite irritating. I think he only got close to Chuggaaconroy because people were forgetting about him and he wanted to be back in the limelight. Honestly, does anyone here even know who AzureBlade49 and MoltovMarioWorld are?

At first I wasn't too fond of Markiplier because I instantly wrote him off as a PewDiePie knock off, then I saw him LP the Deep Sleep games from Newgrounds and I learned that he is a big Newgrounds fan. Also he to can be a bit annoying sometimes, but not on the same levels as PewDiePie. Also Markiplier is very humble even to this day while PewDiePie... is not. Although they both do quite a bit for charity so that's always cool in my book.

I also watch SwordlessLink, I loved his glitch run of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time which if you haven't seen that then you ABSOLUTELY NEED TO. Seriously there is some fucked up shit he does in the game.

Response to Let's Plays 2015-03-30 01:19:39

Not really. Let's plays get too many views imo but I do watch them when there is a game I really want to see like The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones by Telltale.

Response to Let's Plays 2015-04-01 14:49:12 (edited 2015-04-01 15:03:30)

Response to Let's Plays 2015-05-19 15:11:23

I only watch them if I have time for them much like the same way I try to loosely fit in reading into my schedule. It really saves money for me when I can't afford the hardware to play any of the games I'm interested in at the moment especially with how differently other players experience them.It only makes me cringe to see how they attempt making humour,make mistakes or don't really seem to learn to adapt and memorize different patterns or other essential important skills when it comes to gaming. In a way though it's kind of licking off the fried chicken grease off someone else's fingers after they just had Kfc.

Response to Let's Plays 2015-05-19 15:45:06 (edited 2015-05-19 15:46:04)

I don't watch LPs, rather I leave them open in a tab for ambience. If I wanted to watch somebody play a game, I'd watch a twitch stream.

I used to like Markiplier but his radio voice got too grating. I've been watching this guy named Scykoh who sounds exactly like Mark, but it feels less forced.
I don't have a lot of patience for an individual sitting in front of a mic/cam and making stupid noises. Dashie is the only exception because he sounds like he's having fun and not just acting like an idiot to be entertaining.
I really hate scatterbrained people, but I can't stop watching MunchingOrange. In his Nuzlocke videos he thoughtlessly lets his pokemon die because he doesn't pay attention to his pokemon's health. I don't know what I like about him. Maybe it's because he updates daily.

When it comes to actually watching them, I stick to group LPs and walkthroughs. I think it's creepy when players try to "get closer" to the viewer. At least with streams the player can have conversations with their viewer in real-time.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Let's Plays 2015-05-21 02:34:43

I watch them occasionally. Some of them are funny, but I usually do watch for more complex strategy games like Total War or Wargame either to learn the game better and to learn more strategies. In the end, it feels less pathetic to spend your time actually playing the game especially since many of the let's plays aren't edited to just have a highlight reel so you're literally just watching someone play the game.

At 3/21/15 12:39 PM, icey778 wrote: Dude I tried to be an LPER, but I failed. I respect LPers and all, but that stuff is too much work imo. Some LPers don't get paid nearly enough.

>play video games all day
>get paid for it
>injustice that you're not paid enough

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's Plays 2015-05-25 14:47:44

At 3/29/15 09:12 PM, The-Great-One wrote: The first person I subscribed to on YouTube is an LP'er. That was GarlandTheGreat. I loved his Crash Bandicoot LPs and his Chrono Trigger LPs. He also has in my opinion the best LPs for the Donkey Kong Country series.

I watch him myself also, mainly due to the challenge runs he does of Final Fantasy games, they are interesting and I ended up starting my own of Skies of Arcadia which I need to do more of soon.

I also watch SwordlessLink, I loved his glitch run of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time which if you haven't seen that then you ABSOLUTELY NEED TO. Seriously there is some fucked up shit he does in the game.

I wish I could enjoy him more, I find him interesting but sadly he does loads of time wasting while also saying things like "I should edit this out" and its like YEA! you should! Edit out this 7 minutes of trying to pass through this wall as we get that it takes time but you can do it for like a minute max and we will get it.

As I mentioned previously in this thread, I'm finally getting back into doing my own Let's Plays again after like a year since I've done one publicly. I appreciate people not spamming this thread with links so I won't link it. But if interested my channel is in my signature. Getting back into the zone now and finishing up Heroes of Might and Magic V, will also go back to my other old abandoned ones and finish them up too since I hated having stuff like Metroid Prime and Gex 3 unfinished.

Feels good to be making stuff again for people to enjoy!

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Let's Plays 2015-05-25 17:39:39

At 5/20/15 10:06 PM, ZeroDown wrote: Why the fuck would you watch a game and not just play it yourself? It's more fun, and you don't have to tolerate PewDiePies voice the whole time.

Exactly who want's to deal with that bullshit besides 13 year olds?

Response to Let's Plays 2015-05-25 22:00:37

At 5/25/15 05:39 PM, argile wrote: Exactly who want's to deal with that bullshit besides 13 year olds?

People with too much downtime.

Response to Let's Plays 2015-05-26 14:31:02

At 5/25/15 10:00 PM, ThePulp wrote:
At 5/25/15 05:39 PM, argile wrote: Exactly who want's to deal with that bullshit besides 13 year olds?
People with too much downtime.

They sure have poor taste then , Is he usually the first person to find new stuff?

Response to Let's Plays 2015-05-26 17:51:37

Only if it's a game that I used to own or don't own yet.
In smarter words I sometimes watch gameplays of games that I want to play.

Usually retro games or 3DS games.

Response to Let's Plays 2016-05-28 08:52:53

I'd rather watch long plays since they have no commentary and I don't have to deal with any dumb quirks on the player's behalf.I only see let's plays if they don't have regular playthroughs at the moment.i prefer not to focus on just one 1 video and have like 3 open so i wouldn't have to be bored for some gameplay footage

Response to Let's Plays 2016-05-28 10:52:49

I only watch specific parts of LPs when I want to see how someone reacts to something specific. Other than that I don't have enough time to waste to watch this stuff.

Response to Let's Plays 2016-05-29 13:12:35

At 5/28/16 10:52 AM, MESRecords wrote: I only watch specific parts of LPs when I want to see how someone reacts to something specific. Other than that I don't have enough time to waste to watch this stuff.

yeah it basically is just a waste of time to watch them

Response to Let's Plays 2016-06-01 09:05:22 (edited 2016-06-01 09:13:00)

At 5/28/16 08:52 AM, argile wrote: I'd rather watch long plays since they have no commentary and I don't have to deal with any dumb quirks on the player's behalf.I only see let's plays if they don't have regular playthroughs at the moment.i prefer not to focus on just one 1 video and have like 3 open so i wouldn't have to be bored for some gameplay footage

It is good to have both for sure. Longplays work best for games I want to experience but not waste money on like I watched God of War games and LA Noire and things, decent games but I don't have the money to spend on them. While let's plays I prefer for games I have played myself before and if the person is a good informative Let's Player they will have interesting stuff and tips to talk about during the game which helps me to then enjoy the game more.

Also shameless plug for myself, still got that link in me sig ya see, still doing informative LPs, ya mon it's happenin!

Oh also of course with those mentioning the terrible LPers, there's always Retsupurae to make fun of them! Have a video

BBS Signature

Response to Let's Plays 2016-06-01 15:33:34

At 6/1/16 09:05 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 5/28/16 08:52 AM, argile wrote: I'd rather watch long plays since they have no commentary and I don't have to deal with any dumb quirks on the player's behalf.I only see let's plays if they don't have regular playthroughs at the moment.i prefer not to focus on just one 1 video and have like 3 open so i wouldn't have to be bored for some gameplay footage
It is good to have both for sure. Longplays work best for games I want to experience but not waste money on like I watched God of War games and LA Noire and things, decent games but I don't have the money to spend on them. While let's plays I prefer for games I have played myself before and if the person is a good informative Let's Player they will have interesting stuff and tips to talk about during the game which helps me to then enjoy the game more.

yeah it's pretty fun to compare how each player will have a different method of playing the game, it also gives a good idea as to how challenging and rewarding it maybe if you've bought it. after watching a few videos in their series.

Response to Let's Plays 2016-06-02 15:29:51

At 5/28/16 08:52 AM, argile wrote:
Oh also of course with those mentioning the terrible LPers, there's always Retsupurae to make fun of them! Have a video

It's sort of a shame that the main Retsupurae channel has been kind of more politically correct through recent years but they're the only ones still keeping the focus riffing bad players and their mannerisms

Response to Let's Plays 2016-06-03 21:33:51 (edited 2016-06-03 21:39:07)

At 6/2/16 03:29 PM, argile wrote:
At 5/28/16 08:52 AM, argile wrote:
It's sort of a shame that the main Retsupurae channel has been kind of more politically correct through recent years but they're the only ones still keeping the focus riffing bad players and their mannerisms

Their old stuff can be pretty vile. Proteus especially used to be down right disrespectful and horrible with things he would say. The worst one I noticed being that he commented on wanting to have the LPer reward his mother by going back in time and giving her an abortion pill. Absolutely disgusting and I can't like the person anymore for saying that. I am glad they had become more "politically correct" since now they are nice and respectful to people they riff. Frankly it gives a bad standard for their fanbase to act if they act like they used to still.
Slowbeef used to be more angry about things, but him settling down with his wife and child has helped him become much happier and nicer while still being as funny and entertaining as ever. It is something I wish others would take to heart too~

BBS Signature

Response to Let's Plays 2016-08-01 11:36:33

Response to Let's Plays 2016-08-01 14:44:45

i watch tits

Response to Let's Plays 2016-08-03 06:42:19

No. They're stupid. Why would you want to watch someone else play a game? Play it yourself. Actually experience and enjoy the game.

There is no point to Let's Plays and you're an idiot if you like them.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Let's Plays 2016-08-03 09:43:21

Personally I watch LP's of games i'm interested in. I watched one of Darksiders back when I first heard about it because I found it to be a really cool concept for a game, and it gave me a great first look at the game. Most of the time I wouldn't watch an entire LP unless I truly enjoy listening to the person talking or something like that, but ever since I started actually doing them myself I found myself not watching most LPs of mainstream games for the sake of not spoiling them for myself.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.

Cheap Voice acting/Narrator voiceovers!

Response to Let's Plays 2016-08-03 10:16:04

At 8/3/16 10:02 AM, Jotaro97 wrote: With Let's Plays you feel what others are experiencing. Not all games are enjoyable. In fact, most games are terrible.

I agree, Cr1tiKal for example, can somehow manage to make the WORST GAMES EVER entertaining to watch.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.

Cheap Voice acting/Narrator voiceovers!

Response to Let's Plays 2016-08-08 19:46:50

what about ones without commentary?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAgGCIHH6zk

Response to Let's Plays 2016-08-08 22:17:34

Sometimes I'll watch a few if it's a game I know and like, just to get see how someone else plays a certain game, or what they think about it, out of curiosity. I also check out an episode or two of a game that I'm interested in, to see if it's worth getting.

But I'm not that fond of them because I hate forced personalities, random yelling, etc. Another thing that sort of pissed me off is when people say they've played a game, and pretend they don't know what's going to happen. That pretty much sums up 90% of the market, so the people that I occasionally watch are very few.

Response to Let's Plays 2016-08-15 10:19:50

nah

Response to Let's Plays 2016-08-16 06:47:18

At 3/21/15 02:06 AM, Ghoti wrote: Do you guys watch Let's Plays?

I watch and record let's plays, actually. I try not to as much anymore, lest I find something that I do actually want to play and then spoil it for myself. Right now I'm kind of replaying a few older games that I played on PC since now I can actually reliably play, record, and stream games from my PC. If you're interested, our YouTube channel is TechWarriorz.

Hey guys, I'm a youtuber for TechWarriorz, come check out some of our awesome gaming and coding videos!

Response to Let's Plays 2016-08-16 08:36:16

I think I only follow two or three LPers now. All the ones I used to follow now either have a pointless facecam or they went off the deep end and now try to appeal to the Pewdiepie audience.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Let's Plays 2016-08-16 10:51:12

At 8/16/16 06:47 AM, mmarage wrote: If you're interested, our YouTube channel is TechWarriorz.

I will check you mofos out.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's Plays 2016-08-20 13:29:08

I for one don't enjoy hearing someone talk during a gameplay video at all.

When I look for "Devil May Cry gameplay" on YouTube, I want to see the game itself in action, I am not interested in some PewDiePie-wannabe who talks so much like he fell in love with the sound of his own voice.

Back then, it was a simpler time when you can single out the crap by seeing if they have "Let's Play" on the title.
Nowadays, you have to specifically look for "no commentary".