00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What Book Are You Currently Reading

773 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This is the closest board when it comes to reading, as writing goes hand-in-hand with reading I suppose.

So, let's shoot: what book(s) are you currently reading?

I multitask through books so I am currently reading NERVE by Jeanne Ryan, Allegiant, The Maze Runner, The Giver, The Scorch Trials, and Paper Towns.

Response to What Book Are You Currently Reading 2015-03-24 23:34:14

The Ballad of the Whiskey Robber - Julian Rubinstein

BBS Signature

Response to What Book Are You Currently Reading 2015-03-25 14:33:59

The Hellbound Heart - Clive Barker
Wizard and Glass - Stephen King
Four Past Midnight - Stephen King

As you can probably tell I'm on a bit of a horror kick at the moment

BBS Signature

Response to What Book Are You Currently Reading 2015-03-25 16:52:07

The Demonata series is one of my favourite series. but currently reading a giant comic book of Calvin and Hobbes.

Response to What Book Are You Currently Reading 2015-03-25 17:35:20

Hugh Howey -
The Silo Series: Wool, Dust, Sand.

Thomas O'Malley & Douglas Graham Purdy -
Serpents in the Cold

Daniel Suarez -
Influx

Margaret Attwood -
Stone Mattress

Peyton Marshall -
Goodhouse

Response to What Book Are You Currently Reading 2015-03-28 05:55:54

Lost at sea - Bryan Lee O'Malley
Also i've finished reading the whole Scott Pilgrim series also from Bryan

Yea, i know comic books aren't exactly the same as regular books but it has words in them too right?

What Book Are You Currently Reading

I still don't like forums very much . . .

BBS Signature

Response to What Book Are You Currently Reading 2015-03-28 11:15:59

At 2/7/15 03:00 AM, heyitskar wrote: This is the closest board when it comes to reading, as writing goes hand-in-hand with reading I suppose.

So, let's shoot: what book(s) are you currently reading?

I multitask through books so I am currently reading NERVE by Jeanne Ryan, Allegiant, The Maze Runner, The Giver, The Scorch Trials, and Paper Towns.

lord of the rings
start up nation

Response to What Book Are You Currently Reading 2015-03-29 14:37:38

At 3/28/15 05:55 AM, beerbird wrote: Lost at sea - Bryan Lee O'Malley
Also i've finished reading the whole Scott Pilgrim series also from Bryan

Yea, i know comic books aren't exactly the same as regular books but it has words in them too right?

Kind of jealous, man. I love Bryan's works. Right now I'm reading Akira for the first time. It's pretty damn good so far. Also, I am doing some light reading on Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I recommend both.

Response to What Book Are You Currently Reading 2015-03-29 18:39:35

I'm actually re-reading Matterhorn. Its a phenomenal book, and I would recommend it to anyone. I will say however, its not for the light of heart.

I just finished reading Theodore Boone: The Accused and I'm gonna start reading Theodore Boone: The Activist.

I got the first book from the Theodore Bone series from my English teacher back in 2011 as Saint Nicholas day present, I never read it until the Summer vacation of 2014 though but when I started reading it I couldn't stop because it was such a great book. After that I got the other 3 books from the series and I saw that there's another book coming out.

During that vacation I also read Inferno by Dan Brown because I finished Theodore Boone and I had nothing to read so my mom showed me this book on her e-reader and it was really Awesome. I never got to finish that book though because we borrowed that e-reader from a friend but when I finish the other Theodore Bone books and The Celestine Prophecy, I'll start reading Inferno again and in English this time. The other time I read it in Dutch and it was Awesome but I prefer reading books in English because it's good for my English and I prefer English over Dutch in general.
I knew it was from the creators The Da Vinci Code book but I didn't know that was a series but I saw the Da Vinci code film during Christmas and even though it's probably different than the book it was still a great movie and I enjoyed it.

Why yes, I'm also reading The Celestine Prophecy.
My Dutch teacher gave me this book because he got a bookshelf in his classroom and he wanted us to read more and I had to read that book because he wanted me to read a Dutch book for his class.
As far as I know we don't have to write an essay about that book but I'm still at chapter one and once I'll start reading this book more after Theodore Boone I'll write an essay for that book after every chapter in case he does want us to write an essay about that book.
Probably not, he gave me the book back in October and he never even mentioned the books that he gave to us but he has an Excel document on his laptop so he knows that we have the books.

Reading is really fun, it's sad that it took me 17 years to discover how Awesome books are lol, the other reason is because I was watching a live stream of danisnotonfire and he said that reading helps when you're trying to fall asleep even though I never fall asleep because the books I read are waaay to Awesome!

Response to What Book Are You Currently Reading 2015-04-09 14:08:51

I'm currently reading Sabriel by Garth Nix :) I'm liking it so far. Though it's not really hooking and holding me yet.

Response to What Book Are You Currently Reading 2015-04-13 17:35:49

After finishing Mark Danielewski's House of Leaves, I tried to go through Naked Lunch by William Burroughs, but I had no clue what the hell what was going on, so I dropped it.
Instead, I picked up Neuromancer, by William Gibson, and I'm having a way better time with that. Good read, easy to see why it started the cyberpunk trend.

When I'm not spouting bullshit, I'm actually dead serious.