00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GMan2006i just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm a console gamer switching to PC

2,202 Views | 26 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I've been a console gamer since I was just a young pup playing on my old Genesis. Obviously, I did play some PC games here and there, but my main consumption of video games has always been on consoles. With me doing some research into the pros and cons of both console gaming and PC gaming, I've made the decision to make PC my next jump into gaming versus buying and 8th gen console. I'm also quite sick of the console fanboys.

So, to any of you guys out there who play on PC, what would you recommend to a newcomer who wants to play next gen consoles games on PC as far as buying a graphics chip, drivers, processing hardware, etc?

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-17 18:31:42

At 2/17/15 03:18 PM, Toxic-Shredder wrote:
So, to any of you guys out there who play on PC, what would you recommend to a newcomer who wants to play next gen consoles games on PC as far as buying a graphics chip, drivers, processing hardware, etc?

Glad to see another convert to the master race!

Here's where to start!

http://pcpartpicker.com/

This has many guides on building PCs in any tier as well as information about everything you just listed up there!

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-17 18:40:58

welcome to the Master Race! your membership card will arrive via mail in 2-3 weeks.

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-17 19:20:03

Glad to see another convert to the master race!

Here's where to start!

http://pcpartpicker.com/

This has many guides on building PCs in any tier as well as information about everything you just listed up there!

Thanks, man. It's appreciated.

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-17 19:21:12

At 2/17/15 06:40 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: welcome to the Master Race! your membership card will arrive via mail in 2-3 weeks.

I'll be waiting eagerly. Should I expect to submit a photo ID?

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-17 20:02:24

At 2/17/15 07:21 PM, Toxic-Shredder wrote:
At 2/17/15 06:40 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: welcome to the Master Race! your membership card will arrive via mail in 2-3 weeks.
I'll be waiting eagerly. Should I expect to submit a photo ID?

nah you can use a avatar.

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-17 20:02:25

At 2/17/15 07:48 PM, Hoodie wrote: It's not a master race, jesus christ...

Just buy a computer that looks pretty, it'll run fine in the end.

I don't believe in a "master race" personally I prefer playing consoles some prefer playing PC don't see why people argue so much about it. Just personal preference.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-17 20:04:13

ahh is someone mad?

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-17 20:25:23

Consoles and PCs are both fine in my opinion. One is not superior to the other.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-17 20:33:23

At 2/17/15 08:02 PM, jjrmet wrote:

I don't believe in a "master race" personally I prefer playing consoles some prefer playing PC don't see why people argue so much about it. Just personal preference.
At 2/17/15 08:25 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Consoles and PCs are both fine in my opinion. One is not superior to the other.

This guy did not come here to have a debate. He already knows which platform he wants as he has decided that it is superior in his opinion. He has come here asking about parts to build one.

And to the dipshit that says "just buy one, it will run fine", yeah. That's a stupid answer. Particularly to a guy who WANTS TO BUILD ONE.

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-17 20:38:13

At 2/17/15 08:02 PM, jjrmet wrote:

No matter what the conversation is about, if it's about gaming and has the words "console" and "PC" in it, a pissing contest will ensue.

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-17 20:44:27

At 2/17/15 08:25 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Consoles and PCs are both fine in my opinion. One is not superior to the other.

Honestly, no matter what people say, PC by its nature will ahead be the curve. I'm not shitting on consoles. They have their own niche, but PC has the liberty of customization, and is only limited by the power of the latest processor and video card.

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-17 20:45:47

This guy did not come here to have a debate. He already knows which platform he wants as he has decided that it is superior in his opinion. He has come here asking about parts to build one.

And to the dipshit that says "just buy one, it will run fine", yeah. That's a stupid answer. Particularly to a guy who WANTS TO BUILD ONE.

-applauds- thank you, good sir

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-18 12:20:21

looks like you've already been informed but i would like to say when you get your pc or if you have a some decent one right now you can make a steam game and i can give a guest pass for red orchestra ostfront

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-18 14:35:48

At 2/18/15 10:46 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:
The one thing consoles have that PCs don't is games exclusive to consoles. Pcs give you lot's more mods access to more than one service for buying and downloading games. You can customize the way your games look and run on a pc while you can't on a console.

The only real downside to PC gaming is that some games that get ported can be incredibly difficult to get working. Last year I got force unleashed 2 and on PC it's an absolute piece of shit.

Fair point in the latter paragraph, but the first sentence is untrue. PCs have browser games, TONS of MMOs, loads of indie games, and well you're on a site for flash games right now.

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-19 21:08:29

A PC will always need updates. Consoles are just plug and play.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-20 12:17:06

At 2/19/15 08:29 PM, megamanlover123 wrote: It depends, what kind of games are you going to play? If it's a 2d game or an older valve game (half-life 2 and portal 1) you should have no problem playing those, if you want to play something with high specs, A.K.A. Crisis 3, get a gaming computer, or build one. Otherwise, a regular Windows, Linux/Unix will work. Just don't get a Mac, don't mean to play fanboy, but they are not good for games, maybe a few 2d Indies may work, if they support Mac

I've already made the choice to get a Linux. I've never had any interest in a Mac personally, and Windows OS is really starting to wear out its welcome.

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-20 12:19:10

At 2/19/15 09:08 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: A PC will always need updates. Consoles are just plug and play.

Why is it my PS3 always needs system updates then? And still has to install software and memory from the disc of a game before I can play it?

Hmmm?

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-20 13:58:48

I think I hate literally everyone on this forum.

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-20 14:53:07

I love how this guy is asking for some help on how to build a pc and people start going apeshit about consoles vs pc.

I don't know much about building pcs, but if you want some help, you should tell people here how much you're willing to spend, and if you want a pc to run every game on max, or just being able to run every game decently.

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-20 15:27:12

I don't know much about building pcs, but if you want some help, you should tell people here how much you're willing to spend, and if you want a pc to run every game on max, or just being able to run every game decently.

Good idea, thanks for the response. I'll edit my post.

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-21 01:43:07

At 2/20/15 06:19 PM, megamanlover123 wrote:

I've already made the choice to get a Linux. I've never had any interest in a Mac personally, and Windows OS is really starting to wear out its welcome.
Personally, you've made the right choice, although most games on steam/origin don't support linux, mostly Windows, but alot more than Mac. But, although alot of steam games don't support linux/Unix, the ones that do are usually very high quality, and you will have lots of fun playing.

I have fond memories of the very old school DOS, so you can imagine my disappointment with Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 OS. I've heard tons of praise for Linux, and I've always been curious about it.

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-21 01:45:16

At 2/20/15 08:53 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 2/20/15 12:19 PM, Toxic-Shredder wrote:
At 2/19/15 09:08 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: A PC will always need updates. Consoles are just plug and play.
Why is it my PS3 always needs system updates then? And still has to install software and memory from the disc of a game before I can play it?

Hmmm?
doctorstrongbad thinks all consoles are nintendo consoles, and that everything else is a pile of junk.. he's a fool there. news to you?

Even Nintendo's current consoles has system updates here and there. And I love my 2DS, but I have refused to buy a Nintendo console since the Wii. The GameCube was their last good console.

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-21 01:59:24

If i was you, i'd buy a good PC and future proof it for the next years to come (make sure it will be able to run games in the future, when graphics and games will get more and more demanding).
I'd also TRY to save some money for some Steam games, however, a good PC is the highest priority, keep in mind, not all 'good' PC's cost thousands like other ignorant people state, you can get some quite cheap!

(Note: I would stay away from AlienWare, that's just my opinion).

Enjoy your new gaming rig when you get it and all the cheap games on steam!

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-21 02:01:43

At 2/21/15 01:59 AM, Kriln wrote: a good PC is the highest priority, keep in mind, not all 'good' PC's cost thousands like other ignorant people state, you can get some quite cheap!

I've found a good build for only $400, and it should last me for at least the next console generation. Thanks

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-21 12:56:31

Remember to visit lord Gaben's Steam when you're past the pearly gates.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm a console gamer switching to PC 2015-02-21 14:59:25

One of us!