00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Honey1200 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Interior building critique

485 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Interior building critique 2015-01-27 23:46:04

This is a screen shot from my latest Animation. And this is really the first time I've focused on artificial backgrounds opposed to nature, mountains, woodlands, forests. etc. that I'm use to doing. Would love some comments and critiques on this.

Interior building critique

Animator for hire. Check out the stuff I have on the portal and the forums. If you like something, send me a message.

BBS Signature

Response to Interior building critique 2015-01-29 17:18:05

No one? really?

Animator for hire. Check out the stuff I have on the portal and the forums. If you like something, send me a message.

BBS Signature

Response to Interior building critique 2015-01-29 21:32:38

At 1/29/15 05:41 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote:
At 1/29/15 05:18 PM, Xcyper33 wrote: No one? really?
You said it's for an animation, do you have an example of what the character is going to look like? It's hard to fully judge it right now. My initial reaction is that it's a little too blurry and the color palette could use a little work.

color palette? specifics?

BBS Signature

Response to Interior building critique 2015-01-30 06:01:43

At 1/29/15 09:32 PM, Xcyper33 wrote:
You said it's for an animation, do you have an example of what the character is going to look like? It's hard to fully judge it right now. My initial reaction is that it's a little too blurry and the color palette could use a little work.
color palette? specifics?

I doubt Riot could give you any specific information since you haven't put any characters on it yet. It's possible that you have too many colours going on in the scene when a simpler pallette would be more effective.

Overall I say it looks good, but I have no idea how you're handling the scene in your animation. But I also feel the colours should be different. Those are some strong colours for the interior of a room, and the three main colours (light-blue / grey-red / dark-cyan) don't exactly go well together.

BBS Signature

Response to Interior building critique 2015-01-31 10:19:48

I like making artificial backgrounds more than nature stuff.
I'd say the room looks good by itself. The perspective on the right wall looks a little off (compared to the left wall), but I don't know much about that room like if it's supposed to be like that because it's a weird room or some kind of eccentric architecture. Is a part of the ceiling supposed to be curved? I'm guessing it some sort of futuristic place because of the wall panels. It seems to be some kind of office in a bunker or villain lair.

???

BBS Signature