00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

joker1222344 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I need a Deems Taylor Impression

717 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I am currently working on an animation that consists of seven distinct minute-long segments featuring the music of people here on Newgrounds. (including my own, cause I'm vain like that)

Each day the project grows in scope, which I expected, but I didn't expect how much it would grow. I am reaching new heights in terms of my animating prowess and as such, I need a way to celebrate that. As a hidden easter egg, I want to make an opening remark clip similar to the ones in Disney's Fantasia (1940), and I need someone who can do a good impression of Deems Taylor. (the host/narrator in said clips)

Here is an example of one of those openers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx8pZuQVYyU

If you feel you are up to the part, please send me a PM containing an audio file of your impression. If you are strained for words, use lines from the above video, but please improvise at least some lines. (in case your impression is so good I can't tell it from the real thing :P )

Should I find you a good candidate, I will then send you the script for the actual lines I'll want you to read. In addition, I will mark you as a contributor to the project, and you will get to preview the animation in question as it comes together. (hopefully you can give some constructive criticism)

Please note: this is NOT a paid project, but it could be a good opportunity to get some exposure.

As for deadlines, I suspect that my animation will be finished by at least the end of March, and at most the middle of April this year. If I do not have a candidate by then, I will be forced to record my own impression. (which would be sad, since the whole point of this is to get more people involved)

(One last note: if I have multiple good impressions, I may just have to cast two Deems impersonators side-by-side :P )

Great music doesn't force you to think. It allows you to.

Response to I need a Deems Taylor Impression 2015-03-26 16:31:57

This offer is still open. Anyone interested?

Great music doesn't force you to think. It allows you to.