00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Cuddlymuffintop just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games that are repetitive..........

1,765 Views | 18 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

But not in a bad way. I'd say the Mario games are a prime example. Sure its the same thing every game but for some reason it always finds ways to make it seem fun compared to say COD. I think some hack n slash games also fall into this catagory but the fun moves keeps it cool

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-22 14:45:16

Assassin's Creed is mostly the same game every year, though it is getting old.

Yes, I took the AC series already SUCK IT INTERNET

Me & My Katamari for the PSP. I believe there are only five stages, but different objects litter the stage depending on the mission and the rules change ever-so slightly so it feels like a new challenge every time.

The main Pokemon games have used the same formula since 1995 and they still manage to be fun games. Though it isn't immediately obvious, they do tweak certain mechanics so it isn't just the same game with new pokemon.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-22 20:07:36

Probably most fighting games. Repetitive yet, so satisfying

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-22 20:32:11

At 2/22/15 08:07 PM, raremew wrote: Probably most fighting games. Repetitive yet, so satisfying

That is true. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat were both great in different ways.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-22 20:34:01

At 2/22/15 08:32 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 2/22/15 08:07 PM, raremew wrote: Probably most fighting games. Repetitive yet, so satisfying
That is true. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat were both great in different ways.

Well yea, even though most fighting games are pretty much the same, they are all pretty different of the way they play.
Both street fighter and mortal Kombat were great games, but played different

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-22 20:35:45

At 2/22/15 08:34 PM, raremew wrote:
Well yea, even though most fighting games are pretty much the same, they are all pretty different of the way they play.
Both street fighter and mortal Kombat were great games, but played different

I think we both agree, but fighting games can be awesome if you overlook the repetition.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-22 20:37:52

I think we both agree, but fighting games can be awesome if you overlook the repetition.

Oh absolutely,
Fighting games are all different and awesome because it is fun to learn each character and their moves and how they all play. It's fun just learning new things!

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-22 21:15:01

Every freakin rhythm game on the planet. But I love them anyways. <3

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-22 21:24:38

At 2/22/15 09:15 PM, FinaLee wrote: Every freakin rhythm game on the planet. But I love them anyways. <3

Rhythm games are amazing. they are meant to be repetitive, but it works perfectly for games like that

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-22 21:54:50

At 2/22/15 09:15 PM, FinaLee wrote: Every freakin rhythm game on the planet.

The last rhythm game I enjoyed was Parappa the Rapper.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-22 22:44:16

At 2/22/15 09:54 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The last rhythm game I enjoyed was Parappa the Rapper.

Shit, dude. Did you always pass on the Guitar Hero/Rock Band parties?

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-23 02:16:37

Definitely Assassins creed. Never will I understand the appeal behind that game. It's nothing special and has offered the same gameplay since it came out.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-23 12:52:46

At 2/22/15 10:44 PM, FinaLee wrote: Shit, dude. Did you always pass on the Guitar Hero/Rock Band parties?

Yes, I do not play those fake instrument games.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-23 17:25:56

I feel RPGs can fit into this category. The fighting can get repetitive, but it's never bad or boring, at least to me. I always feel that there is something I can do differently. Newer, and perhaps better strategies I can employ.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-23 19:44:16

At least Mortal Kombat changes stuff after each game. I wish Street Fighter would do the same. They need to change their character designs, because their characters have had the same look since the '90s. One of the reasons why they refuse to change their character appearances is because the original appearances are too iconic to be changed.

That is very true. Street fighter is kinda one those games that hasnt changed much, they may have slapped in a few new mechanics and moves, but the designs of the characters and the overall formula of the game is pretty much the same, but then again alot of people wouldnt really like if capcom changed how ryu looked for example, cause we known him for so long as he started out

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-24 14:43:54

I'd say Hyrule Warriors is an example of a repetitive game that is really fun. I played through the entire game the adventure map and all of the DLC and still had a lot of fun with the game even at the end.

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-24 15:46:52

exactly. and guilty gear and phantom breaker and king of fighters..

cliche plot.. you get lured into a fighting tournament with promises of being granted a single wish.. this turns out to be a ruse to gain power for the revival of the big bad, and you must do battle with the host of the tournament before offing their master once more..

that didnt stop them from being fun as hell, with their own little twists here and there..

Exactly, that is why we play them "Fun as hell", each different with their own twists and turns.

Response to Games that are repetitive.......... 2015-02-24 16:56:12

Pokemon is definitely high on the repetitive list. Not that that's a bad thing though, Pokemon is amazing!

The concept of battle gym leaders, defeat the evil team ___, become the new champion, and catch all the legendaries afterwards is the main story arc of every main Pokemon game. My favorite Pokemon games are ones like Colosseum that vary the formula up a bit.

I'm loving and tolerating the shit outta you

BBS Signature